First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

Re: first cfl grow using 30watt cfls

right ok, i know what im looking for now, i didnt know it would be exatly the same on the bottle as that i thought maybe it would break it down into %, im going to my moms local garden center to get sum activated carbon so ill have a good look through their nutes n see what they got for sale, so by the looks of it i need to lots of nutes at least one for veg and one for flower, ill write down the numbers you have listed and see how it compares to what i can get where i am, thanks a lot makes it a bit easier for me,

No problem:Namaste:

Hi all, ive not posted for a while but ive been away a couple of days with my kids so havnt been home, i managed to pop back for a few hours today just to check on progress and check if they needed watering, the plants now look really healthy and are now growing their second set of leaves, they seem to have stopped stretching as much and seem to be growing more leaves but really close together so im hoping these plants will be more bushy than they are tall, im popping back to the grow tomorrow so will take some pictures and upload so you can all see how im getting on, so far so good, ive ordered some more seeds in case i struggle to get a femal out of these, im hoping at least the nl x bb femenised is going to be female but i know their is no guarantee, all been well ill have at least one and hopefully and i mean a very big hopefully i have 3 nice females all different strains, ill update pics tomorrow

thanks for all the advice so far, i found a hydro shop near to where my mom lives so when she is looking after the kids im going to pop down and have a look what they got, well i say a shop, its in the middle of an industrial estate and its more of a factory open to the public so im hoping i can get some cheap prices as they will carry a lot more stock, well ill find out soon.

thanks all

ive just ordered some autoflower seeds, do these grow under ny lighting schedule, they flower a lot quicker so should be able to soak and plant the seeds and then stick them under my lights, will the 20-4 schedule im using be suitable to grow the autos as well,

ive just ordered some autoflower seeds, do these grow under ny lighting schedule, they flower a lot quicker so should be able to soak and plant the seeds and then stick them under my lights, will the 20-4 schedule im using be suitable to grow the autos as well,

Yes, auto flowering strains will flower under 24 hour light if you let them. They are pre-programed, genetically, to flower no matter what; Some auto strains, however, prefer 18/6, or 20/4, etc. You have to research the strains to find the optimal time for their flower phase, but your 20/4 schedule will work perfectly.

thanks, i just thought id give them a try, dont suppose they would yield much but i have to give it a try, and see what happens, maybe the flower before my others and it will keep my going till the others are flowered, hopin their female that is

thanks thats what im hoping, should be nice smoke if all goes well, northen lights cross big bud, so it should be nice.

what i have noticed when buying seeds is looking at the average yields, not the plants say indoors but the yields seem really high, some of them say 500 grams and slightly more, is this achievable in the time they suggest, it seems a bit far fetched to me, i know i wont get near that with cfl's but even with proper lights i cant see it been possible

thanks thats what im hoping, should be nice smoke if all goes well, northen lights cross big bud, so it should be nice.

what i have noticed when buying seeds is looking at the average yields, not the plants say indoors but the yields seem really high, some of them say 500 grams and slightly more, is this achievable in the time they suggest, it seems a bit far fetched to me, i know i wont get near that with cfl's but even with proper lights i cant see it been possible

Well, I've never seen it, but I believe it is possible OUTdoors. I'm pretty sure there have been very few indoor plants ever reach that weight, if any.

But, I wouldn't focus so much on the yield of a strain, so much as the effects you are looking for. The yields CAN be wildly exagerated...I have seen a VERY nice auto, done by XLR8, that yielded 4.7 oz...and that was really good for an indoor Auto. Automatic Big Bang was the strain.

their are that many out their to choose from, im just going to start trying and see what i like, i need to see how quick the auto flowers are and how much they yield compared to a normal fem plant, i mean is the extra veg period and higher electric bill worth doing compared to an auto, ive never grown an auto so im giving it a try, im hopinh all the plants should be ready withing a few weeks of each other, ive also converted and old wardrobe into a veg place so i can take cuttings and put them in veg while flowering the other plants, im not read yet to have a mother plant long term, maybe if one of the fems i get has a nice result then i may turn one of the cuttings into a mother and keep cutting off it, that way i could pretty much go straint to flower from the cuttings or a couple of weeks after, i got a lot to learn and a lot i want to try

im also thinking about not just having bulbs above and round the sides of my plant but i was thinking having a couple shining up through the plant, but do you think this would confuse the plant and make it start growing down towards the ground

/o hey there Paul :) so ur using fox farm mutes nice I was going to my self but my hydro guy told me to get general organics has a full set for a grow bud booster root booster diamond black biothrive biobloom bio marine uh bio weed haha ill take a pic sometime

@ mr mud pie, the pictures of the nutes where posted by someone else, i dont even think i can get them in the country i am in, ive got something called bio grow i think, ill check when i get home, but last night i found their i a hydro shop near my moms house so while she is watching my daughter ill pop down n look what the got, so ill find out tomorrow what they have got that i can use,

blue planet nutritions seems about the best nutes i have heard people using on here, wish i could get my hands on some, so if you can get that i would go for that

WWell if u can get ur hands on *general organics * nute has like everything for the 11 week like has the amount to put in the water and what not I only use half the amount needed cuz ur plant only takes up so much, my water cycle is day 1in feed day 2in water day 3in dry, then repeat seams to be doing well

Ill post a pic of all the nutes soon

thats exactly the same as mine, does yours have the built in timer that lets you choose tomatoe setting, exactly my idea, is the timer on that the same for all the settings, ie 18-6, i think i read somewhere that it has built in timer, i cant believe you have got exactly the same one as me, n were miles away, even countries away from each other, the bottom part had a pump in it that meant you didnt need to grow in compost but i wasnt sure where you get the round fittings that fit into the plug holes in the bottom part so im going to do the same as you and remove it, in fact ive wired up the top part without the bottom part so i can hang the hood and use it for extra lights for my plants, how wierd is that, never thought id hear of anyone else having one of these.

im just uploading todays pics in the next few minute, ive given them a good watering till it runs out the bottom of the pots, the water seemed to drain out really quick so ive placed them in bowls to stand in the water for a while but they wont be left in teh bowls just so they got time to soak water up cuz im going away for 2 days so need to make sure their watered properly,

would it be a good idea to add nutes at this stage, not sure whats in the compost im using

Timer: Lights On - Pump On
Herbs/Basil
: 17 - 17
Salad Greens: 16.5 - 24
Peppers/Tomatoes: 16 - 20
Flowers: 15.5 - 20
Strawberries: 15 - 15

Back
Top Bottom