GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

The new trick girls are looking really fine GDB, healthy and green. Looking forward to how the outdoor one in your mate's garden goes.
Thanks so much Stunger! :thanks:

Hello all.

It's Day 25 for the Phase II little ones and they're going into 3 gallon pots!

Well, that was yesterday's "plan" anyway. I got a little behind schedule though, and before I knew it the NBA playoffs were about to come on. So I got one plant transplanted before suspending operations due to must-see TV. šŸ€

I started out with the Fat Kid's Cake#1 because she is the tallest of the three:
FKC1 4-24-24 D24 transplant day.jpg

She was ready:
FKC1 4-24-24 roots pre-transplant.jpg

Pop prep was simple and straight forward. I used about 2/3 old soil (FFOF, Happy Frog, Lush), I cup of earth worm castings, 1/3 perlite and some soil conditioner. Mix that all together in a bucket, wet it and let it sit for a few days.

After she was done there was a ray of sunshine coming through my back porch window so I let her sit in it for a while, just because!
FKC1 4-24-24 up-potted.jpg

I'll get to the other two plants this morning. I sense a bit of jealousy in the tent.
NT P2 4-24-24 D24 tent labeled.jpg

---------------------------------

The exiled Cosmic Lights looks a little better but is still not quite right on her Day 65. I gave her some water about 3 days ago. This morning was the first time that I could tell by lifting her pot that she had actually consumed some of it. She's drinking really slowly.

CL 04-25--24 D65.jpg

--------------------------------------

Finally, here's a pic of the Phase I girls on their Flip 25 just because I happened to have one handy! ;)

NT 4-25-24 F25 tent.jpg

As always, thanks for stopping by!

PEACE

Hello all.

It's Day 25 for the Phase II little ones and they're going into 3 gallon pots!

Well, that was yesterday's "plan" anyway. I got a little behind schedule though, and before I knew it the NBA playoffs were about to come on. So I got one plant transplanted before suspending operations due to must-see TV. šŸ€

I started out with the Fat Kid's Cake#1 because she is the tallest of the three:
FKC1 4-24-24 D24 transplant day.jpg

She was ready:
FKC1 4-24-24 roots pre-transplant.jpg

Pop prep was simple and straight forward. I used about 2/3 old soil (FFOF, Happy Frog, Lush), I cup of earth worm castings, 1/3 perlite and some soil conditioner. Mix that all together in a bucket, wet it and let it sit for a few days.

After she was done there was a ray of sunshine coming through my back porch window so I let her sit in it for a while, just because!
FKC1 4-24-24 up-potted.jpg

I'll get to the other two plants this morning. I sense a bit of jealousy in the tent.
NT P2 4-24-24 D24 tent labeled.jpg

The exiled Cosmic Lights looks a little better but is still not quite right on her Day 65. I gave her some water about 3 days ago. This morning was the first time that I could tell by lifting her pot that she had actually consumed some of it. She's drinking really slowly.

CL 04-25--24 D65.jpg

--------------------------------------

Finally, here's a pic of the Phase I girls on their Flip 25 just because I happened to have one handy! ;)

NT 4-25-24 F25 tent.jpg

As always, thanks for stopping by!

PEACE
Different containers GDB? RIGHT ON!

Hello gang.

I finished transplanting the Phase II youngsters this morning on their Day 25.

The Godberry (left) and the Fat Kid's Cake#2 are heading to their 3 gallon pots.
NT P2 4-25-24 .jpg

Everything's ready for them:

NT P2 4-25-24 pre-transplant.jpg

Both of the plants had roots escaping their solo cups and, thus, there was the potential for damaged roots on their extraction. However, they both came out of the cups with the escaping roots intact!

GB:
GB 4-25-24 roots pre-transplant D25.jpg

FKC2:
FKC2 4-25-24 roots pre-transplant D25.jpg

Done deal:
NT P2 4-25-24 D25 transplant complete.jpg

So now all three of the girls are back on equal footing.
NT P2 4-25-24 D25 tent.jpg

They will only be in the 2x2 for a few days. I'm going to move them to the 4x4 soon. The exiled Cosmic Lights will be getting some company!

--------------------------

Nice uppot GDB and your plants look great. :thumb: šŸ‹
Thanks Keith, and congrats on your babies! :)
She does look good out in the sunshine ! Good job !
Thanks Smoke. I'll bet she enjoyed it!
Different containers GDB? RIGHT ON!
Of course, SOG. These were past due time to transplant. I never intended to do a solo cup grow but it was beginning to look that way! :Rasta:
Dont forget the pitch fork for the outdoors rounds!
I think my friend has one, but I'm not sure we'll need it! :)

-------------------------

Thanks for your visit.

PEACE

Hello gang.

I finished transplanting the Phase II youngsters this morning on their Day 25.

The Godberry (left) and the Fat Kid's Cake#2 are heading to their 3 gallon pots.
NT P2 4-25-24 .jpg

Everything's ready for them:

NT P2 4-25-24 pre-transplant.jpg

Both of the plants had roots escaping their solo cups and, thus, there was the potential for damaged roots on their extraction. However, they both came out of the cups with the escaping roots intact!

GB:
GB 4-25-24 roots pre-transplant D25.jpg

FKC2:
FKC2 4-25-24 roots pre-transplant D25.jpg

Done deal:
NT P2 4-25-24 D25 transplant complete.jpg

So now all three of the girls are back on equal footing.
NT P2 4-25-24 D25 tent.jpg

They will only be in the 2x2 for a few days. I'm going to move them to the 4x4 soon. The exiled Cosmic Lights will be getting some company!

Thanks Keith, and congrats on your babies! :)

Thanks Smoke. I'll bet she enjoyed it!

Of course, SOG. These were past due time to transplant. I never intended to do a solo cup grow but it was beginning to look that way! :Rasta:

I think my friend has one, but I'm not sure we'll need it! :)

-------------------------

Thanks for your visit.

PEACE
Glad the up pot went well i'm sure they'll kick into high gear now

Hello all.

I moved the Phase II girls into the 2x2 this morning. They should like it in there!
NT P2 4-26-24 D26.jpg

I removed the Cosmic Lights because had I left her in there I would have had to elevate the 3 Phase II plants because the lights were hung high to accommodate the CL. Removing her allowed me to lower the lights to a level appropriate for the 3 smaller plants.

I put the CL in the 2x2 so she's still in exile. I started feeding her GH's MaxiGrow today. I'm not waiting any longer to see if/when her Grow Dots expire. She's starting to look light green (on the way to yellow) so I think the Grow Dots are about done.
CL 4-26-24 D26 in 2x2.jpg

-----------------------

I hope to be back this afternoon with an update on the Phase I plants. There, the Dot-fed Blue Cindy is also becoming a paler green. I'll be starting her on Strive nutrients on her next feed.

-----------------------

Glad the up pot went well i'm sure they'll kick into high gear now
Thanks con. They've got plenty of room to do what they will! :Rasta:
Any cuttings of the CL yet or are you waiting until it's looking completely recovered?
I'm still not seeing any branches I'd like to take. Still, I'm gonna' have to take some soon in order to stay on schedule.
Leaves where looking real green so it was Time good job , now the fun starts :tommy::snowboating:
I hope it's fun Smoke. It's certainly my intent to have fun growing them! :Rasta:

Thanks for your visit.

PEACE

Hello all.

I'm back to report on the New Trick (Phase I) girls this afternoon, about 3.5 hours after lights on today.

As you may recall, I've been wondering about why Blue Cindy's pot is always so light and why her reservoir is always half full (or more) after 24-hours periods on the swick base. And I've really been perplexed by how her res contents s. continually have wild, upward pH swings. And I've also been thinking about when her Grow Dots will expire, leading to the need for additional nutrients.

When I really eye-balled her yesterday I notice that her wick line looked a little "cruddy," for lack of a better word. Not real cruddy, but a somewhat darker color than the wicks on the other two plants.

BC wick:
BC wick 4-26-24 F26.jpg

BC then Hash Lover wicks:
BC and HL wicks 4-26-24 F26.jpg

I think the color difference is due to the fact that the BC has been getting periodic doses of Recharge via the res. (And the other two plants have not.) Recharge turns water into a dark brown liquid, and it makes sense that the wick line would be somewhat discolored. Then I had to take it a step further and wonder if the discoloration or its cause could be affecting the ability of the cords to wick properly.

Long story short, I replaced the BC's wick lines with brand new cord on yesterday.

Today her res was slightly more than half full and her pot was as light as can be. The contents of the res. indicated a pH of 7.1. Nothing has changed in the 24 hours since I replaced the wick lines.

NT 4-26-24 F26 tent.jpg

Still, the BC (rear) looks relatively content. She is starting to turn a bit of a pale green. I think her Dots are about done. I wanted to start her on Strive nutrients today, but there was so much left in her res. that I just adjusted the pH to 5.8 and did nothing else.

Both plants up front (Lemon Bubble & Hash Lover) got their reservoirs topped with a full dose of Strive. Both of the reservoirs were nearly empty and, as usual, the LB pot was heavy and the HL pot was much lighter (but not as feather-light as the BC's pot).

I wish I could ignore these differences, but I can't. And I'm making myself swicking confused! šŸ˜

@BooWho2

-------------------------------

I thought some swickers out there might be interested in this pic I ran across online!

This guy as the XL model of the AC Infinity swick base, which holds 2 gallons of liquid. He didn't provide much info. about this pic (and I sure wish he had posted a pic of the plant). He did say he had a 10 gallon pot sitting on the base. He put air stones in the base and created what I would call Swick/DWC combo grow!
swick gone wild.jpg

Talk about escaping roots! :ganjamon:

Thanks for peeking in.

PEACE

Back
Top Bottom