GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Hello gang.

It's Flip 34 for the New Trick girls and I just wanted to show you how the colas are coming along.

Blue Cindy:
BC 5-4-24 F34 cola.jpg

Hash Lover:
HL 5-4-24 F34 cola.jpg

Lemon Bubble:
LB 5-4-24 F34 cola.jpg

The LB is the only one on which pistils have started to turn and it's just a few of those.

Unfortunately, I also noticed some leaf discoloration on the LB today. It's occurring in the upper regions of the plant and looks like a calcium deficiency might be developing. I'd love to hear what others think.
LB 5-4-24 F34 leaf discoloration.jpg

That's all I've got.

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE

Hello gang.

It's Flip 34 for the New Trick girls and I just wanted to show you how the colas are coming along.

Blue Cindy:
BC 5-4-24 F34 cola.jpg

Hash Lover:
HL 5-4-24 F34 cola.jpg

Lemon Bubble:
LB 5-4-24 F34 cola.jpg

The LB is the only one on which pistils have started to turn and it's just a few of those.

Unfortunately, I also noticed some leaf discoloration on the LB today. It's occurring in the upper regions of the plant and looks like a calcium deficiency might be developing. I'd love to hear what others think.

That's all I've got.

PEACE
GDB, I do think it looks like a calcium deficiency and this would be consistent with my personal experience with the SWICK. Calcium is carried down through the medium and must be watered in from the top I believe. Gee man knows the science and Otter knows how to dose the plants properly to avoid this. It's a sub-irrigation thing.

+3 on the calcium 👍 I continued my dosage and they made it but leaves looked rough.
RO water, LED lights & Coco are all calcium demanding. I needed 2ml/L to stop the necrosis. I used to say calmag is calmag but some are stronger and are better for buffering water to stop that drift 💪

Hello gang.

Blue Cindy:
BC 5-4-24 F34 cola.jpg

Hash Lover:
HL 5-4-24 F34 cola.jpg

Lemon Bubble:
LB 5-4-24 F34 cola.jpg

That's all I've got.

PEACE
The ladies are looking great GDB buds are forming nice

GDB my opinion is check substrate ph and watering ph it might be a ph swing for the issue ✌️
Calcium becomes less available as PH drops.. can see slight twist in leaves too which I was hoping the the microbes would keep in check. Right time for it too 👍

Hello all and Happy Sunday!

It's Day 35 for the Phase II girls and I'm trying to remain enthusiastic.

I've been trying to train these plants but they seem so small and fragile. It's funny how the mind works. :straightface:
NT P2 5-5-24 D35 tent(2).jpg

NT P2 5-5-24 D35 tent.jpg

------------------------------------

The Cosmic Lights will spend her last night with me tonight. I'll be taking her to my friend's place tomorrow where he will harden her up in prep for full sun. We'll be feeding her GeoFlora nutrients once she's in the ground. This morning I top-fed her 2 cups of Grow so that it can get to working. My friend will be able to just give her plain water until we put her in the ground.

I hope I don't get emotional when I take her away. I'll pack a hankie just in case! :)

CL 5-5-24 D75.jpg

BTW, none of the cuts I took from her has rooted yet, but I remain hopeful that at least a few will. I prolly should have just put the cuts in a cup of tap water. Earlier in the grow when I was cleaning up the Hash Lover I threw a few pieces of her into a solo of tap water and sat them on my windowsill. They've both rooted.

------------------------------

GDB, I do think it looks like a calcium deficiency and this would be consistent with my personal experience with the SWICK. Calcium is carried down through the medium and must be watered in from the top I believe. Gee man knows the science and Otter knows how to dose the plants properly to avoid this. It's a sub-irrigation thing.

Looks calcium def to me GDB. I'm using 4 ml cal/mag in a gallon of ro in the hand watered side and 4 ml a day in the auto watered side. Watch out for npk.

+3 on the calcium 👍 I continued my dosage and they made it but leaves looked rough.
RO water, LED lights & Coco are all calcium demanding. I needed 2ml/L to stop the necrosis. I used to say calmag is calmag but some are stronger and are better for buffering water to stop that drift 💪
Thanks folks. Your opinion matters!

I was surprised to see the discoloration. She's being fed Strive and I typically have not had to add calmag when using that nutrient. But, this is my first time using it in coco and under a 1000 watt light. Both of those factors may be contributing.
The ladies are looking great GDB buds are forming nice
Thanks con. :thanks:
GDB my opinion is check substrate ph and watering ph it might be a ph swing for the issue ✌️
Thanks SOG. I pH every feed to 5.8ish and the substrate is coco. The pH drifts upward as the water sits in the res but it has been staying in an acceptable range.

---------------------------------

Thanks for looking in and have yourselves a restful, refreshing Sunday!

PEACE

I've been trying to train these plants but they seem so small and fragile.
They do break pretty easy at that age, usually the top 2 branches are the real tender ones...looks like they're all still there, so, good job so far, GDB!
I hope I don't get emotional when I take her away. I'll pack a hankie just in case! :)
At least it's just "see ya later" and not goodbye...🥺👍

Hey GDB. Are you messing with the PH once the water goes into the bases? I see you PHd to 5.8. Are you just doing that for the two days it takes to suck up the water or are you adjusting PH while water is in the bases?

Hey GDB. Are you messing with the PH once the water goes into the bases? I see you PHd to 5.8. Are you just doing that for the two days it takes to suck up the water or are you adjusting PH while water is in the bases?
I was adjusting the res pH on the Blue Cindy for a while. At one time she wasn't drinking much and the water in the res had time to drift out of the acceptable range for coco. It hit a pH of 7.2 on several occasions. In those instances I adjusted the contents back down to 5.8ish. Now I'm thinking that could have been avoided had I not began filling up her res so soon. I prolly should have started out filling it up halfway or thereabouts. She may have been able to slurp that up prior to a major pH drift. Now she's drinking nearly the whole gallon in a day, so no drift to speak of because there's usually nothing left in the res to measure!

The Strive-fed plants have pH drift too, but not nearly as pronounced. They'll drift from 5.8 to maybe 6.1 or 6.2. In those instances I've left it alone because the pH remained in the acceptable range for coco.

Hello all.

I didn't get to take the Cosmic Lights up North today. My buddy had something unexpected pop up, so now we're on for tomorrow.

---------------------------

There's a golf course about a mile from where I live. It's one of the courses I learned to play on. Short and hilly, it's a challenging course where the back nine is nearly twice as hard to score on as the front nine.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a part-time job there (for the free golf, of course). I've got an open invitation to return to work at another course I used to work at (but stopped when Covid arrived), but that course is about 5-6 miles from where I live while this other course I'm trying to get hired at is like right around the corner.

Do any of you care about this? I doubt it.

But I mentioned it because I went to the course today and briefly met with the manager. He was an older guy (my age), who seemed like he couldn't give a shit about anything but his free golf. Prolly the kind of guy I'd have no problems working for. Then I had an extended meeting with the asst. manager, a younger guy with an impressive set of dreadlocks and a pair of those "I smoke weed" eyes!

We ended up speaking for hours, not about my potential employment, but about growing weed!

Turns out that this guy and a partner of his are legitimately trying to break into the medical provider class in Maryland! They've got a grow set-up consisting of what appeared to be 4 rooms, about 8 x 8 feet each. (He had several videos on his phone of the set-up.) Lots of huge lights, various reservoir/auto-watering set-ups, a connected exhaust system for all the rooms and all electronics run by 2 big outdoor generators. Oh, and plants -- lots and lots of plants!

He said they do a lot of pheno-hunting, so one of the rooms was dedicated to nothing but clones -- more clones than I've ever seen in a single setting!

I now believe I'm a shoe-in for the next position that opens at the course! The manager almost certainly leaves most decisions to the asst. manager. Hell, it took some prodding just to get the manager to even accept my introduction. I met with him at the first tee as he was getting ready to drive a ball. "Man, I'm sorry. This is nothing personal against you, but I just lost 3 balls on the back nine and I'm pissed. You need to talk to Jerome (the asst. manager). Good to meet you." 😁

I sense good days ahead this summer! Lots of free golf! ⛳

BTW, I gave the Lemon Bubble a top feed of 2 liters of calmag (0-0-0) yesterday to address what appears to be deficient calmag. Now to watch and wait.

Pics the next time I post!

-------------------------------------

Good luck letting go of the CL tomorrow, and the Phase II crew are just taking their soil sweet time getting ready for the growth spurt!

Love the NFL sideline camera effect on the second Phase II pic.
Had to hold on to the CL one more day Shed, but she'll be outta' here tomorrow.

I hope I get a spurt from the Phase II girls. I need a spurt! :)

I'm glad you noticed the effect on the pic. I'll be most of the real stoners just squint and move along! 😁
Hoping whoever gets her takes as good of care as you have. She's really blossomed 💚 into a swan Big Daddy B.
Thanks Jiggi. He's a plant lover. I'm certain he'll do the best he can!
They do break pretty easy at that age, usually the top 2 branches are the real tender ones...looks like they're all still there, so, good job so far, GDB!
I have not broken anything yet Carcass, mostly cause I'm reluctant to touch them! :Rasta:
At least it's just "see ya later" and not goodbye...🥺👍
That does help! And as long as I'm willing to drive about 35 miles I can see her whenever I want!
Looking good hope your other clones work out ! Will you get updates and share on the BC as it progresses ?
Thanks Smoke. Yes I'll get updates on the away girl (the CL not the BC), and I'll likely be posting on her progress on my other thread, "Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack," just to keep that journal alive. I'll make sure you guys know about it if I go that route.
You going to prune & thin the outdoor plant up before or after you put it out GDB? NEED that air flow through that or issues will arise sooner than later ✌️
She's not growing as densely as she may appear in the pics SOG. But yeah, I'll do whatever I think is appropriate to get her in the best shape to succeed!

--------------------------------------

I just got a call from my mom. She said a package has arrived at her house for me!!

My first GJOTY prize from Herbies never reached me. They asked for a new address in order to resend them and I gave them my mom's address.

This has been a good day! :)

---------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE

Hello all.

I didn't get to take the Cosmic Lights up North today. My buddy had something unexpected pop up, so now we're on for tomorrow.

There's a golf course about a mile from where I live. It's one of the courses I learned to play on. Short and hilly, it's a challenging course where the back nine is nearly twice as hard to score on as the front nine.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a part-time job there (for the free golf, of course). I've got an open invitation to return to work at another course I used to work at (but stopped when Covid arrived), but that course is about 5-6 miles from where I live while this other course I'm trying to get hired at is like right around the corner.

But I mentioned it because I went to the course today and briefly met with the manager. He was an older guy (my age), who seemed like he couldn't give a shit about anything but his free golf. Prolly the kind of guy I'd have no problems working for. Then I had an extended meeting with the asst. manager, a younger guy with an impressive set of dreadlocks and a pair of those "I smoke weed" eyes!

We ended up speaking for hours, not about my potential employment, but about growing weed!

Turns out that this guy and a partner of his are legitimately trying to break into the medical provider class in Maryland! They've got a grow set-up consisting of what appeared to be 4 rooms, about 8 x 8 feet each. (He had several videos on his phone of the set-up.) Lots of huge lights, various reservoir/auto-watering set-ups, a connected exhaust system for all the rooms and all electronics run by 2 big outdoor generators. Oh, and plants -- lots and lots of plants!

He said they do a lot of pheno-hunting, so one of the rooms was dedicated to nothing but clones -- more clones than I've ever seen in a single setting!

I now believe I'm a shoe-in for the next position that opens at the course! The manager almost certainly leaves most decisions to the asst. manager. Hell, it took some prodding just to get the manager to even accept my introduction. I met with him at the first tee as he was getting ready to drive a ball. "Man, I'm sorry. This is nothing personal against you, but I just lost 3 balls on the back nine and I'm pissed. You need to talk to Jerome (the asst. manager)." 😁

BTW, I gave the Lemon Bubble a top feed of 2 liters of calmag (0-0-0) yesterday to address what appears to be deficient calmag. Now to watch and wait.

I'm glad you noticed the effect on the pic. I'll be most of the real stoners just squint and move along! 😁

I have broken anything yet Carcass, mostly cause I'm reluctant to touch them! :Rasta:

That does help! And as long as I'm willing to drive about 35 miles I can see her whenever I want!

Thanks Smoke. Yes I'll get updates on the away girl (the CL not the BC), and I'll likely be posting on her progress on my other thread, "Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack," just to keep that journal alive. I'll make sure you guys no about it if I go that route.

She's not growing as densely as she may appear in the pics SOG. But yeah, I'll do whatever I think is appropriate to get her in the best shape to succeed!

I just got a call from my mom. She said a package has arrived at her house for me!!

My first GJOTY prize from Herbies never reached me. They asked for a new address in order to resend them and I gave them my mom's address.

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE
I care and good luck on getting the job and the move GDB im sure both transitions will be successful! ✌️

Hello all.

I now believe I'm a shoe-in for the next position that opens at the course! The manager almost certainly leaves most decisions to the asst. manager. Hell, it took some prodding just to get the manager to even accept my introduction. I met with him at the first tee as he was getting ready to drive a ball. "Man, I'm sorry. This is nothing personal against you, but I just lost 3 balls on the back nine and I'm pissed. You need to talk to Jerome (the asst. manager)." 😁

I have broken anything yet Carcass, mostly cause I'm reluctant to touch them! :Rasta:

Thanks Smoke. Yes I'll get updates on the away girl (the CL not the BC), and I'll likely be posting on her progress on my other thread, "Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack," just to keep that journal alive. I'll make sure you guys no about it if I go that route.

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE
Sounds like the perfect job nice & close & smokers & growers NICE!

Back
Top Bottom