Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Mebs, but it would be a lot more informative if it had been done with synthetics. I haven't had a chance to read the paper yet but it seems like there are so many moving parts to organic grows that it I feel like it makes conclusions less conclusive.
I certainly grok that

I too wish that they had done the study with a known synthetic instead of an obscure organic.

I’m thinking that the levels of micros might be intentionally high because chelation and subsequent uptake are iffier with organic sources? So, we might be okay drifting out of “normal” , but probably safer to not get carried away.

Congrats on the harvest! We'll take you at your word I guess... :hmmmm:

There's your proof of harvest. Moved the bud off the drying rack and into a turkey bag tonight.

We don't hit close to those PPMs for micros with synthetics. Are we leaving something on the table or was there just no way for them to compensate for the ride-along factor in their tests?

Brought to you by the same folks that had 100ppm of Chlorine.... :rofl:

Photo updates:. The NAA is just doing it's thing. The Blue Dream babies (front) have some curled under leaves. They either don't like the 30k lux or want me to start supplementing some heat in the tent.

30,000 lux for those? Pretty far off the RQS scale at this age, no?

They were pretty stretchy from living in the shadow of the Glue for a week. I wanted to make sure they didn't stretch much more for a while. Guess I succeeded...lol.

Photo Updates:

The Chems and Blues are starting to get established. They all got a 1/2 gallon of 3.5ml of Faux Tekt®, 7ml FN Micros®, 7ml FN A®, and 7ml FN B.

The N.A.A. just doing it's thing. I should pull her out and thin it here in a few. She drinks 2 gallons about every 4 days. She was dry and just got fed in this pic, so she looks a little wilted. She'll be back to herself by AM.

Photo update:

The NAA got cleaned up and 3 gal of FN nutes; 5 FN Silica, 10ml FN Micros, 10 Ml FN Part A, 10ml FN Part B

The Chemdogs and Blue Dreams got 2 gals each of: 4ml FN Silica, 8ml FN Micros, 8ml FN A, and 8ml FN B. Chems back, Dreams front. I also started the heater in the closet that has the younger plants. Set to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

NAA is at 55k lux and the younger girls are at 35k lux.

I have way too much sound equipment so I added big sound to the weed lab. She's now has 100 watts per channel front right, left, and center, and a 200 watt sub.

She’s looking nice and thick.

Special music to grow by I assume.

Thanks!

I tend to play them "weed music" when I'm in the lab. Wiz, Snoop, Marley, Pink Floyd. Last night after I got it hooked up I had on Roger Waters, The Wall Live In Berlin (DVD, or at least a rip from my DVD since now everything is on my media server and streamed).

You're right about that NAA looking like something out of my garden, but with a heck of a lot more density in the middle! How many flip days is that? And the young'ns are going to enjoy the warmth, as well as the Iron Maiden. :thumb:

It's been 1 month since the flip (October 23rd).

I did work in a little Maiden last night too (Best of the Beast, greatest hits).

I hope those plants can manage to do this with their branches: :headbanger:

The NAA has the sturdiest branches of anything I've grown that's gotten this large. I doubt I'll have to add any supports as they continue to pack weight.

Photo updates:

34 days from flip on the N.A.A. and the same number since seed drop on the Blue Dreams and Chemdogs. The N.A.A.'s colas are starting to add some bulk. Still has a long way to go since I figure her for a harvest date near New Years. Hope she's stacked like a brick house by then.

I upgraded my phone to a Google Pixel 5A. I think the pics look better.

Pictures look better but the plants still look terrific! I hope Thanksgiving went well for the whole farside family and you didn't have to leave in the middle to work! Oh, and don't forget to head here before month's end...

Thanks. I did have to work Thanksgiving again this year. Next year will be an oddity. I will have almost every holiday off for once.

Maybe 2022 is going to be a good year after all!

Hopefully this Covid mess will get under control and I'll be able to take that Riviera Maya/Mexican vacation that I've had to put off for two years now.

Let's hope the new B.1.1.529 variant hasn't found a way around the vaccines or you may have to find a local Riviera. :nervous-guy:

It's been the "local Riviera" for 2 years. First year I lit the back deck with a bunch of blue LEDs, blue solar torches, and green lazer motion lights to make it look like you were surrounded by fireflies. Last year I added 2 umbrellas that hang out over the pool for additional shade. I've tried to make the best of it but it's not quite the same.

Back
Top Bottom