Fluxing 4 x Night Queen - 2 Indoors/2 Outdoors For Comparison - Spring/Summer 2015

Re: Fluxing 4 x Night Queen - 2 Indoors/2 Outdoors For Comparison - Spring/Summer 201

good job mate , outdoors is no fun :)

ill get my pictures up today of my outdoor ones the skunk haze is looking very sad , i might have to sacrifice them to save the one good plant
they must be more sativa , taken far too long to flower and i cant see them making it

It's a real downer when they get mould outdoors. That's why I only grow in the greenhouse outdoors but this year is my last year outdoors anyway. I think that it's not worth the effort outdoors here. It just creates more work on top of looking after indoor plants.

Re: Fluxing 4 x Night Queen - 2 Indoors/2 Outdoors For Comparison - Spring/Summer 201

All caught up again and interesting to hear what you thought regarding the fabric pots. I've just bought a 20 gallon fabric pot myself which I was going to transplant an Incredible Bulk into but I might have to scratch that idea and get something maybe half the size now, or do you think this problem is specific to fluxing?

Great to see the night queens looking so good and that home made swick type pot the plant looks well happy in. All the best :thumb:

Kriaze your pot will be okay if you are happy to water everyday and maybe twice a day. I was used to watering every other day which was not enough. The ideal scenario would be to water once then water again an hour or so afterwards. When the soil is dry inside, the first watering will be directed along the damp areas and the dry bits just get slightly wet. The second watering will enable the slightly wet bits to absorb more water.

You see this working on dry compost. When you first water it the water seems to float on top until the compost gets damp, the next watering goes straight in without problems. The same effect occurs inside the pot too.

One of my Fluxes had this seedling hidden amongst its growth :cheesygrinsmiley:

20150909_135251.jpg

For Kriaze

I keep my flowering tent at 40% RH and have not had any mould problems whatsoever no matter how close the plants are to each other.

It needs emptying every day.

It cost me £150.

See next post for details.

Hey Medfarmer thanks for the info. I thought it may have been an AC and wondered what your thoughts on them were as I'm really struggling with heat here. I don't seem to struggle much with humidity, probably due to the fact that my temps are so high but once I find a way to fix it (if ever) then I might need to look into a dehumidifier. Cheers for taking the time to respond, you're a gent :thumb:

Hey Medfarmer thanks for the info. I thought it may have been an AC and wondered what your thoughts on them were as I'm really struggling with heat here. I don't seem to struggle much with humidity, probably due to the fact that my temps are so high but once I find a way to fix it (if ever) then I might need to look into a dehumidifier. Cheers for taking the time to respond, you're a gent :thumb:

Your welcome my friend. Do you have an extractor in your room? If you do have an extractor what about getting a ventilated light? Could you change the lighting regime a bit. If flowering then have the light on at night. If only vegging then have the light off for 4 hours during the hottest part of the day and save some electricity too.

I've currently got a 6" (530ish cm/3) fan extracting through the vent in my wall with a 5" cheapo inline fan pulling air in to the tent. I think it's more a case of the fact that my missus is a dinosaur and needs a steady 25C temp in the house so she doesn't die out lol. I thought about switching the lighting times to run through the night but where I am we have a helicopter flying above at least once a night so I worry about them spotting the light/heat whatever it is they do that catches growers out. I wanted an AC but the wife talked me out of it when we worked out that they cost around £20 a week to run, it's just too much of an electricity bump for me to justify considering how much I get from my grows, although I still prefer growing my own to buying it in (which at the minute would work out cheaper) due to knowing that it's at least going to be a nice smoke.

I guess it's just a case of trying to battle these temps until winter kicks in. Maybe I'll just do big grows over the winter and cut out in the summer. Thanks again for the info. All the best :thumb:

that one has a large split on the stem , right up the middle , it did ok for a while but now it seems to be dying off

That's a bummer :(

I've currently got a 6" (530ish cm/3) fan extracting through the vent in my wall with a 5" cheapo inline fan pulling air in to the tent. I think it's more a case of the fact that my missus is a dinosaur and needs a steady 25C temp in the house so she doesn't die out lol. I thought about switching the lighting times to run through the night but where I am we have a helicopter flying above at least once a night so I worry about them spotting the light/heat whatever it is they do that catches growers out. I wanted an AC but the wife talked me out of it when we worked out that they cost around £20 a week to run, it's just too much of an electricity bump for me to justify considering how much I get from my grows, although I still prefer growing my own to buying it in (which at the minute would work out cheaper) due to knowing that it's at least going to be a nice smoke.

I guess it's just a case of trying to battle these temps until winter kicks in. Maybe I'll just do big grows over the winter and cut out in the summer. Thanks again for the info. All the best :thumb:

Why not add a filter and then pump the heat into the house and turn the heating off? That way you and your dinosaur benefit :cheesygrinsmiley: You could bring cooler air in from outside. At least you won't have a suspicious heat signature coming from the house.

That sounds like a plan it's just that the vent is high up on the wall so it would be a bit of a battle to keep the temps down by dragging the air through from the top then trying to vent from the bottom to keep air circulation going. I'm thinking of making a video of my setup so that people have a better idea of what I've got. I just need to work out how to upload videos anonymously. The things we do for a bit of the medicine eh? lol. All the best :thumb:

That sounds like a plan it's just that the vent is high up on the wall so it would be a bit of a battle to keep the temps down by dragging the air through from the top then trying to vent from the bottom to keep air circulation going. I'm thinking of making a video of my setup so that people have a better idea of what I've got. I just need to work out how to upload videos anonymously. The things we do for a bit of the medicine eh? lol. All the best :thumb:

As long as your bigger fan is at the bottom the air will flow downwards because the greater pull is downwards. it just means the hotter air will pass your plants which could be too much for them depending on what heat is coming from the light. If you set some ducting and create a 'Y' in the ducting you could have one branch down on the floor to pull air through the plants and the other part of the 'Y' could be hung alongside the light to extract the heat. The majority of the heat will get pulled out so the plants won't get scorched. You can buy 'Y' junctions for ducting. Just an idea.

Or just set your current ducting next to the light to get most of the heat straight out.

Hard times for the outdoor UK growers it would seem... any of you tried a mold resistant strain like Holland's Hope or an auto finishing flowering earlier? Those are my two ideas for next years outdoor grow and when I decide which way to go I'll practice with the strain(s) indoors over winter.

Hard times for the outdoor UK growers it would seem... any of you tried a mold resistant strain like Holland's Hope or an auto finishing flowering earlier? Those are my two ideas for next years outdoor grow and when I decide which way to go I'll practice with the strain(s) indoors over winter.

I've had 3 disappointing years on the trot outside scousemouse. That's disappointing compared to indoor grows. I have had some nice harvests outdoors in the greenhouse but when you compare like-for-like with an indoor grow there is no comparison. For me, outdoors is a dangerous way of creating more work for less payback.

I hope you can find a good strain and make it work my friend.

Back
Top Bottom