NL#5

420_Mag_0064.JPG

Blue Mystic #1

420_Mag_0072.JPG

BM#2

420_Mag_0082.JPG

BM#3

420_Mag_0091.JPG

BM#4 I can not figure out why this little lady keeps burning her leaves.

420_Mag_0101.JPG

BM#5 Looks like my best one as far as size and condition.

Re: Gr8ful, soil, Blue Mystic, N.L., Aurora Indica

I'm wondering if it somthing wrong with the starter soil your using, is it packed down really tight? It seems like it would be a fine product to use, I'm just trying to figure out why your having these issues.
Peace,
NEPharmer

Hi Gr8ful, am on time!!! I brought some popcorn :popcorn:

May I suggest putting the link to your journal in your signature? It will help people find there way here easier!!

420_Mag_0091.JPG

BM#4 I can not figure out why this little lady keeps burning her leaves.

Nice setup!

I went thru what you are experiencing with the burn. Light Warrior is very HOT and my guess is that you will find the BM's to be more nute sensitive than the NLs. First two weeks NO NUTES!!! I used Fox Farm mix of 2-1 Ocean Forest to Light Warrior - very HOT mix and you should not need nutes till flower 12/12.

I would get a soil thermometer - if your night temps drop to 50 at night then your soil temps may end up being an issue. If the soil drops below 65 degrees and stays there then the plant will STOP growing...trust me, it took a while for me to figure out why my plants stopped growing.

Check out this link to Munki's Playground - an excellent seedling stage journal.

:goodluck:

I'm wondering if it somthing wrong with the starter soil your using, is it packed down really tight? It seems like it would be a fine product to use, I'm just trying to figure out why your having these issues.
Peace,
NEPharmer

Could be NEPharmer, it does seem pretty dense or tight packed as when I water them sometimes the soil level goes down in the pot which could be the problem. Can I add anything to the soil to make it more conducive to them at this stage?

May I suggest putting the link to your journal in your signature? It will help people find there way here easier!!

Hi Tmac, thanks for dropping in. I will definitley put a link to my journal on my signature but not sure how to do that now. I looked around a bit but could not figure it out, can you point me in the right direction to find out how to post a link to my journal on my signature?

So from everything i have read, seems anyone should be able to grow marijuana. But everywhere I look there is a wilting or droopy nl plant. mine are not too hot.

I wonder if it is a difficult strain to grow? But I am having the same problem with my Blue Mystics so i think that there is something wrong with my technique. I used a germination kit from Nirvana for the 5 Blue Mystics and 5 Northern Lights and when I transplanted them they did ok for a week and then went downhill a bit. My Aurora Indicas went from a 24 hour soak in H2O into dirt and look pretty good so far. I think THCScientist was saying he blended some sphagnum moss and perlite to the soil mix he used to make it more airy. I wonder if it would help if I transplanted them into 1 gallon buckets I have and add something to make the mix more airy and easy for the roots to grow?

Check out this link to Munki's Playground - an excellent seedling stage journal.

Pop Kulture, thanks for checking out my journal and thanks for the link. I appreciate your advice on the Light Warrior, I was wondering if that was too hot to start them in but the guy at the store said he uses it out of the gate but his strains may be able to take it. Can I do anything to dilute it like translpant to my 1 gallon pots and add some different mix to it?
:peace:

Go up to the top of the page and toward the left side you will see USER CP. Click on that and it pulls up all sorts of stuff. Look to the left and you will see signature. Click there. Basically you need to copy and paste the line https://wwww]420 MAGAZINE[/url] from your journal.

Gr8ful - Soil - Blue Mystic - N.L. - Aurora Indica

Can I do anything to dilute it like translpant to my 1 gallon pots and add some different mix to it?

I am far from an expert on soil but that's what I love growing in so I am willing to learn as I go. Not sure about diluting soil in your pots - my guess is it would be the end of your seedlings if you tried it.

My first grow I started in a cell tray and beer cups using straight light warrior - once I transplanted it was into 1 gal containers using 2-1 FF ocean forest to light warrior. The seedlings loved it. My mistake was to add organic nutes too soon - the plants did not need it until probably the flower stage.

Since my first grow I had a couple of discussions with some local growers and they suggested that I try to back off on the heat in my next soil mix. Start seedlings in straight pro mix - they simply do not need any nutes for the first two weeks. Next transplanting to 1 bale pro mix, 1 bag of organic soil (ocean forest/roots organic), 1/2 bag or so of light warrior and a small bag of perlite. This mix means you need to add nutes sooner, but it also gives a little more margin for error...avoid the nute burn.

Another thing I discovered the hard way was my ph was all over the place. I started with the drops and it is really hard to tell the difference between 6.0 6.5 and 7.0, and once you add nutes to the water you can't use the drops. I found out that one of the nutes I was adding was dropping the ph to below 5.0 - not good. Anyway, got a new tester with a digital readout and it should fix the problem.

:peacetwo:

You can add extra perlite and fresh sphagnum moss to your mix when you transplant and it wont hurt a thing. I have been doing it for quite a while and never had any problems. These type of plants love the fresh sphagnum moss and thrive off of it. Most potting soils are made up of mostly sphagnum anyways and already usually contains some perlite. It will help dillute the nutes that are in the potting soil that sits alone as you water it and it joins. :popcorn:

420_Mag_0015.JPG

These are my 2 burnt #4's still looking like runts.

420_Mag_0025.JPG

This photo is of the other 8 that are 21 days old and are under a humidity dome most of the time.

420_Mag_0035.JPG

These are the 2 Aurora Indica's and #1 onthe left is looking pretty nice. I am worried they will get Nute burn like their neighbors.

420_Mag_0045.JPG

The photo above is the tray I put my dome over, AI up front and the others behind.

I am getting a little bummed that they are not growing well, I am seeing new leaves but no new vertical growth or outward growth either. I have a bunch of seeds of the 3 strains so I could start some new ones in a new soil mix but I do not want to go over my 12 limit that the state allows me to have. So that would mean sacrificing some for the greater good of a greater yield or healthier plants, however you want to look at it. I am also worried about my Aurora Indica plants getting burnt, I am going to get some perlite and peat moss to transplant all of them into my 1 gallon buckets with a weaker, less hot mix. Just do not know if I should keep them all or if I should axe some. Any thoughts?

Been checking that journal out PopKulture, thanks for the heads up bro.

Go up to the top of the page and toward the left side you will see USER CP. Click on that and it pulls up all sorts of stuff. Look to the left and you will see signature. Click there. Basically you need to copy and paste the line https://wwww]420 MAGAZINE[/url] from your journal.
Thanks TMAC, did what you said so hopefully it worked:)

420_Mag_0016.JPG

Soil mix 1/3 ProMix 1/3 perlite and 1/3 Fox Farm Light Warrior

420_Mag_0026.JPG

420_Mag_0036.JPG

PH is 6.4

420_Mag_0055.JPG

Most looked similar to this except the Aurora's that had just reached the bottom but did not start gathering at bottom like this one.

420_Mag_0065.JPG

I still left the lights 6-8 inches above for now while I let them settle in and observe how they take to the new soil.

420_Mag_0073.JPG

420_Mag_0083.JPG

420_Mag_0092.JPG

2 Aurora Indicas in back

420_Mag_0111.JPG

2 Northern Lights and 1 Blue Mystic that I did not have buckets for. I think I am going to hit them with 25% nutes to see if it helps them or burns them more. May transplant first. I figure if it kills them I will just plant 1 more of each strain and start them in the pro mix with no nutes.

Looks nice.

Couple of suggestions - look into a small bottle of Superthrive and use as part of the first watering after transplanting. I am pretty sure you don't want to use a humidity dome for the seedlings - clones yes, but seedlings no. Adding some GENTLE air blowing over the top of the seedlings might make sense - helps to strengthen the plant and keeps the seedlings from shooting up too high too quickly. With a little air you should be able to move the light to the seedlings (CFL, right?) - 2" is good if the temps are ok.

:peacetwo:

420_Mag_0055.JPG

This is what most of th eplants looked like befoer I put them in their new home. The AI roots were just showing up at the bottom but I wanted to get them in the new mix before they got cooked.

420_Mag_0065.JPG

420_Mag_0111.JPG

These are the 3 I did not have buckets for yet. May hit them with some nutes to see what happpens.

Hey Pop Kulture, thanks for the advice, I will pick up some Superthrive tomorrow and hope my other 3 buckets are in. I am keeping all of them out of the humidity dome now, not sure if that helped or hurt along the way. Do you think the roots look ok of the pic above? Or is the base of the plant too wet? I guess I just watered a bit before I put them in their new pots so may not be a fair question. I just gave them enough water to be able to get them out without F ing them up. I will lower the lights too, I had them 2-4 inches above before but that was when they started turning brown after a week or so. The temps were fine with them that low as I have a sensor there so I did not believe that they were getting cooked by the lights. You are correct, they are under T-5's / 8 bulb T-5 over the big pots and 4 bulb over the small pots.

I will take some more pics tomorrow.

I hope they all bounce back for you, MJ is a very resiliant plant, but in the seedling stage, their very delicate.
Good luck,
NEPharmer

420_Mag_0027.JPG

Blue Mystic #1

420_Mag_0037.JPG

Aurora Indica #2

420_Mag_0046.JPG

AI #2

420_Mag_0056.JPG

BM#5

420_Mag_0066.JPG

BM#2

420_Mag_0074.JPG

BM#3

420_Mag_0084.JPG

BM#4

420_Mag_0093.JPG

NL#3

420_Mag_0102.JPG

NL#5

420_Mag_0112.JPG

NL#1

420_Mag_0121.JPG

NL#4

420_Mag_013.JPG

NL#2

420_Mag_0017.JPG

Full view

OK today I transplanted the final 3 plants into the same mix as the other 9. I lightly watered the soil of all buckets and stirred to make it light and fluffy. Then transplanted and put the rest of the mix around the rest of the bucket. Was going to hit them with superthrive but then looked at Jorges Bible and remembered I may have had excess salt build up so decided to go with Bio Weed at 1/2 teaspoon per gallon (1 gallon watered in all of 12 of them). We sahll see how they do. I have the lights about 3-5 inches above the plants and watching the heat and humidity. Heat is in the 80-4 degree range and humidity around 35%-39%.

Thanks NEPharmer, I appreciate the mojo, I am hoping they bounce back as well. I am going to learn a lot with this grow I can tell already as I am getting quite the education from you and everybody else on this forum. Trying to look in on all of your grows too to see how you are handling challenges that arise as well. One day I hope to have encouraging words of advice that will help others as well!

Heat at 80 to 84 might be a bit high bro. Bring a fan in and get it closer to 70-75 F. :allgood:

Heat at 80 to 84 might be a bit high bro. Bring a fan in and get it closer to 70-75 F.

Hey THC, this mornig it was at 82.8 and I have seen it as high as 84 but never for very long. I think it was because my flower room had the exhaust fans that cool the 1000W HPS have popped off at a couple different points. I have been leaving it on for the last week to test levels or humidity, temp and CO2. When the exhaust tubing came apart (on 2 different occasions) the temp got up to 90 degrees in the flower room which raised the temp in the veg room. Looking at my written journal in my grow room it looks like the temps under the lights are at 78-80 most of the time, sometimes getting as high as 81.8 or so. The sensor is in the back against the wall so even this AM when it was 82-84 at different times would have been cooler towards the front of the table.

I do have a fan (tower kind that oscillates) and I have been playing with the speeds to dial in the temp and not screw up plants. When I had the babies under the dome I kept it on the highest speed, which is 3 and now I have it on 1 and the temp is 78.2 with 37% humidity. I record the temp and humidity several times a day and 78-80 is more the norm.

Back
Top Bottom