Fluxing 4 x Night Queen - 2 Indoors/2 Outdoors For Comparison - Spring/Summer 2015

Re: Fluxing 4 x Night Queen - 2 Indoors/2 Outdoors For Comparison - Spring/Summer 201

Aww mate!! How they get all fluxed up??
Well once Im done with my big run ill be setting up a perpetual flux myself. So if we put our heads together we can start around the same point and flux it up proper! Ill be going back to my old solid pots for proper training, or go our fluxed pot way :)
Anyway hopefully this aint put you off, we will get you fluxin it up perfect next run :)

Re: Fluxing 4 x Night Queen - 2 Indoors/2 Outdoors For Comparison - Spring/Summer 201

Yeah mate that would be good. I feel I let the Fluxers down here. I've just popped my head in the tent and another branch looks like it has died. I'm going to put these 2 out in the greenhouse to finish off so I can better use the tent space.

I've got a spare 90 Litre Utility Tank (48cm(W) x 80cm(L) x 32cm(H)) that I would like to use for a Flux. What do you reckon. It's nice and long so we could get plenty of arms although the arms would need to be slowed right down to enable the ends to spread out. As I understand it now, the arms should be left straight and not twisted around to fill the middle. Is this right?

Let me know what you think mate.

Such a shame to see that buddy. :(

Just a thought... did you loosen the tie at the branch a little as she grew? I've noticed when I flip my girls to flower, the tie tightens at the branch. I guess over a long veg period it could tighten enough to reduce the flow of fluids through the branch. Possibly enough that the branch can't support itself and dies...

shit mate just seen this bad news man , maybe the strains ? ... feck that is a disappointment , , you let no one down mate , the plants let you down , as you say take it on the chin , brush your self down and come back fighting :)

Sorry to see ur troubles mate.but ur attitude is spot on.mistakes let downs good plants bad plants.it all makes u a better grower and to not give up shows u have love for ur girls fair play mate respect. im sure they thank u with some nice bud;) have good day:)

Just a thought... did you loosen the tie at the branch a little as she grew? I've noticed when I flip my girls to flower, the tie tightens at the branch. I guess over a long veg period it could tighten enough to reduce the flow of fluids through the branch. Possibly enough that the branch can't support itself and dies...
nice observation mono good lad;)

Aw MF, sorry to hear of the dead branches... I've actually had a few of those myself lately. Could any mold have grown around the stems/possibly grown into their core? I've lost a couple branches like that. I also saw a plant a while ago die off slowly one branch at a time from root/possible pest problems. Another recently had root rot. Like everyone's saying, these things happen, time to keep going and do better next time though :love:

There was no restriction mate, I think it was down to the pot being a t drier than what I thought. I only realised when I went to moe them out of the room. On previous fabric pot grows I always used to drop the pot into a big tub of water every so often to prevent dry spots but these were way too heavy for that. I shall not be using pots that size again I don't think.

Thanks for all the kind words my cyber buddies :cheesygrinsmiley:

I realised as mentioned in the post above that the pots were a lot drier than I thought and it leads me to believe that's where the problem lay.

Anyway, all 4 girls are in the greenhouse and have just been left to get on with it.

The 2 from inside

20150821_184634.jpg

The 2 that have always been outside

20150821_184641.jpg

And the little girl that was testing the organic soil in a fabric pot on SWICKING perlite with an airstone at the bottom

20150821_184659.jpg

Looking good bud!

Does the swicking system require an air stone? Or is it an optional extra?

It was just an optional extra. Me & LA were just discussing the system and I decided to put it together. I added the stone as the roots would probably come out of the bottom of the pot so I figured aerating the water would stop them dying off. Let's call it an air-pruning SWICK DWC :cheesygrinsmiley:

Damn fine work it be too :)
I think ill convert a few of my old oxygen pot buckets into the same thing. Although I say that and ive still got to run my alien hydro system and then an autopot one as well lol. There aint enough bloody hours in the day!! Mind you, Ive got two big fluxes all readý to rock , so aIr pruning swick buckets may be a go! :)
Oh and my friend, Im probs 4-5 days off topping my baby girl for the video fluxing :)

Damn fine work it be too :)
I think ill convert a few of my old oxygen pot buckets into the same thing. Although I say that and ive still got to run my alien hydro system and then an autopot one as well lol. There aint enough bloody hours in the day!! Mind you, Ive got two big fluxes all readý to rock , so aIr pruning swick buckets may be a go! :)
Oh and my friend, Im probs 4-5 days off topping my baby girl for the video fluxing :)

I have 2 seedlings a bit behind yours but that's better so I can follow rather than keep waiting. Thanks LA.

good job mate , outdoors is no fun :)

ill get my pictures up today of my outdoor ones the skunk haze is looking very sad , i might have to sacrifice them to save the one good plant
they must be more sativa , taken far too long to flower and i cant see them making it

Back
Top Bottom