Green Crack Under Light Manipulation

This is an experiment so I guess we will all find out.

This is a copy and paste from the post at the beginning of the journal. I am going to try it for most of the grow until harvest. Veg. and flower.

How Do I Manipulate The Photoperiod For Larger Yields?​

The only photoperiod manipulation from years of experiments that offered discernible improvements was this adjustment made for 1 or 2 calendar weeks at the point of maximum flowering rate: Daylength of 21 hours, 36 minutes with a dark period of 12 hours. To accomplish this, you need a 7 day, 24 hour digital timer. During a 7 day calendar week on Earth, the “sun” only cycles 5 times. This permits easily switching back to the regular 12/12 at your discretion. You may want to only alter during peak flower production to stimulate the plant’s metabolism. Using this photoperiod throughout the flowering cycle will cause this:

A variety that takes 49 days of 12/12 to mature, won’t see 49 – 12 hour dark periods under 21:36/12 until almost 10 calendar weeks have passed. The total increase in light energy is almost 80%, which will produce larger yields, if all of your other environmental conditions are kept optimal. The total increase in flowering period is only 40%, half the potential room for improvement. This means you don’t have to be perfect to win out.

Selective application of the 21:36/12 photoperiod for only 1 or 2 weeks extends the wait only 2 to 4 Earth days, which makes up the missing 2 complete day and night cycles each week on Planet Ito. This permits the additional light energy to be provided without purchasing additional equipment or overloading existing circuits, which maximizes the existing system’s capabilities. The main advantage is that matched with co2 and optimal nutrition, the plants metabolism will increase dramatically. I have only successfully tested this photoperiod for two weeks. The potential for a net increase of 40% over the entire cycle (80% increase in light energy vs. 40% longer wait) is worthwhile. Don’t be afraid!

Day 1 – Sunday, 6:00am til Monday, 3:36am
Day 2 – Monday, 3:36pm til Tuesday, 1:12pm
Day 3 – Wednesday, 1:12am til Wednesday, 10:48pm
Day 4 – Thursday, 10:48am til Friday 8:24am
Day 5 – Friday, 8:24pm til Saturday 6:00pm

Author: MisterIto
I can't wait to see bro cuz then that way I'll be able to understand

This is an experiment so I guess we will all find out.

This is a copy and paste from the post at the beginning of the journal. I am going to try it for most of the grow until harvest. Veg. and flower.

How Do I Manipulate The Photoperiod For Larger Yields?​

The only photoperiod manipulation from years of experiments that offered discernible improvements was this adjustment made for 1 or 2 calendar weeks at the point of maximum flowering rate: Daylength of 21 hours, 36 minutes with a dark period of 12 hours. To accomplish this, you need a 7 day, 24 hour digital timer. During a 7 day calendar week on Earth, the “sun” only cycles 5 times. This permits easily switching back to the regular 12/12 at your discretion. You may want to only alter during peak flower production to stimulate the plant’s metabolism. Using this photoperiod throughout the flowering cycle will cause this:

A variety that takes 49 days of 12/12 to mature, won’t see 49 – 12 hour dark periods under 21:36/12 until almost 10 calendar weeks have passed. The total increase in light energy is almost 80%, which will produce larger yields, if all of your other environmental conditions are kept optimal. The total increase in flowering period is only 40%, half the potential room for improvement. This means you don’t have to be perfect to win out.

Selective application of the 21:36/12 photoperiod for only 1 or 2 weeks extends the wait only 2 to 4 Earth days, which makes up the missing 2 complete day and night cycles each week on Planet Ito. This permits the additional light energy to be provided without purchasing additional equipment or overloading existing circuits, which maximizes the existing system’s capabilities. The main advantage is that matched with co2 and optimal nutrition, the plants metabolism will increase dramatically. I have only successfully tested this photoperiod for two weeks. The potential for a net increase of 40% over the entire cycle (80% increase in light energy vs. 40% longer wait) is worthwhile. Don’t be afraid!

Day 1 – Sunday, 6:00am til Monday, 3:36am
Day 2 – Monday, 3:36pm til Tuesday, 1:12pm
Day 3 – Wednesday, 1:12am til Wednesday, 10:48pm
Day 4 – Thursday, 10:48am til Friday 8:24am
Day 5 – Friday, 8:24pm til Saturday 6:00pm

Author: MisterIto
U the man! Now understand rock on bro can't wait to see the outcome

It's time to find out if this is fact or fiction.
If you are going to say why don't commercial grower do it; I don't know, but I think it's worth a shot. Maybe we will all learn something. Sometimes it's not the destination, but the journey. Hopefully I will have something impressive around week three of flower.
Oh ya, doing this type of grow requires me to pay close attention to the plants cycles since I will not be inducing flower with 12/12.

Hopefully everything will be in place by Friday.
The digital timers appear to be working, but it still a guessing game with them

Sometimes it's not the destination, but the journey.
Hell yes!!! Absolutely agree. This could be a game changer. The semantics and processes are a little hazy because it's different to all of us. In time, it will become clear. Clearly worth it or clearly not. Or somewhere in between!

Won’t having them in 12 hours darkness trigger flower too soon?

I see that Belusi runs his plants at 18 on, 18 off. I always wondered what would happen if we explored outside of a 24 hour light schedule.

Awesome stuff man!

@Nortonnabis
Here’s what I was talking about earlier.
Trial by experimentation.

I have already contemplated that thought, and have decided to run 18/6 for veg and when I switch to flower I will change the like cycle. Also, I tried to switch tents on the Golden Tiger, she a little to big so she will be in the 4x4 for the whole grow. As soon as my new fan comes in I will be scrogging her in the next day or so.

Once the fan is delivered I have to customize my scrog net and string it up to put a stand fan in the tent.

I already built the net for the 2x4 so when the Green Crack gets large enough; I will scrog her also.

This is the thread I originally gave me the idea, too try it.

The more info I come across the more I will share.

Time to update this one also.

As I find more information on the site I will post in in my thread.

@Blue Planet Nutrients has put this lady on cruise control, the Green Crack is coming along nicely. Fim her the other day and yesterday I trim off a couple leaves to get her to busy out for the 2x4 net. She is currently showing signs of nitrogen deficiency so I gave her a boost of 5ml of grow and 2 1/2 ml of cal-mag. Green Crack is a has always been a heavy feeder of cal-mag for me.

Wow, I just noticed I haven't posted any images lately, time to rectify that situation.

That's all for now folks.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends.

I am finding more and more information of light manipulation, and will share what I find. Interesting ideas, views, and approaches.

I know this journal may seem like a rabbit hole, but I am trying to collect all the information I can in one place. That the reason behind the additional links.
So it's not like I am breaking new ground, but I have Ideas.

First, It has been well established the a plant needs 12 hours of darkness for trichomes maturity. It is also known that increasing light time causes the plant to develop more trichomes. This is the premises and the foundation I am working with.

One of the biggest obstacles is setting a timer for the lights (on) periods. Regular digital timers are a challenge programing a full week with ten intervals and not 14. I recently purchased a wifi timer and it has helped greatly, but where I have my tents located at in my house has a very weak signal (large brick house). I am still able to turn the light on and off according to the schedule, but manually on my phone. Ya, I basically program my phone to turn on and off when I need it to daily.
I am retired military, so I am home anyways.

So, the Green Crack is still in veg for about another week or so, and then I will place her in flower. I have been testing this schedule on my other grow she is at day 41 or so of flower (6 of 14 weeks). This test will last for two weeks and then I will change her back to 12/12.

Here a question for you to ponder.

If the additional light will increase yield, will increase darkness speed up the harvest time?
This answer is hinted at in one of the posts provided. :nervous-guy: :rofl:

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

More images to come soon.

I have been testing this light schedule in my 4x4 tent with Aces Golden Tiger. One of the biggest points that I have noticed is thou the plant is in flower stage with 12 hours of darkness, when the lights come on for the 21 hour and 36 minutes the plant acts like it is in vegetative stage the way she is bulking up. She is currently covering a 36 inch circle of the net and getting large, but not for much longer. I will be taking her off this schedule on Monday and put her back on 12/12 for now.

Here are a couple images of the Golden Tiger under light manipulation over the past ten days or so.
Tell me what you think so far?

I believe once I go back to 12/12 for a week or so; she will really show significant development.

Stay safe and grow well my friends.

Thanks for stopping by @oldmanjj

I have a Green Crack in veg right now, but I was running some test on the Golden Tiger. She is currently at week 6 of 14 in flower.
She will be on the 21h and 36m for a couple more days, but I can definitely see the different in the physical structure of the plant. Time to start concentrating on cola/ bud building soon.

Stay tuned it should be interesting.

Looking great, as always Tok!

I recently purchased a wifi timer and it has helped greatly, but where I have my tents located at in my house has a very weak signal (large brick house)
There's a handy device that might help you.
"WiFI over powerline" . It plugs into your router, and uses your electric lines to bring a signal to the room. A 2nd device, then gets plugged in where you need the signal and, and will act as an access/relay point.

Handy little gadget.

Time for the update of Green Crack.
She is about the second or third week of vegetative growth, so I will be putting her in flower real soon. I am going to try light manipulation for the first three weeks of flower to start, and then I will decided where to go form there.
So, the start of flower will be with 21h 36m of light followed by 12 hours of darkness.

Since, this is a non-sponsored experiment; so, I will not say what light I am using until after the experiment is over.
My nutrients are @Blue Planet Nutrients which works out very well for me in hydro.

Here are some current Green Crack images. The rest of this journal will be focused of Green Crack under light manipulation.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Back
Top Bottom