Greenthumb J's BCNL Producer Grow - 800w DWC - First Grow Ever! Multi-Strain

Re: Greenthumb J's BCNL "Producer" Grow. 800w DWC - First Grow Ever! Multi-Strain

I didn't do the Great White Shark as i couldn't upload more than 50 photos a post, so i will do it later or tomorrow. Enjoy the last post!

Re: Greenthumb J's BCNL "Producer" Grow. 800w DWC - First Grow Ever! Multi-Strain

Great update, Green! Beautiful girls! I think your clones are looking great too. :welldone:

Thanks Magic. I see a few for sure that look like they will be good healthy ones. i really only need maximum 4 clones to root and be good to transplant for my next run in the box there.

So the GF and i have been talking and we BOTH agree that going with a tent is the best way to go for us. Also, i measured our soon-to-be spare bedroom thats empty in 2 days, and i came up with these measurements. 8.5'(almost 9)x12'? not sure the length as my dinky measuring tape on goes to like 10.5 or 11 feet and i couldnt find my heavy duty measuring tape so i'm assuming about 12-13 feet. I can fit 2 8'x4' tents in here, with ducting out throu a doorway which goes into the room my grow box is in currently, then out the windows The main door into this room will open easily, and i MAY have to sneak between the wall and the tent to get to the almost 4 feet of space between the two tents. I will still go for the 8'x8' tent as the Main show, and do some slightly smaller runs in the 2 other tents. Maybe like 2 3x3 scrogs in each tent, but i still need to figure out how my bathtub can feed an 8x8 tent with Two plants that have vegged 2 months, as well as 2 smaller tents that could take on 2 plants each that have vegged for 2 months as well, then the grow box which needs probably 2-4 clones as well to keep it running on Flower schedule. I am drawing out a plan right now, I think it includes one more tent at 4'x4'x6.5' that will sit next to the grow box. I just need something that can veg out 2 large plants for the big 8'x8' tent, as i will be using the bathtub to feed the other 2 or 3 tents.

Here's a quick update on my Veg area. I was able to take the Yo-Yo off the reflector and have it attached directly to the wood frame basically. i now have about a foot of distance between my MH and the canopy which was better than it was at -2 inches haha, in the picture you see a Sativa branch thats taller than the rest of the canopy, this was actually about 1" above the reflector, so quite a difference in the light gap now. I'm thinking this will provide a better condition for my two plants about to go into flower in 3 weeks.

Here's it before:
GEDC0268.JPG

And now heres what it looks like after the change:
GEDC03101.JPG
GEDC03122.JPG

Much better in my opinion! I'm sure the plants agree!

Anyways, thats all for today.. Its been a bust day here on Greenthumb J's journal.

Shit i almost forgot. Heres my self-Pollinated Great White Shark photos. The seeds are starting to take that tiger-striped look which if i have been reading correctly means that they are pretty much ready to be picked and dried and stored:
GEDC02893.JPG
GEDC02902.JPG
GEDC02912.JPG
GEDC02924.JPG

Just a few shots.

Also heres a couple photos of the Sativa branch that is salvageable an will provide some reasonable personal smoke, providing it comes out with some sort of potency for being at least a month premature. The trichomes are really starting to cake on tho:
GEDC02704.JPG
GEDC02713.JPG

And thats my Update for this lovely Skunkday evening!

Greenthumb Out!

(but still creeping journals!!)

I would defoliate your White Widow and Malawi Gold in vegetative growth now if you plan to flower soon. When I defoliate for flower I remove the lower growth and fan leaves, I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the rest of the fan leaves. I also remove an fan leaf that shades a bud site. You can see examples of how I defoliate in my journals. Bassman59 did many journals where he defoliates for a larger harvest.

@Bassman59

Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?

Thanks John! I am planning on buying the first tent next either Tuesday or Wednesday and setting it up on Wednesday. The next day on Thursday i am hoping to buy the 2 6" cooltube reflectors and ballasts and the fan and filter and have it up and ready to go for friday!

I think i am going to run these lights during night time to keep energy costs down, as i will be running my grow box and veg light during the day. I am going to do LED's, probably Znets cause i can daisy chain them and they are nicely priced in the 2 8'x4' tents as well as my future planned 4'x'4 tent, which i might just end up using for drying each plant as it comes down, then i wont have any light in there at all cause The grow box will be too small to dry plants that are 4'+ tall, unless i hack them all up and dry them

Well damn. I forgot your Canadian as well. That's strange lumber prices. I buy 16' 2x4s for 2.44 each. Must have more lumber mills here or something. Never bought wood out west, but it explains why houses cost so much out there.

Bah well onto your tent plan. Good luck bro!

Well damn. I forgot your Canadian as well. That's strange lumber prices. I buy 16' 2x4s for 2.44 each. Must have more lumber mills here or something. Never bought wood out west, but it explains why houses cost so much out there.

Bah well onto your tent plan. Good luck bro!

Plus it just looks suspicious when I'm reserving the elevator to bring in a truck load of wood and some growing equipment haha. Plus there's no space to cut and build here in my apartment, so tent, here I come!

hahaha yea no kiddding.. yea i'm uh, building... bunk beds... thats right.:straightface: have a good night neighbour....

Okay so i'm concluding that the shitty looking leaves were actually signs of Nute burn. I am seeing it now in leaves i left on.

I will do a defoliation and possibly a res change this evening, if not tomorrow morning, of both the White Widow and the Malawi Gold. That will give them just over a week to recover from the defoliation before going into the Flower tent.

Clones are looking good! maybe will do a run of 4 in their own tub and airstone since i have four 12" airstones in the grow box. Wait.. didn't i say i was going to do a re run in the hydro tub? i think i did. I will gauge what i think is the best amount in the 18 site hydro tub while underneath each 400w MH/HPS light (3x6 sites, all top fed). i'm thinking maybe 6? i also want to be able to get in there and work on them when needed, so maybe 4? other than a defol i'm just going to let the clones go to 12/12 early so i dont have to have the scrog in there getting in my way to check and prune plants and also that i am able to harvest them quickly.

I would defoliate your White Widow and Malawi Gold in vegetative growth now if you plan to flower soon. When I defoliate for flower I remove the lower growth and fan leaves, I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the rest of the fan leaves. I also remove an fan leaf that shades a bud site. You can see examples of how I defoliate in my journals. Bassman59 did many journals where he defoliates for a larger harvest.

@Bassman59

Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?

Now why must you get me started on "defoliation" this early in the morning? Eh, it's a good excuse for a new blog entry.

Ah damn! I was wrong Capn. I thought you were going to stir the pot about my decision to try LED's in one of my future tents i am going to buy.

Ah damn! I was wrong Capn. I thought you were going to stir the pot about my decision to try LED's in one of my future tents i am going to buy.

Nah, I'm blue in the face over LED lights. Or should I say PURPLE in the face! I'm sure you have a very good reason for going with LED. Like... someone GAVE them to you, or you found them in sling's dumpster, or you're tired of your colas getting so big that they fall over. :rofl:

I know I know, I'm such a jerk sometimes. :)

like i said before, a funny jerk. :laughtwo:

I'm still going to do HID's dont get your panties twisted!! i want to "try" an LED grow.. Sort of how you dont believe anything until you try it. I've seen some stellar plants grown under LED's and i have seen some shitty ones like you have shown me as well. The one i wanna try isn't going to hurt the bank and if i dont like it i will give it to the GF and she can grow her plants under it/them and i will take back my HPS! My Roommate moved out 2 hours ago, i have a... large second bedroom.. i'll find my good measuring tape and give you some dimensions as well as i guess i can take a picture.. My plan is to throw TWO 8'x4' tents in the room and use either both for flowering, or one for flowering, and the other for the space to veg 4 larger plants for the 2 flowering tents. The current veg area will be used to veg clones for the grow box as well as germination area... pretty much everything not having to do with flowering.

what say you to this?

BTW the LED is going in a small 4'x4' tent that will probably end up being the GF's grow. and this isn't right away, this is down the road after i have gotten these 2 other tents and have set up HID in them. And like i said, its to "try" it and see the results for myself. Dont knock it till you try it right? If i dont like the results, i'll use it to grow my pineapples like i'm plannin on starting in the next couple months.

P.S. - I'm sure i could find lots of things in s1ings dumpster that would be useful to me!

like i said before, a funny jerk. :laughtwo:

I'm still going to do HID's dont get your panties twisted!! i want to "try" an LED grow.. Sort of how you dont believe anything until you try it. I've seen some stellar plants grown under LED's and i have seen some shitty ones like you have shown me as well. The one i wanna try isn't going to hurt the bank and if i dont like it i will give it to the GF and she can grow her plants under it/them and i will take back my HPS! My Roommate moved out 2 hours ago, i have a... large second bedroom.. i'll find my good measuring tape and give you some dimensions as well as i guess i can take a picture.. My plan is to throw TWO 8'x4' tents in the room and use either both for flowering, or one for flowering, and the other for the space to veg 4 larger plants for the 2 flowering tents. The current veg area will be used to veg clones for the grow box as well as germination area... pretty much everything not having to do with flowering.

what say you to this?

BTW the LED is going in a small 4'x4' tent that will probably end up being the GF's grow. and this isn't right away, this is down the road after i have gotten these 2 other tents and have set up HID in them. And like i said, its to "try" it and see the results for myself. Dont knock it till you try it right? If i dont like the results, i'll use it to grow my pineapples like i'm plannin on starting in the next couple months.

P.S. - I'm sure i could find lots of things in s1ings dumpster that would be useful to me!

I'll bow out after this post, but the best advice I can leave you with is this: look for a finished grow under LED that you think is stellar, and you can say, "That grow is sick and I want those same results!"

Then buy the same exact model LED lighting, and follow the lead of that grower.

Thanks s1ing. I see so many really well grown plants that will produce a killer yield grown under LED's its just hard to dispute that they work or they dont work, you know? Do they really give off less heat? or like TheCapn says, does the heat the fans blow off just heat up your room thus making the whole environment as a whole warmer. The gf keeps mentioning that she doesn't wanna pay this ridiculous energy bill every 2 months and that we should use the lower consumption LED's instead (thats how we get billed here in British Columbia anyways) and with my grow box thats 800w of lights, not sure what the actual draw is from the wall, plus my 600w ballast dimmed to 400w cause of light size, plus all other power consumption and our bill is around 50ish a month.

I dont know what thats going to end up being when i add up 2 SIX 600w HID set ups, but the rewards wont have me phased the slightest about maybe a 150 a month bill..

thanks for stopping by s1ing, all the collective knowledge i can get from you class A growers i will take. It will only benefit me on future harvests! I got my eye on those GG#4 girls you have. I hope you got that magic pheno!

I'll bow out after this post, but the best advice I can leave you with is this: look for a finished grow under LED that you think is stellar, and you can say, "That grow is sick and I want those same results!"

No you're right, there isn't enough proof they perform as well. I wanna go balls to the walls on my grow here, but the GF is worried about power costs! she wants the LED's so no one gets suspicious of how much power just 2 people are using in an apartment!

Oh come on, dont bow out.. lets just leave the talk of LEDs in the garbage. I found a local supply, 15 mins away for a 600w HID set up. 6" cooltube reflector, ballast, 600w MH and HPS bulb, yo-yo, and 24hr timer for $200 brand new, its close and i can pick it up same day. This is my plan x 2 for each 8'x4' tent. Probably going to run 3 of these in the large 8'x8' tent. at least 2 for now. I just need to get my inline fan and carbon filter. Not sure what size i should go for to vent an 8'x8' tent. any ideas?

I would say Kushington Farms has some killer 100% LED grows, but thinking about it, he uses like 30+ panels

Back
Top Bottom