First Attempt Indoor CFL Planted 6-3-2012

Have moved them into a larger area. Found some old furniture that I was not using and what do you know it's white.
I will be lowering the lights closer to the plants. Any know of good nutrients for the flowering. I was reading that Fox Farms 10-20-10 would be good. Will have to order some. Currently using miracle grow plant food but using much less then recommended in a gallon.
Smokemupm8 I have no problem with what anyone says. It's just corrective criticism. I appreciate the information.
donpaul.p Thanks for the great information. This will come in handy. Really appreciate it.

GEDC01231.jpg

Hi Sfw, just quik question about ur grow space.. I have nearly the same - 5 1/2 ft wide, 2 1/2 deep and 9 ft high..Now how do you go with you girls bushing out in this 2ft wide space? Do you train your branches or just let em go? I have to manipulate my girls cos just the one girl nearly filled my whole space, had to tie branches etc.. I couldnt see anything from ur pics. Thanks;)
I do have a few strings in there ,pulling some lower limbs up. But I basicly let them grow ,and they shaped themselves to fit the area, but if I turn em , I can only do a 180 , because of their shape..I wasn't planning on them getting this big ,..I just got done framing up a 12 X 14 room in my basement ,and will be moving everything into it after this grow , it's the last grow in this cabinet ,,all new stuff ready to install...bigger IS better :thumb:

that fox farms sounds ok for flowering, ive never used it myself as i dont think they sell it where i am, but if you have any spare cash id get some nutrients from blue planet nutrients, their are loads of growers on here using it and wont use anything else, the bloke who makes it only sells it by word of mouth on these sites, its not sold in shops and can only be bought online, its cheaper than most other nutes as well, if you was going to order any then id go with the 3part plus bloom booster, check out blue planet nutrients website and have a look what they got, the prices are good and you wont find better nutes anywhere,

Yeah sweet mate.. My girl grew around to the light but some branches had to be trained. And i used to be able to move her about 90*dgrees or so, but lucky i can move my light or some lower buds wouldnt have gotten so big. Glad to see u have more space;) Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Updated some new photos.
7/3/2012 Added some new fans to take the air out at the top.
GEDC01282.jpg

When I took the plants out of the pots to add more soil I soaked them with the water that had the fertilizer in it. So I think this was the result of burning some of the tips. So laying off fert for a few days and just going with water.
GEDC01272.jpg

GEDC01262.jpg

Hey Scottybm , for a more accurate temp , you need to get your thermometer up to the canopy height , the bottom of the cabinet is always the coolest....just sayin :tokin:

SWF88 have moved the thermometer closer to the top of the plants.

Also not sure but I am 8 days into flowering and just saw what might be 2 females and 1 male.
You guys can decide of this is what I should be looking for.

Think this may be Female
GEDC0138.jpg
GEDC01432.jpg

This one may be male. Not sure. This is my first time with this but I think it might be.
If anyone knows for sure about this one then should I pull it now?
GEDC0147.jpg

mate the top one is 100% fem, the bottom one i cant be 100% sure of, its just not clear enough, are you getting loads of pods where the branches meet the stem, you can clearly tell the fem is fem but if you have a few pods near the nodes then chances are its a male, i wouldnt take it out just yet till its 100% clear,

yep sure is male, cut it and bin it unless you want to collect pollen and get your own seeds, but you will need somewhere else to grow it and make sure you dont get any pollen on clothes as it will spread to the fems the second you go near them, id grow it in a totally different house if it was me then collect pollen and do it that way, its not worth losing the whole crop because of some pollen floating around

Yea I hate to kill it off as I have nursed it from the seed. But have since pulled it out of there. Not sure what I am going to do with it at this point. May just give it away.

its not worth keeping it unless you plan on getting the pollen from it, id kill it mate, the chances of someone wanting it are slim unless they want to cross the strain with something else, i know its a pain in the arse growing it for that long to find out its male, but it happens and needs dealing with, id kill it and use the pot for something else, fem seeds are the way to go, they cost more but guarantee fem plants, in the long term it works out cheaper as your not taking up growing space, your not feeding nutes, so it works out cheaper buying the fem seeds, head over to herbies head shop and have a look at his pick and mix section its on the right hand side of the page bout half way down, click on that then when it opens on the left choose the lowest price and it puts them in price order, plus if you only buy 1 seed herbie sends 3 free seeds, 2 x big bud#2 and 1 x any other but this is always a fem or auto fem, so its well worth a look

7/7/2012
These girls are about 34 days old now. Time for larger pots.

Now that I only have the 2 females. Looks like the one on the left is out growing its living space. May have to cut out some more room
GEDC0196.jpg

This is the larger female. Looks like I can see a sign of buds growing.
GEDC0198.jpg

you could always top the bigger one and use it as a clone so then you know you have got another plant in vag then can be put to flower when these are done, you will need some rooting hormone, gel or powder and some sort of humidity dome, without the dome the cutting will wilt and die,

how many lights are you using now, its looks as if the plants are stretching due to lack of light, you have not got much growth at the nodes where the branches will grow from,

Lose the foil it reflects heat and not light very well when I started a few years back I used tri fold display board the white reflects light much better.

I had over 7 grows using 8 300watt 2700k ecosmart cfls with 4-6 100 watt 6500k cfls n a tent . While plants yielded the bottoms never git enuff light sometimes top had to b chopped first to let bottom finish. Buds where never as dense as a hid only with gravity added where buds even close. Never added any co2 with cfls they work great 4 supplemental light but don't penatrait canopy like hps.

donpaul.p
How much should I top the larger plant. And I am using 6 23 watt lights. I may be loosing some light at the top as I don't have a hood. I will make a hood today.

Bmore81: I already removed the foil when I moved these to this new location.

What foil ? .I dont see foil ... if ya wanna top it ,you can just to make a clone , but put the smaller plant on something to get their tops about the same height,. so they share even light ,and move it closer to your girls,to stop the streching,,and as soon as ya make ur reflector , you'll be in shape:thumb: ...I'm just sayin:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom