First Grow Journal - Shiva Skunk - Shed Grow

Dstruktvbayc,
Thank you for the complements and advice, I trimmed some of the leaves off the girls, I had a lot of clumping around some areas and they needed more light penetration. Also, I'll have pics next week but I have started the lst on the sour diesel, woke up this morning she had plenty of room from the light, came back tonight to find her all up in it lol. I'm thinking around a quarter inch spurt of growth in 24 hours, she's looking really happy except for the light burn on some of her leaves, the other two are doing very nice as well, I will be transplanting all of them next week, reason why my next pic update won't be until then.

Thanks for stopping by.

Looking good so far! Do you have some sort of smell scrubber ? Anything skunk will just reek eventually... usually.

Most people call that stuff blackwhite poly or panda film. It's good stuff. Would actually suggested lining your walls with it entirely. Those plants will get big quick when you add those lights. Talking lights, they are big enough that I would add a 1000w HPS to substitute the fluros. But thats just me.

I would go for #1 for making a mother because it looks like it is growing better over all. This wouldn't stop me from grabbing some clones of those shiva skunks though!

Looking forward to this one :)

So, the reason I topped them instead is because I'm not to familiar with fimming, I know for sure what topping is going to do cause I have always done that.

J189FRC, I have these babies at a different location, not really wanting to put the plastic up there if you know what I mean. A bigger light for veg is defiantly in future plans for sure, but right now I can only work with the cfls, results aren't to bad.

Thanks for the new watchers glad you joined, how this thread doesn't disappoint.

Fkyinhigh,

I had issues to, So I'm assuming your growing hydro, that's why I switched to soil, because I did not want to purchase a water chiller.

What type of vent fan do you have, like cfm, how many intake vents do you have, do you have a portable ac?

I went to soil for a lot more reasons too but what I noticed, if it's 90 or higher, as long as your air is not stagnant, the plants will be fine, it's been 110 in my shed before, still cranking dank out. At 90 to 100 my water temps were still around 75 to 80, not ideal but it's manageable. Air flow air flow air flow, that's the biggest thing, I have a. 800 cfm fan for a 200sqft shed lol.

so yer mile high country ? how ya gonna heat that shed ? ya need to seal the walls with visqueen & insulate if possible
yeah I know what about the heat in the summer but ya get thru winter 1st :)
your also gonna have low humidity in the CO winter air that when heated is gonna be around 5% or less
so plan on boosting the moisture in the air a little mister work
fill emty gallon bottles with water & place them everywhere along the walls the corners any spare area
Think Heat Sink in a bottle
that stored water will act as a heat sink & give alotta buffering to temp swings

0921141335a.jpg
0921141335.jpg

So, after a while with out an update I'll update on my sd babies and update tonight or tomorrow with the shivas. This is Sd #1 with a slight lst train. The reason it's not full blown lst yet is I'm waiting for the transplant to start the full lst. I plan on transplanting her tonight into a 10gal bucket, waiting two days before starting the lst. Sd # 2 is progressing very well, she is as tall as #1 just not as bushy yet with no lst, she will also be transplanted at some point this week into a 10gal bucket as well. I am very pleased with the growth so far.

To address sufficiently my shed during the winter, I have had insulation installed since the beginning of the shed, I am currently working on getting a ceiling installed with insulation as well. My plan is to have a 15k btu heater along with using the heat giving off from the lights redirected back into the flower room, like I have said previously, I have a 800 cfm fan hooked to the light with vents pulling fresh air into the shed, I will have a smaller outlet fan, 150cfm fan hooked up to a thermostat to blow air out of the shed to maintain a constant temp. I also will have other oscillating fans in both veg and flower rooms to help circulate air as well. The heat will have a thermostat on it as well.

As for humidity, it seems like having a humidifier on a timer would be more efficient than having gallons of water placed through out the shed, seeing how space is already a hot commodity, that would waste much needed space. Plus, I will have a drum for water, with a pump on a hose to easily water plants, once these things start to take full affect, I will take pics of the entire set up.

Tonight will give me a better idea on when I'm flowering out the Shivas, the time is almost upon us.

Hey guys,
Unfortunately i have to stop growing, i am currently moving out of state to a state that does not allow it. Its been fun for this very short period. May all of you have bountiful harvests!

Back
Top Bottom