Gr8ful - Soil - Blue Mystic - N.L. - Aurora Indica

Re: Gr8ful, soil, Blue Mystic, N.L., Aurora Indica

Nice set up Gr8ful. I may have to check out the Shelby grow store you mentioned. I use the one in Augusta/Galesburg.

I'll be watching this grow closely. I bet we live fairly close to each other. Just minutes off 131.

:goodluck:

Sweet grow rooms gr8ful. you will be glad you got everything so organized and neat when they turn into beasts. that flower room is awesome. much respect for the balls to have someone install everything. I am a do it yourselfer. i am also growing femmed nl seeds right now. come take a look. im two weeks behind you though. Looks great man. Looks like they want something though. or they have too much of something hard to tell when they are this young. keep it clean and green bro!

New foliage looks great bro. Dont worry about the minor damage you see on the older leaves. It's not the fan leaves that bear the fruits anyway, It's the nodes. Some times you run into problems and then the plants rebound and start pluggin away with brilliant new foliage like it never had the problem. these kind of plants are very resiliant. They bounce back quick. New foliage looks good , you could probably start given em a squirt of water once a day out of a clean spray bottle each soon. Glad you raised the lights a bit, at an early stage you dont wanna get to close with powerful lighting. In a week or so you can probably start lettin em get a bit closer with good airflow. I usually stick with plain water feedings until they get a bit bigger than that, but if you do give them nutes soon, make sure it's a dilluted strength meant for seedlings. be dilligent with your measurements. :goodluck:

I don't feed my plants nutes at al in veg, unless I am growing them very large, in that case I would wait a while ( 3-4 weeks). Your soil mix has plenty of food for the young plants to thrive. I would mist them with plain water maybe once a day. Raising the lights a bit is a good idea as well, at this stage, all they really need is a little flourescent light, you can lower it when they get another inch or two taller to keep the nodes nice and tight. Pay close attention to the ph of the water your giving them, I find that most problems arise from the ph being too far out of range. But your on a great site where even the least experienced growers can get great advise and have amazing results! My advise is to keep it simple, don't panic, and listen to the amazing growers we have here and you will be fine.
Also, you have the right idea with watering when they dry out, but in the seedling stage, you really don't want to let them dry out completely. Keep them moist till their a little bigger. I hope this helps bro!
Good luck,
NEPharmer:goodluck::tokin:

Hey Lucky, thanks for checking my journal out, we are probably a couple hours away, I am near I-75 and I-69!

Joebong, thanks for droppin in too. Normally I would not have had anyone else do the install but I needed an electrician as I will not mess with that. I stopped in and talked to the owners of the store several times and felt pretty comfortable with them. One of them came and did it with his electrician buddy and before they even came over I probably would have let them come in without me even home. Otherwise I would not have let them in even with me home! I did not want anyone of my friends to know this is going on and so did not have my electrician buddy do it. I figure the guys that installed it are the only ones that know about it and they know that. And I work at home and have a pretty steller security system here. I am in my 40's and had some extra donuts so I built what I wanted, I figure it is the gift that keeps on giving. After dropping all this dough I am kind of like the pig in a bacon and egg breakfast. The chicken is involved but the pig is committed:) LOL! The cool thing about this forum is that I can show off my garden and not have anybody that comes over see it or know about it. Some people just can not keep things to themselves and this kick ass forum allows them to share the wealth!

Thanks THC for trying to calm down my noob nervousnous! I am kicking myself for possibly screwing something up but hopeful it can be fixed and you make me feel better that there is a chance. I know there are a lot of obstacles I will face in the coming months, I am just glad that you guys are here to guide me along the way. If it were not for you guys I would still be looking for the link for the 420 Magazine shrink! .

THC, do you mean I can mist the leaves soon and they will no be prone to burn?

Thank you all again for coming by, I will keep up with the pic's and commentary:)
:peace:

NEPharmer, thank you sir for trying to keep me calm, I am a worrier expecially about my little ladies! I will hold off for the nutes for now and see how they react. I do have plenty of space for my plants to get 4-5 if I want to but I was thinking about bending some FIM or top when ready. I figure i will see how they react by trying a bit of everything when the time is right.

The PH is right on the money as far as I can tell. I bought a little kit and it makes the water a little yellowish green which is supposed to be in the 5.5-6.5 range I beleive according to the kit. I have an RO system that goes to my fridge but I tapped off it and am holding it in a 35 gallon resevoir with an air pump to keep it fresh or whatever. I started filling my water bottles with it yesterday as it is finally getting filled up a bit. Still smells a little like pickles even though it was powerwashed out. The PH was the same out of the pickle barrel as it was direct out of my fridge. I let it warm up under the light when I used it out of the fridge. I hope my room being 70-75 degrees will be fine if I need to use the waterdirect out of the barrel in the near future.
Thanks bro:)

Mist once daily with only water as soon as you would like to start ( just make sure to stop foliar feeding about a week and a half into flowering so you dont water down the trichome stickyness that starts to build up around that time.) and i would only feed em water for a bit more brother. gotta relax and enjoy the ride. Couple grows you'll feel like a mad scientist with a white doctor's coat laughing like pinky and the brain. :)

LOL THC! you are hilarious dude and I appreciate the wisdom and advice. I actually just misted my 2 #4's that both look like the lower leaves got toasted. I figured I would start on those as they are not under the humidity dome and they are both in recovery mode so if I screw up I will do it on the ones in the infirmary!

I am enjoying the ride much more now that I have people like yourself helping me relax and not worry so much. Thanks for checking in and looking after my ladies with me, definitley sleep better at night knowing I am not alone.

LOL, I know exactly how you feel bro, unsure of every move, second guessing yourself, and feeling like your going to kill your precious babies. I was the same way on my first grow, but once you get going it's really not too difficult. You will be able to tell exactly what your plants need. The plants with the discolored leaves will bounce back, from your description it sounds like your off to a much better start than most. You have a great set up, I think I should warn you though, growing pot is extreamly addictive!!! Enjoy
ps: I'm pumped, I just picked up two tickets for Furthur in Boston!

growing pot is extreamly addictive!!!

Someone on this site had this quote: "Pot is not addictive, but growing it is." Isn't that the truth!!!

my self i bury my clone a couple times i try to strech a little to sink them 2 mabe 3 times to get very strong stalk so i kan supercrop them wich i expirmented with last grow they are still in flowering stage but doing very well that post is (late post 2nd grow) anyway all looking great :high-five: :roorrip:

Last night I got home and got all excited as it appeared that my babies had grown quite a bit between their sets of leaves. Of course when I woke up this morning I think the half dozen Sierra Nevada's may have influenced my perception of the amount they actually grew! But I do still see that most of them did have a liitle love from the Gods yesterday just maybe not as much as I thought! I figured I would take some side shots to give you a look at what I am talking about. I feel a lot better about the browning and yellowing as you guys have told me not to worry about it. I work from home most of the time and when you have the abiblity to check on them 10 times a day it is easy to over analyze and possibly screw something up.

NEPharmer, have fun at the show, I am sure it will be great as they always are!

420_Mag_0013.JPG

420_Mag_0023.JPG

420_Mag_0033.JPG

420_Mag_0043.JPG

420_Mag_0053.JPG

420_Mag_0063.JPG

I did start misting them all yesterday and did so again this AM as NEPharmer and THC suggested.

I can see how growing could become addictive. I think growing anything is cool, being able to start something from a seed and nurture it and watch it grow. It is something that not many people do anymore and over the last year I have become more interested in it as God forbid that one day we would have to do it to survive. Most people would not have a clue how to be self sustainable, we have just got too dependent on big companies to do it for us. I have always wanted to grow pot, and once I started I felt the urge to grow some veggies or something in the back yard. I think this is the year that Gr8ful grows a green thumb:) But make no mistake, I will not move on to food until I get the bud thing down!! Gotta have priorities right?

I can see how growing could become addictive. I think growing anything is cool, being able to start something from a seed and nurture it and watch it grow

....you forgot...and then SMOKE IT!!! :)

I second that, it's an amazing feeling to nurture a plant from seed to harvest, then be able to be rewarded by smokeing the finale product. It' quite liberating, if I don't say so myself!

Hey Gr8ful, just pulled up a chair and here for the duration. I love the larger grow room journals, makes me jealous.

Hey Placerville, thanks for looking in:) I have a real good buddy from your neck of the woods. I spent a couple years on the west shore of Tahoe and skiing 100 days a year. Great memories, glad to have you along:)

HempRocket and NEPharmer, I did leave out the most important part LOL! Seems like months away so I can only imagine the reward!! Oh yea, it IS MONTHS away! LOL! I can not wait to get to that point:)

Back
Top Bottom