Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Chugging along. The Fruit Punch is the thirstiest and most nute demanding. She drinks twice what the Northerns do. The Triple Cheese are an even green now. The bigger tent could benefit from some supplemental heat, but that's not gonna happen. It's in an open area, whereas the smaller tent is in a confined space.

Photo tent maintenance. Removed bottom leaves and nodes on the Triple Cheese. Everyone got a heavy watering of 2 gal each of the 5's (5g Mega Crop, 5ml Cal-Mag, 5ml Faux-Tekt®). Lowered the light to achieve 30k lux at tops of the Triple Cheese.

Please excuse the intrusion, as we help one of our valued Sponsors.

Sierra Natural Science has been a 420 Mag Sponsor for over a decade, and we finally talked them into getting active in the forums. Please show them around, subscribe and promote this thread and show them how much we truly appreciate them.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any pest or disease control questions for SNS, please let them know in their thread.

Has anyone used SNS before and can share your experience in the thread above? :thanks:

1605661251105.png

Yesterday AM was a big maintenance day. The Autos got a rinse and feed. 2 gallons tap and 2 gallons 6/5/5 feed. The Fruit Punch got some stakes to support her buds. The Northerns are so stout you can't bend her branches so no supports needed. The smell is so fruity and delicious I could probably go without a filter if I desired.

The Triple Cheese Photos got topped and ties for bowl training. Those girls have the potential to be big. The extra tent size and height have allowed me to veg longer than in the old tent.

The Fruit Punch has gone yellow overnight. She's still getting fed plenty, it's more of an end of life thing. She's almost entirely cloudy, waiting for a few amber. The smell of her buds reminds me of PEZ.

The Northerns will be a couple weeks behind the Fruit Punch.

The Triple Cheese are getting big. I need to flip the photo tent soon. The back left Triple Cheese is more nute sensitive. She has a bit of clawing. Don't think she likes the N as much as her big sis.

The Purple Urkles have been topped. I'll wait a few days then flip that tent to bloom.

Hey farside skybound said to msg you haha.
Im currently going through ur 109 pages wtf lol

Just swapped from AN ro MC im a coco dtw and hydro grower.

I dont need to add mg till i see deficieny ok.
Im about to load up flowing the packet.
And n free cslmag at transition
Boost mpk week 1 and 4. 5.6 flower.

Im on mc 2 part 5 12 26
I use fulvic acid. Micros. Kelp. Humics worm cast and benficials. I also have aloe for enzymes and wetting agent alfalfa in tea for trianacol and micro boost.
I do this 1nce a week at the end of my barrel i flood with this drench and continue megacrop (my normal routine) bout to use it for the first time

Foilar fulvics and silica somtimes new 1 here duno when to add it just seen silicablast ups ph like mad tho. Fulvic makes it more avalible.
growth tonic organic like super thrive.but no pgrs

Dya think that wud makeup for the micros sky states mega is short of? Or would that be for the 1 part he quoted me on

Any additions i need?

Do i follow the MC bag to a t?
Boost. Mkp wk 1 456
And add micros wrekly with bennies

Or changes? Ur buds are fat as fk what led u got there

Hey farside skybound said to msg you haha.
Im currently going through ur 109 pages wtf lol

Just swapped from AN ro MC im a coco dtw and hydro grower.

I dont need to add mg till i see deficieny ok.
Im about to load up flowing the packet.
And n free cslmag at transition
Boost mpk week 1 and 4. 5.6 flower.

Im on mc 2 part 5 12 26
I use fulvic acid. Micros. Kelp. Humics worm cast and benficials. I also have aloe for enzymes and wetting agent alfalfa in tea for trianacol and micro boost.
I do this 1nce a week at the end of my barrel i flood with this drench and continue megacrop (my normal routine) bout to use it for the first time

Foilar fulvics and silica somtimes new 1 here duno when to add it just seen silicablast ups ph like mad tho. Fulvic makes it more avalible.
growth tonic organic like super thrive.but no pgrs

Dya think that wud makeup for the micros sky states mega is short of? Or would that be for the 1 part he quoted me on

Any additions i need?

Do i follow the MC bag to a t?
Boost. Mkp wk 1 456
And add micros wrekly with bennies

Or changes? Ur buds are fat as fk what led u got there

Wow, that's a lot going on! You say you're a hydro grower in coco, yet speak of humics, castings, beneficials, etc, which is more of an organic soil thing. Seems like you're playing both ends of the spectrum, which is unnecessary. I like Mr Miyagi's quote:

"Daniel-san, walk on road. Walk right side safe. Walk left side safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, get squish, just like grape."

Mega Crop is a complete nutrient. It has all the necessary macro and micro nutrients in it for plant growth. Myself, I like to add more silica than Mega provides, and I dabble with a bit of cal mag. Silica does increase the pH of your solution a lot. Some of the hydro guys find they can't use more than 1ml per gallon without having to use large amounts of pH down to get to their desired 5.8-6.0. In a buffered media, I can go up to 5ml per gallon with no issue.

As for increasing P&K in flowering, there is no scientific evidence showing the plants ratio of elements required changes that dramatically. The plant is hungrier and requires more fertilizer, but uses the elements in roughly the same ratios as it did in it's growth phase. The notion of switching feeds is more of a marketing ploy to get you to buy more products, and years of "stoner wisdom". Think for a moment, in nature, do the clouds open up and rain extra Potassium and Phosphorus in the late summer and fall? Or does the soil magically change composition? They do not. The first several pages of this thread spells it out more and gives references.

In the smaller tent (32"x32"),currently flowering autos, I am using a VS XS2000. The 36"x36" tent sports a custom built 300w strip light using Bridgelux 3500, 2ft strips.

Wow, that's a lot going on! You say you're a hydro grower in coco, yet speak of humics, castings, beneficials, etc, which is more of an organic soil thing. Seems like you're playing both ends of the spectrum, which is unnecessary. I like Mr Miyagi's quote:

"Daniel-san, walk on road. Walk right side safe. Walk left side safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, get squish, just like grape."

Mega Crop is a complete nutrient. It has all the necessary macro and micro nutrients in it for plant growth. Myself, I like to add more silica than Mega provides, and I dabble with a bit of cal mag. Silica does increase the pH of your solution a lot. Some of the hydro guys find they can't use more than 1ml per gallon without having to use large amounts of pH down to get to their desired 5.8-6.0. In a buffered media, I can go up to 5ml per gallon with no issue.

As for increasing P&K in flowering, there is no scientific evidence showing the plants ratio of elements required changes that dramatically. The plant is hungrier and requires more fertilizer, but uses the elements in roughly the same ratios as it did in it's growth phase. The notion of switching feeds is more of a marketing ploy to get you to buy more products, and years of "stoner wisdom". Think for a moment, in nature, do the clouds open up and rain extra Potassium and Phosphorus in the late summer and fall? Or does the soil magically change composition? They do not. The first several pages of this thread spells it out more and gives references.

In the smaller tent (32"x32"),currently flowering autos, I am using a VS XS2000. The 36"x36" tent sports a custom built 300w strip light using Bridgelux 3500, 2ft strips.
thanks for the informative reply dude. ud cry at my old line, 6 years ive run advanced nutrients, mastered them and worked my yields led to 1.9gpw and hps 0.7-1gpw unless i do my hydro system. then shit goes nuts,

i run 2 systems my bad there, atm i have

1200w 3030 led room - rdwc 250litres 5000lph.
1200watt hps room -coco drain to waste system airpots,

when i used advanced nutes til now this was my lineup

grow a
grow b £69 a pair
advance b vit £23
advanced voodo £25
advanced nirvana £25

bloom a
bloom b 69 a pair
big bud £25 x2 or 4 in hydro
bud candy £25x2 or 4 in hydro
nirvana £25
rhinoskin £39
xfactor £60
overdrive £35
flawless finnish £20

since seeing results of using beneficials, i tested for years i started adding bennies and dechlorinated water,
to increase their effecitve ability i brew teas ,

earth castings,
3 beneficials i have which contain humic and kelp too,
il use mollasses or if not botanicare tea to boost sugars and food for bennies,
i add fulvic acids pure to chelate and a number of other reasons,
aloe has enzymes and alot fo properties i love its a wetting agent if foilar

and recently i was gona go to sumo nutes for the trianacol pgr organic results look mad allround in agriculture then i found out if i grow a handful alfalfa in my teas ive got it.. (all this is basicly nirvana/voodoo/budcandy in 1 and made by me brewed)

but while small or in veg i have an organic stimulator which is growth hormones and micro nutes, its for me cuts but i spray the plants with it also as its a tonic and small as hella u can soak seeds in it neat, soi just use the same bottle to spray them,

i have silica its new to me, silicablast, grow shop sent me it as a replacement for stock didnt have

so i brew my teas and innoculate weekly thats all really,
i dropped advanced but i am doing a comparison to MC 4 v4 under 600w predetor pannels coco DTW 1 hr feeds
to see difference in using cheap salts

to me MC and salts seemed too good to be true as ive always been told..if it is...then.. but it seems to be true lol instead of 400+ a grow its now 100 over 5 grows in total all in i am scared my yield will be less after a few comments seen..but but i duno if that was all to the 1 part.
i hope lol, i never hit less than 35 with advanced in my tent, so if i can do that minimum id be happy my best was 51 and that swas when i used my bennie teas
since then im a steady 35 to 45 with no effort just a massive hole in my pocket,
but if mc can replace my 10 bottles for a fraction of the price and still yeild the same thats great,

i cant get my head around not using boosters lol it kils me i feel like my tanks empty haha espeshly mixing a clear and not black haha

now i wana do MC ofc but i love my bennie tea, so i was going to incorperate that aswel, ive seen peep saying MC lacks micro nutes and elements are low values after the npk, so i guessed my teas shoudl replenish whats missing.but alot of info is based on the old MC 1 part, and im using 5 12 26 lol.

I use the 1 part MC product. You are using the 2 part product but only mention Part A and not Part B. If you're only using Part A, beyond the Nitrogen, you are missing all the Calcium in Part B. I would expect that to become problematic. Part A does have all the other micros in it, and in sufficient quantities. The N-P-K ratio of Part A is the 5-12-26 you reference, which simplified is more like 1-2-5. I like a ratio of 2-1-3 throughout the plants entire lifecycle.

Flipped the photo tent this AM. Lights on will now be 7PM, lights off 7AM. If I chop the Fruit Punch this weekend, I'll be starting some new photos shortly thereafter. By the time they'll need up-potted from solo cups to 5 gallons, the Northerns should be out of the way. Next on the docket is Gelato and Zkittlez.

Flipped the photo tent this AM. Lights on will now be 7PM, lights off 7AM. If I chop the Fruit Punch this weekend, I'll be starting some new photos shortly thereafter. By the time they'll need up-potted from solo cups to 5 gallons, the Northerns should be out of the way. Next on the docket is Gelato and Zkittlez.
my bad i do have teh calnit b also i just assumed that would haven been classed in par with my previous mention hehe thats me being a stoner thinking everyone knows what im thinking lol
yeah ive always gone with the assumption of plants get all the N in veg and then through transition weaned down til almost if not trace, by the end, and no real hard reason to flush then either, but boosting the p and k, being in coco too that released p already if im not mistaken so k and mg are only factors that may require a boost

mg if problem shows, and a light pk boost like 0 9 18 recipie from week 4 though peeps keep telling me week 1 and stop again increases flower sites, ...your sating you raise that through the entire grow already?

i can see your theory on the land all being the same throughout the year, same as the farmers dont flush the veg fields,
but dont feed high n either it depletes by the end and they rotate or add it back . cool
but wouldnt different microbes at different temps breakdown and release certain things at times of the year? or are the plants selective in what they take and when and will ignore the extra until needed ?no tilsoil i saw sky do i guess.. but i dont understand why they dont burn up like if i gave all my nutes in 1go lol
interesting,

but is it that we have found the apple tree not growing aswel as it could be if we better met needs of the plant? then came boosters? fun lol, im researching all this as i go lol thinking onthat said apple tree though it does show alot of deficiency's on leaves in which i would be addressing as they came before what time of fruit onset hmmm

yeah so im doin the full advance line on 1 side of tent and the mc 2part on the other, as comparison all strain same all grow gear the same. so i just wana make sure i get the max from MC after finding posts saying yeild suffered majorly and others saying it went above and beyond, curious those who complained though either using old MC versions posting recently or previously comparing to synthetic PGRS

hard to leave the market hype when i baught in so long ago, but im trying lol and u guys are doing amazing work if we was face to face with a spliff id love to pick ur brains haha

Back
Top Bottom