First Attempt Indoor CFL Planted 6-3-2012

I had 7 grows using 8 68watt (300 eq) cfl's later adding 4 23watt cools (100 eq) I ran 2 purple urkle and 2 chem sister 5 gal. talls FF soil with added ancient forest full FF lineup (junk) . At best I yielded very close to a lb. but at 544 watt for the 68's + 23's+ fans and a shit load of heat they will never beat my 430's with cool tube. I only use them for veg and supplemental light during flowering. At 24,000 lumens the cfls didn't penetrate canopy well ennoff so tops had to be chopped so bottom could finish plus buds where never as dense as with hps's only with gravity added were even close.

Hi mate, Glad you have managed to save two girls! And as for height - I LOVE IT!! Not real lanky lean plants, but a plant that naturally duz 6 ft is great IMO. Thats my peak height now, so im either gunna scrog like ICEMUD s Mad effort - or just another diagonal grow,well near vertical anyway! Now ive used CFL's, and in fact i still do, mostly for supplemental but also for seedlings. I have seen some excellent results from ppl who are clued in on the whole - LED<CFL situation, tho i have seen few fails too! If you get right spectrum CFL's and have air and ur G/medium well sorted, you can gain impressive results, usually kept a few inches from tops due to low heat, tho sum ppl have burnt their girls also unfortunately. I have both MH and HPS globes also, and this time i used my MH for seedling? STOOPID ME!! Dont need that much light but anyways i just moved it upto 10 inches from top and its ok now, she's starting to grow a nice main cola, where as before due to light being so close it was really compact. There are some CFL grow kits ive seen on internet cheap, and was thinking i may just buy one to see what results are, and if there isnt enuf light to penetrate the lower canopy ill just slap my HPS or woteva in there! Just try keep temps stable and air circulating, u need sum clean air in and out, watch the height of the lights and i hope things will be fine for you. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;):420:

Nice little CFL grow man!

I'm doing an HPS grow but i'm in process of making a little CFL seedling/veg box. I hope i get a nice little veg like you.

Good work.

Looks like I may have over watered. Will be laying off the water for a few days.
GEDC0382.jpg

7/15/2012
GEDC03811.jpg

Also they have now out grown their new home. Have ordered a grow tent that will be the new home.
This photo shows the plant on the left has to be kept in the drawer as the height it too big to fit anymore.
GEDC03831.jpg

Is this due to over watering? Just want to make sure so the plants do not die
From what I read it was. I have stopped watering for a couple of days and don't see any improvement.
Do I need to wait longer?
I checked my PH and its right around 7
GEDC0382.jpg

Hi mate, it could be a water prob, or rooting issues.. Are your temps getting high? As it also looks like some heat stress i had a while back? Not 100% sure mate, Fuzzy Duck or Icemud may be able to better determine the prob.THEY HELP ME HEAPS!! Do you know your PH, RH and peak temps in ur cupboard? Things like this sometimes combine to cause 2 probs, but once the main ofender is treated she should pick up. Just a little tip, IMO, and im not picking on you, but your branch growth is somewhat small? Ive seen CFL grows have this prob as the light is only above the plants in ur pic, they could usually do with an extra 2 lights around the middle of ur girls, Thats why i switch to HM/HPS after she's decent size, as If youre CFL setup isnt quite right the growth will be slower.. Just a thought.. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

PH is at 7, RH is between 40-60 usually at 50 and temps are around 80

Just ran a couple gallons of water through one of them to see if this is going to help or get worse.
I did a PH test after about 15 minutes of the run off and it was at 6 - 6.5.

We will see how it works out.

From what I have been reading is that this is a cause of too much Nitrogen. And I have flushed twice and will hold off on the feedings and just use regular PH'd water until they start to recover and are no longer the darker green. Will post photos as I go.

From what I have been reading is that this is a cause of too much Nitrogen. And I have flushed twice and will hold off on the feedings and just use regular PH'd water until they start to recover and are no longer the darker green. Will post photos as I go.
.....like I was sayin :idea:

Well it looks like we are done with this first grow. I took the taller one down a couple weeks ago as it did not seem to be growing right. that plant ended up making around 2 grams.

The shorter one seemed to work out much better.
After harvesting it looks to be around 2 oz with the branches.

I still have a lot to learn about this. Seemed to be a small plant next to all of the others that I have seen.
GEDC0794.JPG
GEDC0793.JPG
GEDC0795.JPG
GEDC0796.JPG
GEDC0802.JPG
GEDC0803.JPG
GEDC0804.JPG

sfw88. Some of the fan leaves were starting to turn more of a yellow/brown and could see the amber in the in the trichomes. But remember this is an untrained eye. I used a microscope but what do I know. Wish this had more buds like I see in others. Don't know if they are super cropping or lollipopping ect. This is just the slang that I hear.

it looks like you haven't let them go long enough to me.

All the pistils are still white. Think you may have chopped it a bit early.

I would tell someone , if your a new grower ,,,let the plant grow on its own, especially if your only gonna grow 1 plant, dont crop or lollipop ,so you can understand what's really going on, and you'll get more buds sites , and by all means there's plenty growers here to help ya with any questions ya might have along the way.

sfw88. Some of the fan leaves were starting to turn more of a yellow/brown and could see the amber in the in the trichomes. But remember this is an untrained eye. I used a microscope but what do I know. Wish this had more buds like I see in others. Don't know if they are super cropping or lollipopping ect. This is just the slang that I hear.

Hey mate, yeah you would have gotten a larger harvest if you just let her grow naturally without stripping branches and leaves off.. My last indoor girl grew to just over 5ft and gave me 8oz dry cola's.. What you have done to ur plant is kind of like 'lolli popping', by stripping branches etc and letting just buds grow out from the main stem instead of the branches having the buds on them..
Next time maybe let her grow to about 3ft before you flower her(if u have the room) and you should get an ok harvest out of her!
Goodluk and hope she s sum nice smoko:thumb:
Smokemup..

Back
Top Bottom