Glimmer Grows More Autos - Blue Dream - Amnesia & Dark Devil In Coco With MH/LEDs

re: Glimmer Grows More Autos - Blue Dream - Amnesia & Dark Devil In Coco With MH/LEDs

I did the first ones under CFL and the last 3 under LED. I feel like the LED kept them from stretching as much as the CFL's did. I also had my LED way too close in the beginning, might be another reason it kept them so low.

I grew in soil and did not transplant I did a couple of waterings and added more soil to the empty pot to make sure everything was settled prior to putting the tap root in. The whole pot was slightly damp when I planted.

I try to water around the stem, going to the edge of the pot as well to ensure the water gets down through all areas.

I'm sure this is going to be another fantastic grow

Aw, bless you, golfer! Thank you so much for the advice -- I can't tell you how much it helps.

I thought I would be a bit more blasé about this grow -- you know, I've already been through the germinating/sprouting thing and I'd be super cool and everything -- but the instant I saw those tiny seeds respond to warmth and moisture with that questing tap root, it's all over for me. I'm hooked and involved and fascinated all over again :)

Thanks so much for being here!

re: Glimmer Grows More Autos - Blue Dream - Amnesia & Dark Devil In Coco With MH/LEDs

Hey GG I think atrain has is medium most and then waters around the stem fro the get go to try and make the tap root chase the water straight down to the bottom of the pot. Then starts watering the whole pot! Hope that helps some, I'm anxious to see these little sprouts :) :)

Thank you, that's so useful and just what I needed to know -- thank you, Camo! I'm used to starting veggie seeds indoors, in tiny little pots or propagators, so I was unsure of the techniques for putting a little seed in a big pot!

Photos! (not that there's much to see at this point)

The babies were all well-sprouted this morning -- so much faster than my first tries at germinating (where I killed the first two seeds - even the second two were slower than these). Soaking for 18 hours, moist (not dripping) paper towel, between two plates and under a light bulb for warmth (especially necessary in my cold old house). That's my system :)

The Amnesia looked like she was ready to throw off her seed shells and get that cotyledon on out there! If the plant as a whole grows like this seed is starting, then it's going to be AMAZING. Hope she likes coco and perlite :)

IMG_62674.JPG

Blue Dream had a tap root so all was well there (it's the smallest seed of the bunch)

IMG_62694.JPG

Dark Devil looking just right:

IMG_62682.JPG

I mixed up coco coir and perlite in my new RootMaker 3 gallon pots. I wanted to go 3 gallons because I noticed I wasted so much space in the 5 gallons (actually I never really filled them properly with medium right from the get go) and I want to fit these all in my tent nicely.

But the hydro store didn't have any of the smart (fabric) pots in more than 2 gallons or less than 10 -- the guy there suggested I try these. They're also air pruning (inverted pyramid shape with air vents) and should last me a long time. Really sturdy, good quality moulded plastic. Worth a shot, I thought!

IMG_62662.JPG

I moistened the medium (but didn't soak it) with tap water (my tap water is 5.5 pH right out of the tap). I then planted each seed carefully, a knuckle deep, tap root down, being very careful not to touch the actual root.

And here they are!

IMG_62705.JPG

Just got to finish setting up the tent and they'll go in there this afternoon.

I'm subbed. On time this run. Good luck Glimm! Woohhoooo Dark Devil!!!!!

Welcome, arteekay! Can't wait to get to know you! Are you growing right now?

I am, journal linked in my signature. I've got 4 Crop King Seeds strains going in 6 pots in a 4x4x6.7' tent, lighted currently by a spider x4 and a 125w cfl (more for me than them I think, but whatever).

Off to check out your first grow journal.

looking good;)

Thanks, beast! Trying to actually remember all the great advice you gave me on my last grow :)

I am, journal linked in my signature. I've got 4 Crop King Seeds strains going in 6 pots in a 4x4x6.7' tent, lighted currently by a spider x4 and a 125w cfl (more for me than them I think, but whatever).

Off to check out your first grow journal.

Love your journal, arteekay -- totally subscribing.

after following your first journal, cant miss out on this one! Good luck on your second grow.

Thanks, RheinRover -- I really appreciate the comment and the follow!

glimmer good work its all documented on here if u fget anything;)and im always here to answer any question u have to save u back tracking ha ha;) ur going to grow some beautiful big plants u have the perfect start.and dont look like u have forgotten anything yet;):goodjob:

:popcorn: Where is the canna butter?

:popcorn: Where is the canna butter?

heh heh heh -- I got my little crock pot on Monday and I ground and decarboxylated all my (mostly) dried trim today plus some older shake I had at the bottom of jars, etc. (damn, grinding not totally dried bud is sticky!) YUMMY! I would have set it to make the butter overnight but I have cleaning people coming to clean the house early tomorrow morning and needed to tidy away all my paraphernalia :) So, tomorrow, I hope, after the cleaners leave -- I will make canna butter!

Glimmer,
I made a batch of canna butter from my sour d run and it had been chilling in the fridge for 6 weeks. I made some banana nut muffins (box) that blew my mind. I used cheese cloth to put my decarb bud into, tied it up neatly in a ball. I put an ounce of dried sour d bud to 1 pound of un salted butter sticks (4) then I let it to simmer for 4 hours. I extracted the last drop from the cheescloth using a rice press. Totally clean and free of plant matter.

How do you make yours?

I've never made it with trim before (never had trim :)) - always used bud. I've never had a crock pot, either, so that part is new. I'm also going to use lecithin to make the cannabinoids more available :) (Normally I decarb, simmer in butter for a few hours and strain)

1. Decarb 1 oz weed (or 2 oz trim) for an hour at 240 F (covered tightly with aluminum foil). Let cool, covered.
2. Melt 1 lb butter (sometimes I clarify it), add weed and 1/4 c soy lecithin
3. Barely simmer for 4 to 6 hours.
4. Strain through cheesecloth (or make a bouquet garni of the weed for stage 2 so things are tidier) A ricer is a great idea!
5. Chill and freeze to store.

Back
Top Bottom