First Grow - Indoor Now - Outside & Inside Later

That works perfectly for me mate. Funny thing is I just told the missus a minute before I read this that I wanted to craft a wooden pipe but I've only ever made a table leg before, must be some internet influence/karma or something :rofl: I was a butcher by trade before going into the PC business and I prefer layman's terms over all the technical data with no explanation. You have a gift sir :thumb:

Hey AG, I have a photo of Big Mamma and will take more of the others as the week goes :)

The 900 is a great light, if I can create more grow space, I will be ordering more Mars lights ;) If you are considering that size grow space, I would suggest 2 M2 1200s.

Sweet be sure to take lots of photos! Also you find the Mars 900 working well still? been thinking of a 8 x 4 tent sea of green since the summer has managed to give me grow fever.

I think everyone that does their first grow either loves it or hates it. The former all seem to get the same fever lol. Be sure to set a journal up it works wonders for your knowledge :)

Funny you say that Kraize, I have been saying for weeks that I want to make a pipe out of Big Mamma's stump LOL

Now that would be an amazing thing TheCelt. You know you have to give that one a special spot in one of your journals :)

I will be keeping a full one next time around. I only joined the 420 community recently so it wasn't to be this time around. Although I will be doing weekly updates on my outdoor grow. I put up a few pictures today actually of one of my Blue Devils in a 5 gallon bucket.

Well friends, this is likely to be my last update, before I leave Sunday, and until I return the end of the month just in time for the beginning of harvest ;)

Only a quickie with a few pictures of the girls in the garden as there is little change with the girls as its still really dry here.

Here is Big Mamma stretched, staked and tied to support the weight of her buds while I am away
IMG_20150907_174154.jpg

This in the Cluster Bomb in the garden, starting to take on some reddish coloring in her leaves :)
IMG_20150908_162442.jpg

And lastly the Cherry Bomb in full bloom and getting heavy
IMG_20150908_180117.jpg

IMG_20150908_180156.jpg

Wow Celt! This looks so damn beautiful. Great job man

Great info Celt. Nice harvest too. :thumb: I've been thinking of getting into real soil soon and getting away from the Sunshine Mix/ bottled nutes thing I have going on now. I was going to take the easy route to begin with and order a Clackamass Coot style kit from B.A.Soil. However it appears that shipping to Canada would cost three times what the actual product costs. Kind of a disagreeable ratio. I could be mistaken about that shipping cost. I emailed them to confirm.
I do know that there are always alternatives for the ingredients. Also, I have access to plenty of crabs/crab shells, kelp,fish, and a few natural forms of the recipe ingredients. However- I did want to take the easy route to start learning because of time and laziness at the moment.
Do you know any Canadian suppliers of things like rock dust, rice hulls, neem cake,and such? I live in nowhere and have to mail order everything or find it in nature. Or do you want to talk me out of going this route of buying pre-packaged ingredients, or whatever? Thanks!

Man those outside girls are looking lovely.
:thumb:

It's too bad that you have to leave home for a couple of weeks and miss the best part of the show.
Have a safe trip mate.
:peace:

Great info Celt. Nice harvest too. :thumb: I've been thinking of getting into real soil soon and getting away from the Sunshine Mix/ bottled nutes thing I have going on now. I was going to take the easy route to begin with and order a Clackamass Coot style kit from B.A.Soil. However it appears that shipping to Canada would cost three times what the actual product costs. Kind of a disagreeable ratio. I could be mistaken about that shipping cost. I emailed them to confirm.
I do know that there are always alternatives for the ingredients. Also, I have access to plenty of crabs/crab shells, kelp,fish, and a few natural forms of the recipe ingredients. However- I did want to take the easy route to start learning because of time and laziness at the moment.
Do you know any Canadian suppliers of things like rock dust, rice hulls, neem cake,and such? I live in nowhere and have to mail order everything or find it in nature. Or do you want to talk me out of going this route of buying pre-packaged ingredients, or whatever? Thanks!

Hey there Weaselcracker,
Crab shells, shrimp peelings, fish refuse, etc are all excellent but may cause some odor issues depending on the location of your compost pile. Letting them dry out in the sun for a couple of days before adding to your compost pile will draw flies but will minimize compost pile odor later when you add to the compost bin.

If you are able to find someone that does granite counter tops, floors, tomb stones, etc, just ask them to keep some of the cutting dust for you and add this to your compost bin/soil mix.

Lots of mountains streams in Canada so just find a remote stream and bring along a bucket and a shovel. The uppermost rocks and pebbles should be high in mineral content.

Find a farmer. Lots of goodies to be had around a farm.

Keep an empty bucket in your vehicle to use to collect things that you'll happen across during your day to day grind.

Good luck with your search bro!

Hey WeaselCracker

The only thing I can suggest for mail order is amazon the Canadian site. Most of the things I use I can source locally. Not sure if there is any farms your way but if there is and there is a feed store locally, you can source most of the "meals" like fish, bone, blood, alfalfa, etc. Its all ingredients used in making animal feeds (I worked at a feed mill in my teens LOL)

Back
Top Bottom