Harvest and cure fears! Am I the only one?

NorCAKnowYourGrow

I almost have to laugh at myself. I’m so freaked out I will harvest too early or too late, screw up the cure....God knows what.

So many differing views on cure. So many differing views on preharvest flush, don’t flush, gives nutes, don’t give nutes. Or when to stop giving nutes. How the hell do I know when it’s two weeks out so I can stop with the nutes??? Or do I stop? Especially if I seem close to harvest but I have an apparently Ca deficiency that spread like wild flower in one plant.

I don’t want a couch lock high. But I don’t want to harvest too soon but I’m struggling with my old eyes to see - are those Trichomes really clear?? Or is that cloudy I see? Seems cloudy from above but then I catch a side view and I’m like.....ummmmm....maybe not??!!?

OMG...enough to freak this newbie out. Lol!!!!

I canNOT be the only new grower afraid all my daily hard work is going to bomb.

Try and buy a usb microscope or get a clip on one for your phone, I struggle badly with my eyes and the sun microscope works well for me, harvest at 25% amber and you will get a great result, the 25% of amber ensures there's a very slim chance there's 10-20% clear trichomes, well this is how I do it that is.

I just went through my first grow and am almost completed my first week of curing in jars. The worst that could happen at this stage is mildew, it was one of my biggest concerns at the final stage of my grow. The way I prepared for harvest is I slowly lowered my ppms down to 200-250 range while not completely stopping nutrients altogether as advised by a few growers here and lowered my humidity to 40% and just gave em sugars and calcium in my final 2 weeks. I ended up cutting early and had about 60% cloudy trichomes. I had a sample recently and find that smoke is not harsh at all and the smoke is great. You'll be good.

Try and buy a usb microscope or get a clip on one for your phone, I struggle badly with my eyes and the sun microscope works well for me, harvest at 25% amber and you will get a great result, the 25% of amber ensures there's a very slim chance there's 10-20% clear trichomes, well this is how I do it that is.
I have a loupe and still struggle! Lolol!!!!

I just went through my first grow and am almost completed my first week of curing in jars. The worst that could happen at this stage is mildew, it was one of my biggest concerns at the final stage of my grow. The way I prepared for harvest is I slowly lowered my ppms down to 200-250 range while not completely stopping nutrients altogether as advised by a few growers here and lowered my humidity to 40% and just gave em sugars and calcium in my final 2 weeks. I ended up cutting early and had about 60% cloudy trichomes. I had a sample recently and find that smoke is not harsh at all and the smoke is great. You'll be good.
I have an outdoor grow so no control on humidity....hmmmmmm

Hey @NorCAKnowYourGrow ... I put together a research summary in post #66 ... June 20, 2019 - Update ... Lessons Learned section (scroll down the page and you'll see the Lessons Learned section) if you want to read through it here ... Research on Harvesting, Drying and Curing (Paper Bags and Jars).

It is based on info from this thread ... DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

It is a good start for me to reference when the time comes!

thats a great post.
i appreciate being able to know how the method turned out for them.

in real life there isnt many people you can just discuss how to dry and cure weed, and most people would have no clue where or how to start anyways!!

thats a great post.
i appreciate being able to know how the method turned out for them.

in real life there isnt many people you can just discuss how to dry and cure weed, and most people would have no clue where or how to start anyways!!

Hey @Hdinkleman ... good points. For me ... the dry and cure are critical ... you mess that up, ... and it's tons of money and time down the drain.

That's why I tried to write up the method as a combination of theory and example ... but it also reads like a "how to" recipe.

My understanding is, ... if you don't cure slow, you get poor taste ... poor quality.

sorry for the double post but your thread is pretty badass.
i am still reading more about your drying experience, im currently going through it and your description level in the posts is awesome. @SQl2kGuy

:adore::adore::adore::Namaste::thumb:
Please read it through it about three times ... focusing on understanding the stages and how they get you to the end result ... it will just click ... and you will have that "light bulb" moment.

Please read it through it about three times ... focusing on understanding the stages and how they get you to the end result ... it will just click ... and you will have that "light bulb" moment.

already had the light bulb, i liked your post because i did the same thing. i had to figure some things on my own. i was not 100% sure i went about things the right way, but reading your posts gives me some reassurance that i did it the right way. mainly because i was able to come to the same conclusions you did, but we both get to that point independently

Back
Top Bottom