First Time Grower - Strain - White Dwarf

No, I had them at 20/4 :s I think I may have made her panic when moving her from the small pot to a big pot or the growth was stunted, but doesn't matter, she smoked bloody well! :) & I have like a dozen more seeds to keep practising with, I can only get better( I hope) haha.
With my 3 new babies I have them on a schedule of 18/6.
and another thing that must have been the world's smallest budded mary-j plant! haha

Hi Jimmy, yeah true, call Guiness Books n see what the record is! lol.. But yeah not sure what would have turned her to flower so quikly, they arent auto flower seeds are they? Maybe youre lights are the prob if youre using cfl's get 6500K ones for veg, then 2500k for flower or a combo of 2 - 6500k's and 2- 2500k's.. Im vegging 20/4 atm.. thats my usual time for month or so then down to 18/4 then switch to 12/12 for flower. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

hi mate, yep im a fellow brit, we are few and far between on here mate, my compost is just cheap stuff but it seems to work really well, its john innes or how ever it is, i got my compost at £1 per bag so a bargain and it works wonders,

if you ever want cheap seeds with next day delivery go and check out herbies head shop, if you go on the site and then look down the right hand side of the page and click on pick and mix, then when that page opens look down the left hand side and choose the price and choose below £20, then it lists the seeds in price order, starting from just over £1 for 1 seed, the good side to all this is herbies will send out 3 free seeds, even if you only spend £1.24 on the special kush then herbie will send you 2 x big bud#2 regular seeds, so could be male or female, but then the other free seed you get will either be a femenised seed or an auto fem, the delivery is next day as long as you order early enough, i have not had any not germinate so thats always good, a great place to buy seeds from.

the lighting schedule im using is called the GLR method, basically what it does is tricks the plant into starting its stretch as it would under 12-12 but you stop it flowering by giving it 1hours light during the 12 hour dark period, this makes the plants grow really quick but stops them flowering, this also makes them start flower quicker when you flip the lights to 12-12 for flower.

so my lighting schedule is like this
12 hours on.
5.5 hours off
1 hour on
5.5 off,
then start again, it dont seem to work as well with seedlings but my clones are growing quicker than anything i have seen, so im using glr for the whole of the veg cycle.

its good to see another brit on here, its good we have got somewhere where we can discuss what we are doing, feel free to drop me a msg anytime, im in the midlands mate, we just got crazy stormy weather and flooded everywhere, the rain we had the other day was just crazy, one old bloke who got caught in it said he thought it was the end of the world, thats how bad it was, i never seen anything like it, not even when i was in a storm abroad, this was like nothing i had seen, in 1 hour we had a months worth of rain, drains where flooded, roads where ripped up as the pipes under ground exploded with the water, it was some crazy weather, and worse thing is i have got some outdoor plants growing, a guerrilla grow, i have not checked on them in a few weeks, i would of checked if we had no rain but as its been wet i have just left them to it, but if they survived that storm ill be very suprised, ill check them when the ground dry's up as i have to work across boggy type land to get their, and if another dog walker seen me walking or should i say wading through knee deep mud then they might wonder why im going over that way so i need to wait till its dry, it must be 4 weeks since i planted the clones out doors, i did check on them a week after i planted them and the one looked like it had been topped, possibly rabbits so i fitted a mesh cage around it and the other was ok and growing better i also fitted a cage round that, but if they survived that storm then these plants will survive anything.

oh That GLR method sounds pretty good, would that do any harm to my plants if I would to change the schedule like that or not?
Well I was going to use everyone does it and buy Wonder Woman and Twilight, but I think I shall do that another time as I last night ordered some seeds from that herbies head shop like you mentioned - I chose Skunk haze which is coming with Chronic Fruity Juice fem seed and x2 reg Big Bud, I think I may have ordered a White Rhino seed as well( I can't remember now! :s ).
Yea I heard about that weather up there, pretty mad stuff man! I'm in the South in Hampshire.
Wow Guerilla growing? That's cool man I wish I had somewhere I could do that but they would just get found! Let me know how they're going though man, It would be cool to see some pics if they survived the weather!
and cheers for letting me know about Herbies head shop, it seems like a really good site to get seeds :)

hi mate, i used to live down the isle of wight for a while, thats a crazy laid back place, mostly run by the freemasons, if you look above most of the doors of the shops you will see the freemasons symbol, pretty crazy place, lots of military action down their as well up the downs,

ive not had chance to check the out door plants yet, just waiting for the ground to dry up, probably tomorrow some time,

im also growing that fruity juice as i got that last time i ordered so i got that growing at the minute, its still in seedling stage and on its 4th set of leaves, looks like a decent plant, no funny shaped leaves so looks like stable strain so should be a good plant to grow.

i always use herbies due to the free offer, and if you spend above a certain amount you get even more free seeds, i always get mine the next day if i order early enough, but as its the weekend it could take a day longer, depending on when you ordered, they will send an email when its been posted then you ill get it the next day, all my seeds from their have sprouted and grown so all good seeds, all the fem seeds turned out fem as well so i think its a great site to buy from,

my outdoor plants are pretty hidden but people walk their dogs close to where it is so i dont want to go walking over this field when the ground is wet as people may wonder why im walking over wet ground and check where i went, when its dry ill be ok to go over and have a look, i managed to find somewhere hard to get to thats out the way and people wouldnt go their without a reason, so just got to make sure im not seen, all been well their still growing, but it wont be a huge loss if they have gone because i only planted them out to get my plant numbers down, i had to many clones and seedlings so needed to get rid of some so planted them out doors where i walk the dog.

GLR is pretty good, im not sure it works so well on seedlings though, but other growers swear by it, my clones are loving it and growing like crazy, it would be ok to switch if you wanted to but only do it if your sure you can maintain the schedule, i use a analogue timer but it has crapped out on my once so got another, i just set it to be on for 12 hours, then off for 5.5 hours then on for 1 hour and off for 5.5 then it starts again, it does work well, some growers have found that some plants will start to flower under glr but i managed to reveg plants under it, so they went from flower to veg under glr, so none of mine are in flower, it also makes the plants flower quicker when you flip the lights to 12-12, some growers say it works the best but others say 24-0 works best,

um thats a male plant bro in the last picture those will not get u high and will ruin chances of and non seeded females in the future if u keep it in the grow area get rid of it as fast as u can... good luck

i just read back through page 1 and im pretty sure the plant that flowered was an auto, did you buy the seeds or get them in some bud you bought, no normal regular or femenised plant would flower at all that early unless it was an auto, even if you had it under 12-12 from seed it would of got bigger than that, when i went 12-12 from seed my plants made it 1ft tall, but as you say it was a dwarf then chances are it was something like, g13 poisen dwarf auto, or something along them lines, myself id say either the seeds got mixed up and you ended up with an auto, or you got it in some bud you bought, some autos only yield 1/16th but their are journals on here that have given 4.5oz, my first auto i got 20g off it, but the 2nd auto i have got growing should give me double that as its twice the size, so hoping for an oz off that auto.

if you are planning on growing again after this grow then id take clones, my clones seem to be growing 10 times quicker than the mothers did so clones are the way to go as long as you like the strain you are growing.

did you say what nutrients your using, you will need some for the veg stage and some for the flower stage, without nutrients the plants will quickly use up all the nutes in the soil then start to look a lighter shade of green which is a sign the plant needs some nutes

haha Freemasons?? that's mad I didn't know that! Must have been nice to have lived there though? and military action? was that for training purposes then?
Yea I think I may start using Herbies in the future! and as for the GLR method I think I shall try that one out another time :)

Well a friend of a friend gave me like 30 seeds for free and said they are White Dwarf, but all I've seen of White Dwarf on the internet is that they only come Auto so my seeds must be exactly that, and the fellah said that I could get 3-5oz per a plant but from what I've read auto's don't normally go over 1oz.

As far as nutrients go the John Innes compost I bought has up to 6months worth of feed, and also I'm not really sure which nutes to go for

i was shocked as well about the isle of wight, been controlled by freemasons for years, the military have some sort of equipment their else they wouldnt be their, when you go to a certain point of the island the sat nav stops working and a message comes on the screen saying illegal action, it just gets crazy down their, also loads of old military basis and stuff like that due to where it is, but up the downs their is still army up their, armed and patrolling the area where under ground buildings are, a lot have been explored the older ones and some vids on line about these places, a site called 28 days later covers most the country and they explore loads of places, you just type where you want to search in the search box, i was suprised that where i live their is mad places to explore.

i have seen journals producing less than 1/8th per auto and upto 4oz per auto, so it can be done, now autos will flower under any light schedule as they flower due to age and not light cycle, they may grow best under 24-0 schedule or 24 hours constant light from start to finish, this may get the best results, others say autos need some dark to flower, so if thats the case then you could put them under 24-0 for a couple of weeks then lower the lights to say 20-4 to flower them off, they dont need 12-12 to flower so will flower under anything.

i got around 20g off my 1 auto but this other should give me more, im probably not getting the best from it as its under glr with my other vegging plants, so i may get more if it was under 24-0 or 20-4 but i dont have the lights to do that so its under glr and flowering, it seems to be going ok, and its flowering really quick as well,

as for nutrients, your plants will need nutrients, my plants show they need signs pretty early on and they are also in john innes compost, a grower on this site paid for my nutes and i was lucky enough to get blue planet nutrients from the usa, its like steroid for plants they seem to lover it.

places like b&q and garden centers, wilkinsons will sell nutrients, if you use your search engine and search for what nutrients to use for cannabis then hit search it will tell you more than i can, but basically you need something for the veg stage and something for the flower stage,

nutrients are rated on the back of the packet as NPK this will be in the ingredients and it will break down whats in it, but for veg you need something high in N and lower in P and K, and for flower you want something with none to very little N in it and more P and K in it,

most garden centers will sell 2 part feeds, 1 for veg and 1 for flower, make sure its for edible food and not for rosies, so tomato feed is good to use,

so for example you need something like N=5 P=0 K=1 for veg, or anything that has a higher N than P and K
for flower you will need something that has little to no N as N is for leaf growth so this is not needed so much in flower, but you need something that is higher in P and K, so for example N=0 P=5 K=4 is needed for flower.
you can get some miracle grow all in 1 feed but i used it in the past and it gave me ok results, i would not use it now how ever but if its all you can get then id go with that,

your plants will usually take nutrients after a couple of weeks of growth from seed, not giving nutrients will slow the plant down loads.
have a look on your compost pack and see if it gives you the NPK rating, chances are it dont and it just says contains john innes, this basically is ok for small housplants that require low nutrient uptake, but for these plants we need to add nutes, but what ever nutes you do got make sure you start at 1/4 strength, dont go full strength at the first few feeds,

the reason we change from a high N in veg to a low or none at all N in flower is to stop the plant throwing out loads of leaf during flower, this makes the bud leafy so getting the nutes right is worth doing, their are also hydro shops around that will sell what you need, if i never got BPN products then id have to go to hydro shop or use what i could get from the net or garden places, i wouldnt go with any powder feeds that you add to the soil as these are slow release and could cause problems, either go with a liquid feed that you add to water, or a powder feed that you add to water, i found they work best, and its easier to flush the soil before harvest to stop the bud containing any nutes or salt build up from the soil, it all makes the buds better to smoke.

have a look around the net and you will have a better idea of what you need, i asked a lot when i came on this site and saw how good BPN was working and the results it got, then someone offered to pay and pay for shipping, in all i think it was about $70, so roughly 35 quid, i got enough to last me 3 or 4 grows and thats the small size so a little bit goes a long way. id say if you had cash to spare then go to blue planet nutrients and order the 3 part plus bloom booster, this is 4 bottles of bpn magic, you get a grow, micro, bloom, and bloom booster, you mix then all together before feeding and can be giving everytime you water, their is an online feeding guide to use thats made for these plants and it tells you how much to use for each week of growth, the best part is you can start using bpn as soon as the seedling is growing its first leaves after the round seed leaves, i never had bpn till my plants where in flower last time, i was using baby bio and it was ok but nothing special, as soon as i used bpn my plants went crazy and grew like mad, so this time round im using it from day1 and my plants are growing 10 times quicker than the mothers i got the clones from, 2 of the clones are big enough to go into flower but i got to wait till the other clone and seedling have caught up, so bpn really works well, the bloke who makes it corey only sells it by word of mouth its not in any shops as such, everyone who uses it gets amazing results, but where we are its not that easy to get and you pay more for postage then the nutes themselves, but please trust me if you ever get some spare cash then go for bpn it really will make a huge difference.

but for now id get something for veg and something else for flower, im sure someone will jump in and offer some advice as well, ill have a look around the shops by me and try and get some names for you and this will then give you some idea of what you need to look for, you will need nutrients, these plants drain the soil very quick, its because these plants grow so quick compared to our normal house plants, so nutrients is something everyone use for growing these plants,

That's mental, sounds like something not for the public eyes and ears! So there really is more to that place other than activity centre's and festivals. What if you didn't have a SatNav? lol is there signs about the place for warnings that you're entering a zone for military only?

Well I don't have too much money at the moment but I get paid from work in about 2 weeks time so in the mean time I shall do some research on what I should get. I was thinking about adding additional lighting to my grow room for when the plants get bigger the lower leafs and can get a good amount of lighting too and the whole plant get more lumens in general.
Those bpn nutes sound wicked man. I've noticed quite a lot of people on here use Fox Farms, but like you said I will myself look into it a lot more
and thanks for all the help again man I really appreciate it :thanks:

no probs, the island is crazy place, loads of military installs their, from the war and modern stuff, we done loads of exploring, we watched cars with blacked out windows enter these compounds, seems like a lot of activity their, lots of underground bunkers and underground buildings, some a massive with whole buildings been underground, ive not been back for a few years but i take the kids down, my mom and sister go down once a year as i have family down their so they go trecking to all these places, their are also villages that are just deserted, still got shopping in the cupboard and cars in the garages, the land started to slip in the sea so people left everything, they got cars their and kids toys in the gardens, it looks as if they just left everything and left over night sort of thing, their are loads of places like this around the country, just go to 28 days later and enter isle of wight in the search or even search where you live, im sure you will find many places near you that have places to explore, some more dangerous than others, some you can only do at night so your not seen, i love exploring places like that,

id have a good look at the nutes, fox farms is also a good choice, most the growers i speak to on here use blue planet nutrients or fox farms, blue planet nutrients are about the cheapest you can buy and seem to work the best, id go for the 3part plus bloom booster from bpn if you was going to go down the bpn route, it gets great results and their is a feeding schedule you can use from day1 so you dont need to use it at half strength as it tells you what doses of each to give, corey the bloke who makes it does a great job and always willing to help so drop him an email if you have any questions, i wont use anything else now, the problem for me is the delivery, but i like the results so its worth paying the extra i think, but their are others you can use that will work, i just think bpn is the best out their, looking at all the journals using bpn it sells itself sort of thing.

more lights always helps, keep the temps in check though aim for roughly 78 or slightly above, dont over water is the main thing, i did and it badly slowed growth, now i know how much to water my plants are growing like crazy, but you learn as you go along so the more you grow the more you will learn and then the better each grow will be

Sounds like the Illuminati's NWO in action! :s lol I was really trippin' balls last night(I was very very stoned) when I was reading your message about the Isle of Wight! lol I'm definitely going to look into that!

Okay cool man if you say bpn, then bpn I shall go for. Just nipped on your grow journal and your grow looks bloody great!!
It will be really cool to see how your Juicy Fruity grows so I can have an idea for when I grow mine, I not going to plant it until I get more lights and get myself some nutes, but I will be watching your journal ever so closely to get more info

Ah my seeds have arrived now! :D
x2 reg Skunk Haze, x2 reg Big Bud#2 and x1 Fem Fruity Chronic Juice

I think what I will do this week is buy more compost and plant one seed of Big Bud#2.
and possibly get some babybio for just the mean time unless I can pick something else up that would be better in a garden centre(depending if I have enough cash) just until I get paid from work

Hello Jimmy and Don

this post has caught my eye as i too am a first time Hampshire cupboard grower and am too growing a white dwarf and a lowryder #2 (which really dont look good but ill explain another time, maybe ill start a journal). Nice to here some British stories.

also from Dons recommendation am using Herbies for future seeds so thanks Don.

Got a question, 350w full spectrum CFL's......too much for 2 plants? or can you never have enough?

Thanks

Hey oatbakes :welcome: ,
Yea man start a journal, would be interesting to see how they're doing and getting advice if you need any you'll get on this site.
As far as I am aware 350w cfl seems to be quite ideal for 2 plants, I currently have three on the go and I'm using a 250w cfl and am seeing into getting a couple more lights for my cupboard, I'm thinking of getting two 105w cfl so I would have them two plus the 250w on the go, not quite sure if that is too much wattage but as the plants get bigger they will need more light around it.
Always nice to see another British fellah on here :thumb:

Yea I'm still here amigo, I just haven't been on my computer for a while lol
But here's an update...not quite sure how many weeks old they are it slipped my mind but it may be around 3/4 weeks old now

IMAG03619.jpg
IMAG03657.jpg
IMAG03648.jpg
IMAG03636.jpg

This is my BigBud#2 which I received free from Herbies head shop. The seeds were regular, so fingers cross it turns out female!!
IMAG036711.jpg
IMAG036612.jpg
IMAG03688.jpg

hi jimmy, is that top plant an auto as its well in flower, if its not auto then what lighting schedule are you using, that top plant is in full flower mate, let me know, you wont get much off it if it is in flower at that stage,

Yea it's an auto, I've got my lighting schedule on 18 hours light and 6 dark, my main focus is the BigBud#2 & the seeds I have purchased from Herbies. I haven't planted them all yet but I will do in stages as I am limited on room. So as soon as these four plants are done I'm going to start a new journal with the purchased seeds.
I also have purchased some nutrients from Corey, I hope they'll arrive soon!! :)

Back
Top Bottom