First Time Grow! by Lebowskii

Speaking of buried clones...

Went out and moved a little dirt around here and there just to see if I could sneak a peak at their progress, and so far, both of them have multiple roots branching out. Hope to see them break the soil ( about an inch worth ) this weekend sometime.

I read the label on that B-1 rooting hormone simulator stuff (what ever it is... ) and it says that you are to water with it for the first 2 weeks of root development or until plant shows bountiful new growth, And THAT was my mistake with the last three clones. Im still surprised I got one clone out of the three. But with 2 watering phases for the new clones so far, they definately might make it :) 3/5?!?!

I gave up waiting on the clones. Dont think they made it... Musta been lucky with one. but eventually Ill have a bubble cloner and it wont matter ;)

Strap in. Your in for a ride. Crank your speakers as well.
YouTube - Lebowskii's Girl's

Here is a good look of the ladies as of yesterday :roorrip: got bored and decided to try out my video update skills :) enjoy, and as always comment away.

QUESTION:

Been thinking a lot about what Im going to do with the plants after harvest. If I want to Regenerate say... 4 or 5 of my 7 babies and just let them veg again/turn into mothers, how will they do? My main concern is winter... Will they die from the cold? It would be cool to keep them until spring... and just grow these gals out again.. but not sure they will make it. Imput is much appriciated :grinjoint:

loving it mate im thinking video may be the way forward and excellent job with the girls man there huge!! joys of growing outdoors keep it up man

Thanks for the lovin maan ;) They sure get big... but maan do they take forever... Im watching these hydro guys busting out two crops in the time its taking my ladies to get done! but.... these are MY ladies so... its ok. Another 2 weeks and Ill have some fruits of my labor :grinjoint:

i hear what your saying about the hydro man ive got 3 clones 2 of them rooted so thing im going to have a blast at it this time round see how it goes lots more to think about than just the soil grow so ive gathered,hey i hear you though there YOUR ladies should be proud of them as i am of mine:grinjoint:

I use the forums to learn and to check out others and learn from their setups (as well as give me ideas for a personal future setup.

I love my girls like they are my children ;)

And I took my first clone as well (shown at the very end of the movie) congrats on your clones as well :)

Hello L! Read your post over at my place about regenerating your stuff so I read the journal from the beginning (well I did skip a few pages in between). Nice first grow buddy and great buddage!

Concerning the regeneration, not sure were your at, but it really doesn't make a difference. When you regenerate, you are essentially regrowing the plant from the beginning. You will need as much light/sunlight as possible and the important thing is you must have 'more' sunlight than what you had in the flower stage. If you were to move them indoors this is possible, outdoors not in the winter months since you do not have more light, you have less. In my case, I grew my first generation indoors and after harvest I put her outside in late spring, the hours of sunlight, while not like mid summer, was more than the 12 hours they were used to indoors in flower. Along with the added daylight hours, you would use only veg ferts like FF Grow Big for instance. So outdoor regen for you would be a 'no go'. Indoor, yes.

Thought I'd better at least give a minor update to celebrate another week down!

DSC02968.JPG

Here is a shot of kandy's lower to mid section. Check out all those buds mmmmmmmm.

Here is the Kushage that has grown taller then the adjacent shed, and is damn near touching the top of the 8ft enclosure :smokin:

Rediculously_tall_Kushage.JPG

And finally, just to keep everyone updated on the clone... Here is my baby trainwreck! ;) Open to name suggestions... still not sure what to call her/it... (if i get a male... he will be officially my first indoor project plant. Seeds wouldnt be the worst thing in the world :) )

Baby_Trainwreck.JPG

:grinjoint: stay classy folks.

Things are looking good...What is up with Kandy, it looks like she has water leaves coming off of the colas. It also appears some leaves have no edges, they are perfectly round. Is this genetics?

Thanks for stopping in LotzOfTrycs :)

What I THINK happend is...I rotated Kandy almost 180 degrees because I could only prune and trim effectively on one side of her because the trainwreck and the G-13 are in the way. All those little funky leaves you can see in the picture (for the most part) are older leaves I havent been cropping off (the reason I rotated her to begin with...) THAT AND she was growing lopsided. Thought I would give her the last few weeks of sun on the other side of the plant.

The older leaves on her are remnants of my last booboo. I had Fox Farm's "Grow Big" and "Big Bloom" but no "Tiger Bloom", and kandy started flowering, and because I kept giving her grow big and big bloom for about a week into flowering some of her leaves got messed up/deformed and about half of her stems on her leaves were growing in a cresant...half moon shape. Round on the bottom, flat on the tops.

Moral of the story, feed your plants the right nutrients or else. :bongrip:

Good eye brotha ;)

I came in to check your pictures, Wow there are getting tall and very healthy .I think these will give you more then you need.

I think I found a way for you to do indoor or help build an indoor room.
I am a framer and was looking at the board they use for the intake which is Mylar coated and they come in 2x4 and 4x8 sheets 4 of these and a little duct tape down the corners and you got a grow room. I just built one for buddy of mine and we used a stand-up ottoman like a tall dresser with swinging doors and used this board on the inside walls and inside top. reason we used this board because it is fire rated, or you can even go cheaper and get them emergency blankets ,the silvery ones they are Mylar .The blankets come in 4x8 and 3$ a pop. Go to a yard sale and look for a tall dresser roughly 4X3 this is what we did and we got one for 50$. All together it cost him about 80$ minus the lights.
It sits in his bed room you don't even know it is a grow room until a fan comes on. Here is a cheap way to make an order eater. Take a wool sock and fill it with fish tank charcoal and have it on the inside of your room with a 160 cfm fan hooked to it works really good .
we used 6 100 watt CFL's 3 warm and 3 cool these cost us 40$ pack of 3 and his plants did really good they are about a week late compared to mine, but what's a week .That is why I want to try my T5's way cheaper to maintain on bulbs and power.

Genious. I have a small shed that isnt being used for anything (litterally has some of those cheap plastic chairs and a plastic table just rotting in there... and I was thinking of doing something similar to what your talking about. I would have to clean out the shed, spray it down with bleach and water...set off a bug bomb or two... THEN thats when I would start work constructing my grow area...

If I determine the shed will be useable... I would put the mylar sheeting your talking about all over the inside walls of the shed ( its actually a former chicken coop...) so id have to have something on the walls to insulate it a bit... and there is already a hole in one wall which would be my air intake spot. Ill toss some photos up this week sometime and get some feedback on whether or not it would work.

Once it is cleaned out... THEN id worry about my lights. Thinking Ill just get a couple good sized CFL's for low heat and low power cost ;)

Contemplating going SUPER crazy and setting up a hydro grow op just to try out some bubbles and see how I like it... who knows :)

Where do you get the mylar sheeting and how much will it run me?

Back
Top Bottom