First Grow, 400W MH/HPS, Nirvana NL + Wonder Woman

Re: First grow, 400w mh/hps, nirvana NL + wonder woman~

Welcome to the gang, bro. Glad you joined us.

Visit us here some time for some friendly chat:

Quick update and some numbers:

Air temp: 75
Humidity: 55
Light distance from tops: 20" (thinking I can start to move closer)

Wonder Women - 12 days old
Res temp: 71.8
PH: 5.93
PPM: 228

WW1 is still going strong. Has a root pretty far in the water and starting to see more below the cup. First node measure 3.5" across and 2nd node is coming in.

WW2 is doing better. The tiny leaf is catching up and it doesn't look so droopy.

Blue Mystic - 11 days old
Res temp: 73.2
PH: 6.07
PPM: 230

BM1 is looking good, my second biggest next to WW1. No roots showing below the cup yet. Every time I check I think they will be there but they aren't.

BM2 is the smallest, but the 2nd to show roots below the cup. The tip of the root is just in the deep water.

Northern Light #2 - 4 days old
Res temp: 71.3
PH: 5.79
PPM: 158

Looking good, about 1" tall and the leaves are almost all the way free of the seed casing.

Thanks Roseman, things are going pretty well so far.

Saturday I did a full res change and went to 1/2 strength nutes. I'm pretty much following this to the letter, so I did half of the "mild growth" stage.
Untitled312.jpg

These were taken 24 hours after the change and they seem to be taking well to the nutes. I noticed a darker green color and solid growth overall.

Would I consider all of these to officially be in vegetative growth or still seeding?

Blue Mystic 1 (left), Blue Mystic 2 (right)
Untitled70.jpg

Wonder Woman 1 (left), Wonder Woman 2 (right)
Untitled214.jpg

I'm thinking about going another 1/4 tomorrow morning if all is still going well.

Thanks Roseman, things are going pretty well so far.

Saturday I did a full res change and went to 1/2 strength nutes. I'm pretty much following this to the letter, so I did half of the "mild growth" stage.
Untitled312.jpg

These were taken 24 hours after the change and they seem to be taking well to the nutes. I noticed a darker green color and solid growth overall.

Would I consider all of these to officially be in vegetative growth or still seeding?

Blue Mystic 1 (left), Blue Mystic 2 (right)
Untitled70.jpg

Wonder Woman 1 (left), Wonder Woman 2 (right)
Untitled214.jpg

I'm thinking about going another 1/4 tomorrow morning if all is still going well.

Not Enough Food is far better than TOO MUCH Food.

Those are still seedlings and should stay within the 300 to 500 ppm range for a couple more days, in my humble opinion.

Are my plants old enough that I would expect 1-2 inches growth daily if all is going well?

The pics in the last post were taken at 13-14 days from seed.

You are not growing RAPID GROWTH strains there.

If you look at my Tutorial, I ws getting one inch a day froms eeds, to 12 inches tall on the 12th day from seed. At 35 days from seed, I had 32 to 35 inch tall plants and a few runts 18 inches tall in there too.

I had twice the lumens needed, perfect temps and humidity, very close lights, and a rapid growing strain too.

Not Enough Food is far better than TOO MUCH Food.

Those are still seedlings and should stay within the 300 to 500 ppm range for a couple more days, in my humble opinion.

Thanks Roseman, I'm going to stay where I'm at then.

How do I know when they have officially entered the vegetative state?

You're off to a great start DD! :goodjob:

Roseman sure knows his stuff!
Welcome to the Deep Water Culture! :welcome:

You're welcome, you deserve some praise. Pat yourself on the back bro, then keep it going and get ready for the next step.

Definately time to top. I must've topped mine a total of 5 times. The grow looks great bro

Back
Top Bottom