Floraflex system

tonythc

Good morning, Unsure if this is the right place to ask this or not but here goes.Been doing some research on the Floraflex system and use coco as my medium. Does anyone use this and if so,,,,,,,, any negative or positive comments would be appreciated. I have grown indoors in soil for years and now ready to step outside my comfort zone. Been reading some comments from others sources but I will always come back to the 420 forums to get first hand knowledge. Thank you in advance.Peace

Well I have used them and I don't think I will again but nothing to bad.

I ran 6 of them with the plastic 6" square feeder tops in 8L round pots and fit quite well, their okay however I like to have all my ground watered but in order to do this I'd have had to buy round feeders and cut them so their sizing is not for everyone.

As for pipework and the distribution heads it's far cheaper to buy a length of pipe and fittings that have 13-6mm outlets to feed 4-6 plants.

Their plant feed is all I'd buy from them as its becoming very popular.

Edited, I would try find a circular dripper that hangs above the pot these are very good for feeding the root mass fairly, I know how you feel about bending and feeding them it's really hard for me too that's why I'm thinking of going back so it's only a 1-3 day feed.

If you want to try hydro just dive into the deep end and look into rdwc :laugh: I love it but still grow in soil at same time as solid media. Just start cheap tho and see if you like it, I tried dwc once a few years ago and it was so much fun as something "new" to me

I agree ,,I love soil too,,,,,,,, but at my age it’s getting harder to move big pots around and mixing nutes is just getting to be a pain in my ass.
That is exactly why no more containers for me outdoors even on carts. I am in the ground from here on out.And indoors i am only growing in small containers for no more than ten weeks. Clones two weeks veg then flip for 8.Until i need to germinate again.:green_heart::snowboating:

I agree ,,I love soil too,,,,,,,, but at my age it’s getting harder to move big pots around and mixing nutes is just getting to be a pain in my ass.
this is why I like rdwc I don't lift plants anymore unless I want to see some roots, however still have to mix nutes and it adds the extra work of worrying about ph and stuff so it can still be hard but not on the muscles

DWC sucks because you have to check on each pot individually and it is a major drag plus a water change can take a full day on 12 buckets, RDWC is amazing cause I can just mix my nutes in one big tank then pump all 12 buckets into the drain and pump the nutes into the system in one fell swoop (I use 5 not 12)

My RDWC is 10x easier then my soil plants

I ran a 200 gallon 12 plant DWC that yielded over 6 pounds but it was such a pain in the ass and never got them completely healthy even though everything was right.And the light bill was sick with four 1000 watts hps running for ten weeks.Never mind pumps water cooler air conditioner and fans.Never again!
I run 3-4 plants at the time with around 1/4-1/2 pd per plant. My setup will be minimal compared to big grow rooms. I grew outdoors for 30 years and with the world becoming more and more populated ,,,,,,, I just cut my losses and went in doors. Now instead of quantity,,, I am focusing more on quality and my back.;)

So,,,,, Today makes day 36 days growing in FF Coco Loco. I am going to finish using the FF nutes that I have on hand and then switch over to FloraFlex. As soon as these girls are done I am going to install The Bucket Company 3 gal planters Drain to waste.It’s definitely been a learning curve , but I can honestly say good bye to soil. The growth is explosive. Everyday the growth is so noticeable.Here is a couple of pics

A938AC74-BE72-4CA8-90F1-6917651804AC.jpeg

81FD1836-C114-4136-B77F-3C5AA7AA6657.jpeg

48706250-0008-4773-92ED-09B5B206728A.jpeg

So,,,,, Today makes day 36 days growing in FF Coco Loco. I am going to finish using the FF nutes that I have on hand and then switch over to FloraFlex. As soon as these girls are done I am going to install The Bucket Company 3 gal planters Drain to waste.It’s definitely been a learning curve , but I can honestly say good bye to soil. The growth is explosive. Everyday the growth is so noticeable.Here is a couple of pics

A938AC74-BE72-4CA8-90F1-6917651804AC.jpeg

81FD1836-C114-4136-B77F-3C5AA7AA6657.jpeg

48706250-0008-4773-92ED-09B5B206728A.jpeg
I can only imagine what they would look like if I could feed more than once a day.

Movin up in the game. Hell yeah bro stoked to see what you hook up next time. You going to do a full floraflex drip feed or somethin?
Thanks Cannabomb62, I’m going with the Bucket company automated watering system.Sure will be nice not having to mix nutes everyday and hand water. I’m trying to slowly move towards automation due to my age.

Thanks Cannabomb62, I’m going with the Bucket company automated watering system.Sure will be nice not having to mix nutes everyday and hand water. I’m trying to slowly move towards automation due to my age.
Dope man the bucket company is good. I love seeing people mis floraflex and the bucket company. I was looking into them too but kinda wanted to try floraflexs new auto drain system. Pretty dope.

Hey @tonythc I thought I would post a pic of The Bucket Company set up...I’m coming to the end of my first round with the 3 gallon planters...so far so good! The run-off pump is a must for ease of application! It’s a pretty slick system for sure, I am away from home a lot...with this set up, It makes it much easier! There’s 4 in a 4x4 to start, I’m down to 3...

1A1E8CC1-CC41-4FE2-AE9D-ED6C7207F987.jpeg

54C90D00-4CBD-4606-BA62-EDDB011E7274.jpeg

5260CBD0-ED34-4BE1-B9BA-93E29EB8F9E3.jpeg

Looks awesome man! I got 7 weeks before I start assembling my kit. Running some reservoir lines tonight.Your setup looks clean asf

Back
Top Bottom