First Grow Take 2 - White Widow & Skunk #1

Just checked on the girls this morning and they are already turned back towards the light. I had to move and tuck some leave out of the way to keep light on the sides..
420-magazine-mobile541293755.jpg
420-magazine-mobile27348860.jpg

Very nice. I do the same thing, i also get a paperclip a twist tie and just bundle up the top growth and it helps it too. The twist tie method does the same thing too

Took the girls out for a mini photo shoot. They are both doing really well. Topping slowed them down a little over the last couple of days.
420-magazine-mobile1801872028.jpg
420-magazine-mobile359850515.jpg

White Widow
420-magazine-mobile1173741259.jpg
420-magazine-mobile839586801.jpg

Skunk

I gave the each of the girls a half gallon of plain ph'd water last night. The side growth is really starting to fill in. I'm using 80% organic potting mix and 20% perlite. Should I be using a cal mag supplement?

Skunk Pepe Le Pew
420-magazine-mobile715960740.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1249760823.jpg

White Widow I Debbie
420-magazine-mobile1921707720.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1296843880.jpg

I need to redo Debbie's LST

Should I be using a calmag supplement? We will be officially 1 month old Thursday afternoon. I'm hoping to switch to flower in 5 or 6 more weeks.

Should I be using a calmag supplement? We will be officially 1 month old Thursday afternoon. I'm hoping to switch to flower in 5 or 6 more weeks.

I would say yes, absolutely, start at 2 or 2.5ml per gallon and increase from there as needed if you notice even a slight yellowing between veins, I waited to long to up my cal-mag game, playing too safe with dosage and it snuck up on me and bit, cal on one plant, mag on another.

If you want to see mag deficiency look at the striping in some of my WW pics, if you want to see what was very likely calcium def. look at the brozing spots on my candy cane.

CC first, WW second. Don't be like me lol, under led 2.0ml gallon clearly not enough under led around flower stage upped my game to 5ml now. That said if you have dolomite lime that has cal and mag additives in it already pre-mixed into your soil you may not need to go 5ml prior to flower. :)

The darker edges in that last pic look odd but it's not because that was new growth after dosing them higher and foliar feeding them cal mag directly. But it's a good pic in my view to highlight the difference in the 'green' Dark being where they have tons of magnesium light green where they had pretty bad def that kind of popped up over a couple days but slowly enough I never truly noticed (led lighting playing tricks on eyes sometimes).

I would say yes, absolutely, start at 2 or 2.5ml per gallon and increase from there as needed if you notice even a slight yellowing between veins, I waited to long to up my cal-mag game, playing too safe with dosage and it snuck up on me and bit, cal on one plant, mag on another.

If you want to see mag deficiency look at the striping in some of my WW pics, if you want to see what was very likely calcium def. look at the brozing spots on my candy cane.

CC first, WW second. Don't be like me lol, under led 2.0ml gallon clearly not enough under led around flower stage upped my game to 5ml now. That said if you have dolomite lime that has cal and mag additives in it already pre-mixed into your soil you may not need to go 5ml prior to flower. :)

The darker edges in that last pic look odd but it's not because that was new growth after dosing them higher and foliar feeding them cal mag directly. But it's a good pic in my view to highlight the difference in the 'green' Dark being where they have tons of magnesium light green where they had pretty bad def that kind of popped up over a couple days but slowly enough I never truly noticed (led lighting playing tricks on eyes sometimes).
Thanks! I'll order some calmag next week after pay day. They aren't showing any signs of def yet. I did a little more LST last night about 2 hours before the light went off. Checked this morning and WOW. Skunk plant loved it. White Widow is looking good too. Her leave are growing kind of bunched up together I'm not sure if that's a sign of a problem.

Skunk (pepe)
420-magazine-mobile1557968654.jpg
420-magazine-mobile541243303.jpg

White Widow (Debbie)
420-magazine-mobile554576483.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1974162014.jpg

Day 35
Saturday night the girls each got a gallon of water with food. Everything is looking good. I was hoping they would be a little bigger at this point. Only 4 more weeks until we switch to flower.
420-magazine-mobile252450848.jpg

Skunk
420-magazine-mobile1929678719.jpg

White Widow

Day 35
Saturday night the girls each got a gallon of water with food. Everything is looking good. I was hoping they would be a little bigger at this point. Only 4 more weeks until we switch to flower.
Skunk

White Widow

Do you have the VS-450 veg and bloom lights on? If only veg maybe time to turn them both on if your looking for more beef before the flip. Just a thought - you probably have both on already, I just noticed mostly blue'ish haze in some earlier pics. They look like they're ready to explode some growth soon on you though, ie well established now and centers opened up.

Do you have the VS-450 veg and bloom lights on? If only veg maybe time to turn them both on if your looking for more beef before the flip. Just a thought - you probably have both on already, I just noticed mostly blue'ish haze in some earlier pics. They look like they're ready to explode some growth soon on you though, ie well established now and centers opened up.
Only have veg lights on right now. I did move them up a bit last night. They're now 22 inches from the top is skunk plants top leaves. White widow is a bit shorter, so maybe they will stretch a bit more. .

Only have veg lights on right now. I did move them up a bit last night. They're now 22 inches from the top is skunk plants top leaves. White widow is a bit shorter, so maybe they will stretch a bit more. .

That might help as well if you moved em up a couple inches you'll know in a day or two.
My ww seems to like 25-27 under my 600w, much lower than that and she gets kind of droopy and doesn't add height much, probably translates to 22-24 for you, but you'll only really know with trial and error.

That might help as well if you moved em up a couple inches you'll know in a day or two.
My ww seems to like 25-27 under my 600w, much lower than that and she gets kind of droopy and doesn't add height much, probably translates to 22-24 for you, but you'll only really know with trial and error.
Well see in a few days .
Still hoping for at least 1oz of each. That will last me until the next grow harvests. That way they can veg longer. I'm already trying to decide what strains to do next time. LOL

Day 36 above ground.
Ok so last night I turned on the bloom chips about 3 hours before lights out still on 18/6 time schedule. Checked on progress this morning and HOLY (Insert expletive of your choice)!!!
If they keep up at this rate I may have less than 4 more weeks to veg.
WW (Debbie) is still a little short but getting super bushy.
420-magazine-mobile1201790138.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2134754725.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1169526159.jpg

Skunk #1 (pepe Le Pew) is starting to explode getting taller and filling out.
420-magazine-mobile1641913176.jpg
420-magazine-mobile695600715.jpg
420-magazine-mobile513999086.jpg

Time to do my happy dance!.

Back
Top Bottom