Green Crack Under Light Manipulation

Dli isn’t a meter you buy. It’s an equation based on how much Par for how many hours your plant is receiving. If you have an idea of the strength of your light and the hours of on time, you can calculate the DLI

The Photone app calculates DLI; just enter the #hours you are providing light then measure and it will give you your DLI.

I understand what you are saying, but I am kind of learning as I go. I currently do not own a DLI meter or PAR meter.
I just got to figure a way to get my wife to sign off on a couple hundred dollar meter. :rofl: Fixed income sucks.
You might be able to get around it if you have an older SLR camera and a fresh battery. It involves selecting the right shutter opening and keeping track of the shutter speed. Or maybe it is the other way around. There is an older thread on this msg board mentioning more details.

A digital SLR will work, maybe better. Or a more recently made typical 'point and shoot' digital camera that allows the user to select aperture and/or shutter speed.

Well this was not expected, since I only vegged her for three week and then place her on this light regiment right away; I have not seen the grow I expected. Starting tonight she will be back on 12/12 to try and get her to stretch again or at least more.

Remember this is an experiment. I will be doing this again, next fall.

I think there may be a couple of reasons for this.
1. Did not veg long enough?
2. Going straight to a 21.6/ 12 schedule from a short veg period; may not aloud the plant to enter flowering stage properly?
3. Light may not be strong enough? I don't think this is the issue, but it is something to consider.
4. Is it best to do this after the stretch in flower?
5. Recommend veg time?

These are questions I am asking myself and will eventually answers.

Time for current images.

That's all folks.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Manipulated light schedule like that elongates flower time and therefore elongates transition.

You only waited 4 days to see transition begin under that light schedule. I’ve grown strains that take 7-10 days to notice stretch beginning under 12/12. I think you cut it short too fast, Considering my first point above.

Thank you for stopping by @Farmer Reading
This is a first attempt at this, but I think it needs done a few times to do it right.
I will be doing this again next fall.

I like taming the wild ones.
2 weeks under light manipulation.
Here is Golden Tiger another currently growing.

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger  03-13a.jpg

I guess it's time for another update.

She is not a large plant, only because I am using a lower wattage LED for this first test. The Green Crack is developing nicely, with very many bud sites. She has been back on light manipulation for about a week now, and I am slowly coming to the conclusion that a proper vegetation period of 4 to 6 week (maybe longer) is needed to really explore this option. This fall when I do this again; I will be grow in my 4x4 to possibly illustrate the development of bud sites better.

I believe there is definitely a viable option with light manipulation, but one main thing to consider, heat. I have been running this experiment in the colder months this years to have better control over the heat raise.

Another big thing to consider is the foliation also. With the extended light period vegetation is kicked into overdrive, and this can be an issue when you scrog like I do. I have been trying to keep up with the defoliation, but the regrowth is getting overwhelming. When selecting a seed for this test I selected Golden Tiger, because it is a very hardy strain. It can take the defoliation even during flowering stage, and keep on trucking. The Green Crack is my first grow doing this, but I did play with it on my Golden Tiger.

Current image update.

Did you notice the developing bud site in the last two images?

Tok..

Time for an update and current images.

She has been back on the 21.6/12 schedule for two weeks now, and I plane on going longer, but not sure if I will keep this schedule till harvest, this time. She has been feeding on the lighter side. Her current @Blue Planet Nutrients level is 1150 ppm's at 5.9 ph, solution temp about 68 degrees or 18c.

She is currently showing a fair amount of bud sites for this size plant she is. I have intentionally kept this first step of light manipulation small; so I could better observe her development. That is why I am using an 100 watt LED.

Here are some current images.

I forgot to mention; she about 4 weeks total for flowering stage. She will most lightly end up having a longer flowering period.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom