GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Hello gang!

It's Day 38 for the Phase II girls and last night, against my better judgement, I tried to do a little more training on them. I broke one of the top branches of Fat Kids Cake#1. It didn't sever completely and I was able to repair it (I think) with a little strip of duct tape.
FKC2 5-8-24 D38 snap repair.jpg

If she heals I will not chance bending that branch any further. Instead, I'm thinking of topping the branch again and the one opposing it. I haven't decided yet. As small as these plants are, I'm still considering flipping them on their day 40, just like the Phase I group. If I top again, I probably would delay flipping them.

I did manage to open up the other two plants just a tad without any incidents.
NT P2 5-8-24 D38 tent.jpg

-------------------------------

I really appreciate all the feedback about my busted ac unit.

Sorry about the a/c, but at least the plant was comfortable...:)
LB's yard looks like a park...lots of trees, so lots of shade...her spot wouldn't have to be perfect, 6 hours of direct sun should do the trick..a little more would be better, but that's not always possible if you also want to keep her out of sight...

So you never tried to charge the ac system yourself? There's pretty simple kits for that and if the unit is just old it can last for months. A pro service is in order though if you want the best outcome.

I too had my trucks AC go out last year. šŸ™„ When I turned it on, the belt froze on the pulleys and the truck started shaking.:oops: Scared me a little.šŸ™„ I waited for a year to get it fixed as the weather was turning cooler and I'm not getting out much due to wearing a bag. Anyway, it cost me between 900 and 1000$ to fix it.:oops: It may be as simple as the hoses leaking out the freon.:)

Good luck on your golf job. :) Maybe you'll get some of his clones to grow in your garden.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
Hmm. I hadn't even thought of getting clones from the asst. manager! (That's a lie.) ;)
Could you just need AC recharge with freon? They sale do it yourself kits at auto parts stores. :ganjamon:

Good question it would cost a lot less if all it needed was a recharge. It cost me almost $300 to have FireStone recharde it for me. What a waste of money when I could have done it myself. šŸ‹

Most vehicles are charged with 134A when you add that off the shelf shit like red dot to 134A it creates acid & trashs everything over time but if your vehicle is a beater or selling it go for it a lot of the times it's a water valve or blend door issue or a fuse or plugged evaporator or a broken wire, adding that off the shelf stuff creates more issues than what it's worth & not good for the environment even though they claim it don't deplete the ozone layer
I went to see my mechanic this morning in order to discuss the issue. I really trust my mechanic. He and his crew do great work and only do the work that is required. No padding!

I asked him if he trusted the otc, third-party recharging kits. His answer was kinda' yes and no. He said that if a recharge is all that's needed they're okay. But he told me to be wary of them because many of them come with less-than-ideal gauges, adding that if the gauge doesn't function properly or is not hooked up properly, one could easily overcharge the system and ruin it, resulting in a much more expensive repair. He said it's best to have him examine the truck in order to see if a low charge is really the issue. Finally, he said that if all I needed was a recharge he'd do it for less than $200.

Sold.

I'm not a complete doofus when it comes to this stuff. I went to trade school for auto mechanics and my first 2 years after that were spent working as a mechanic at a gas station. But that was ages ago, before computers were invented, much less made an integral part of car engines. Plus, I've forgot most of that stuff long ago, and I don't have a whole bunch of tools. All I do now is basic stuff: oil changes, window washer refills, bulb changes and windshield wiper blade installs (which still challenge me to this day! :straightface:).

Anyway, they're booked up for this week but will try to get to me on Monday.

My buggy is approaching 200k miles and I'd like to keep it for another 200k. She's a perfect fit for me!

Just two months ago I spent $3,300 catching up on neglected maintenance, after the extra noises she was making got to be a little too loud. I got all new shocks, all new bushings, two new front axles and all new brake pads and rotors. What a world of difference that made! Feels like I'm riding in a new truck, only now with no ac! :)

Definitely looking happy and healthy over there GDB nice work šŸ‘Œ
I did the same thing giving a buddy a couple of clones, he had no pens so we measured up the same way and it worked great šŸ‘ looking forward to LB's updates šŸ˜

Oh and congrats on the potential job bro it's a bonus doing something you enjoy šŸ’Æ & grow chats a double bonus as I only get 420mag for that!
I see your clubs are packed waiting the call šŸ¤£ or was that your security delivering CL šŸ¤”šŸ¤£
Yeah, sometimes you have to improvise, GV! I have another cheapo pH meter that I wanted to take to him, but I'll be damned if I could find it!

Once the weather turns warm, the clubs go in the truck and they stay there all summer and most of the fall! Always got to have my sticks handy!
GDB not to FREAK YOU OUT BUT,those squirrels, DAMN things! I had a HUGE problem with them last summer chewing on my main stalks on my plants I don't know if they were after water or what but they stripped the stems on all of my plants from the pots up as high as they could reach!
I tried ribbons and streamers to no avail.
If LB finds a solution for this let me know tge only thing i found to keep them from doing it was my dog šŸ˜. Keep me posted!

Yeah fuck a squirrel ! Your bud has a nice place /yard with very little room , hopefully you can direct him on best placing . Plants look good even the slow porks .. If your Freon gets low the compressor want come on =no cool air . I need to shot a can in mine not as cold as it should be . Good luck with it 88F here today !!!
LB has been sprinkling pepper on "fucking everything", as he put it.

A few years ago he was in full Elmer Fudd mode when he was battling a mole problem. That was some funny shit to watch! šŸ˜

And just last year, he started noticing some sort of predator birds hanging out near is pond and then his largest kois started disappearing!

It's been one thing after another. :)
Hey GDB sounds great to me.

When I lost my job at a warehouse I worked in for 20 years my friend got me a job as a golf ranger at a local country club. ā›³ After 20 years indoors, riding around talking to the members and eating country club lunches šŸ¤ šŸ¦ž every day was a real treat to me. And free golf on Mondays for employees. šŸŒļøā€ā™‚ļø
I was constantly on the lookout for a place to hide a few plants the next year but got another job elsewhere.
Talk about hilly courses, not many around Pittsburgh aren't, and I learned on some of the hilliest but i still suck anyway.
I'll bet after working in a warehouse for 20 years being outside was a blast, HH!

And like you, when I was working at another course prior to Covid, I was constantly looking for spots where I could put a plant!

Don't feel bad about sucking at golf. I believe most golfers suck at it. But if you can get with a group where all suck on about the same level it can be loads of fun! ā›³

-------------------------------

Thanks for your interest!

PEACE

Sorry about the a/c, but at least the plant was comfortable...:)
LB's yard looks like a park...lots of trees, so lots of shade...her spot wouldn't have to be perfect, 6 hours of direct sun should do the trick..a little more would be better, but that's not always possible if you also want to keep her out of sight...
I'm not sure how comfortable she was Carcass, but she made it through. She's been used to a mild breeze from an 6-inch oscillating fan. A lot different from what she experienced on this ride!

We're not too worried about keeping it out of sight. He has nice neighbors in a nice hood! It's the polar opposite of where I live! :)

You could always put sticky traps around the bottom of the plant..any bunny or squirrel gets into that they'll think twice next time.. šŸ˜†

(I'm kidding that's so cruel, it would work tho)šŸ’š
One time i greased the bird feeder pole watched a squirrel or 2 slide down it until 1 day,I thought it was a good idea at the time until 2 birds were stuck to it until i got them Free but they took off with grease all over them so it wasn't such as good of an idea as I thought im pretty sure they didn't make it! I was pretty upset with myself being so stupid!āœŒļø

Highya GDB,

I used to play a twilight league after work (hilly 9 holes). It was fun, meeting a lot of other sucky golfers. I fit right in.

Your ladies look very happy, still. Where the booboo is, she'll repair the branch easily and quickly. I know from experience. Almost need to be a plant surgeon sometimes! Happy Smokin'

One time i greased the bird feeder pole watched a squirrel or 2 slide down it until 1 day,I thought it was a good idea at the time until 2 birds were stuck to it until i got them Free but they took off with grease all over them so it wasn't such as good of an idea as I thought im pretty sure they didn't make it! I was pretty upset with myself being so stupid!āœŒļø

I used squirrel traps baited with bread and peanut butter. Then I would toss them in the back of the van and release them 7 miles away since that's what the internet recommended. Apparently they have a great sense of direction up to 6.9 miles!

They were eating all the best peaches so something needed to be done.
One American is sexing them, one is forcing them to pole dance, another is kidnapping them in his Squirrel Van!

What is going on with you guys and those cute little squirrels you have?!

They look so cute!

šŸæļøšŸ§”šŸæļøšŸ§”šŸæļøšŸ§”

I really dig the SPINNING SQUIRREL BIRD FEEDERS. I could really enjoy watching one zooted. :ganjamon:

Highya GDB,

I used to play a twilight league after work (hilly 9 holes). It was fun, meeting a lot of other sucky golfers. I fit right in.

Your ladies look very happy, still. Where the booboo is, she'll repair the branch easily and quickly. I know from experience. Almost need to be a plant surgeon sometimes! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode! Yeah, I think she'll mend! :)

I used squirrel traps baited with bread and peanut butter. Then I would toss them in the back of the van and release them 7 miles away since that's what the internet recommended. Apparently they have a great sense of direction up to 6.9 miles!

They were eating all the best peaches so something needed to be done.
I know they couldn't resist peanut butter! They may have known it was a trap but didn't care! šŸ˜

I heard they hate the smell of neem oil, so I'm going to be spraying the soil in one of my pepper pots with it to see if it helps. The little bastards always dig in those.
I'll let you know if it helps.

GDB not to FREAK YOU OUT BUT,those squirrels, DAMN things! I had a HUGE problem with them last summer chewing on my main stalks on my plants I don't know if they were after water or what but they stripped the stems on all of my plants from the pots up as high as they could reach!
I tried ribbons and streamers to no avail.
If LB finds a solution for this let me know tge only thing i found to keep them from doing it was my dog šŸ˜. Keep me posted!āœŒļø
WooHoo! I usually only get 1 Tomato a year... Ba$terds! But they haven't touched my Meds! ā¤ļø

Most of my squirrels are missing teeth from eating my Black Walnuts , I love it when they clean the yard up for me after i have all I will need ( Love them But a Bitch to bust open ) I use a Vice ! Just captured a opossum Pro trap from a friend Peanut butter under it , The cat was damn glad too ! :laugh: :lot-o-toke: Want talk Deer !! mator eating baster ds

Most of my squirrels are missing teeth from eating my Black Walnuts , I love it when they clean the yard up for me after i have all I will need ( Love them But a Bitch to bust open ) I use a Vice ! Just captured a opossum Pro trap from a friend Peanut butter under it , The cat was damn glad too ! :laugh: :lot-o-toke: Want talk Deer !! mator eating baster ds
Huh?

Smoke, how the hell you know they have teeth missing?

What, when they see you they sit up and smile? šŸ˜

Back
Top Bottom