Henman's Soil Sour Diesel Grow Journal 2013

looking good. I would stop trimming the plant at this point in time.

Well shucks. That means the cost of the entire grow will far succeed the value of the harvest.
I am going to buy a Y splitter and another bulb to double the amount of light, though.

Haha damn I'm starting to hate this country. You could just about get a regular 3x loupe for 3 quid here

I got right at an ounce and 3/4's using a 42 watt cfl before 12/12 from seedling (2-3 weeks after poppping) to harvest, same strain, no lst. Buds were so-so airy, frost fairly light, potency pretty good...I use Hid's now but did a second grow with lots of cfl's and 6 two litre potted plants and got anywhere from 3/4 of an ounce on the worst to an ounce and a half on the best...averaged like 46-47 grams/plant if I remember right; same strain, buds were a little denser that time and prettier "bag appeal" but still light on frost.

So just hang in the and see "what will be, will be" once its all over. I find it hard to believe you'll get less than 3/4-7/8 oz on what my eyes see.

PS-go HID...next time; much, much better results imho

I would like to think of the experience as worth quite a bit :)
And after you purchase anything it's yours for many grows to come!

Wise words from wise men! I have learnt a really good deal and it's been, and still is, a fantastic experience.

You Got a nice grow and I'm in for the rest of the ride.
I love to follow different ways of growing.
You have a healthy pretty girl there congratulations:Namaste:.

Very welcomed and thanks :)

looking good. I would stop trimming the plant at this point in time.

Danko! Well, we'll see about that ;) I do trim still, but only necessary leafs that would otherwise shadow bud sites.

I got right at an ounce and 3/4's using a 42 watt cfl before 12/12 from seedling (2-3 weeks after poppping) to harvest, same strain, no lst. Buds were so-so airy, frost fairly light, potency pretty good...I use Hid's now but did a second grow with lots of cfl's and 6 two litre potted plants and got anywhere from 3/4 of an ounce on the worst to an ounce and a half on the best...averaged like 46-47 grams/plant if I remember right; same strain, buds were a little denser that time and prettier "bag appeal" but still light on frost.

So just hang in the and see "what will be, will be" once its all over. I find it hard to believe you'll get less than 3/4-7/8 oz on what my eyes see.

PS-go HID...next time; much, much better results imho

Hm, that does sound a little too hopeful to me, but who am I to argue with no experience behind me. If I could hit an ounce I would be more than satisfied with this grow. Regarding light, I'm thinking hard about investing in better. But I'm leaning more towards LED, considering my cab space, heat and electricity cost.
But yes, like you said, what will be, will be ;)

While I'm at it, day 27 of flower, things progressing like usual. A lot of the smaller bud sites have started producing pistils and I think now that there are more site with pistils than site without.

reach for the sky! youll probably get heavier harvests if you leave the fan leaves with them. the more the better!

He he. Loving the training my friend real cool. You know I like my training, Gonna have to say your experiences on this run will be invaluable. You should be able to get far better yield as you grow as a grower. There's never a fail just another lesson learned. Just always try to leave a fan leaf each node to support the buds production. I think you will do quite well of her, just no more defol! So plus reps for great traning.

subbed, good looking grow:high-five:

glad to have you here! much appreciated :passitleft:

reach for the sky! youll probably get heavier harvests if you leave the fan leaves with them. the more the better!
He he. Loving the training my friend real cool. You know I like my training, Gonna have to say your experiences on this run will be invaluable. You should be able to get far better yield as you grow as a grower. There's never a fail just another lesson learned. Just always try to leave a fan leaf each node to support the buds production. I think you will do quite well of her, just no more defol! So plus reps for great traning.

haha ok ok no more defol!
thanks LA, yeah I must say it's been so much to learn this first grow, i feel confident in that the next grow should far outweigh the results of this one.
so one fan leaf is enough to feed both bud sites at a node?
thanks för the reps, i'll value them greatly!

:peace:

a fan leaf only creates energy for a plant. even when a plant is hungry, a fan leaf will not bottleneck a grow, it'll actually do the opposite and sacrifice itself as energy for new growth (if there is not enough food in the medium)

a fan leaf is much more efficient at creating energy than a flower and it's small leaves.

grow on :)

So, what defines a fan leaf really? I could do the research myself but if someone has it available at their fingertips, that'd be wonderful :blunt:
This might sound really noobish, but I'm eager to learn and I really want to know the difference here. Because all the leafs look the same (more or less) and the stems shooting out from the nodes out of the "main" stems have these leafs. What leafs are good to cut and not? And does it really make a difference, because I have some shoots that are way bigger, without fan leafs, than their adjacent shoot with one.

cutting off a leaf = lost energy

cutting/pinching off a flower sight (like tomato gardeners do) will move the energy to other flower sights. many people lollipop or pinch of the lowest flowers of their plants, if their plants get too tall to redirect energy to the top flowers/fruits.

removing fan leaves is a waste of time and energy while removing bud sights CAN be helpful or harmful.

your plant looks setup very well. I would just let it do its thing now and overgrow, especially since you're pretty deep in flower.

remember, in flower the plant does not produce a lot more leaves or bud sights, it switches its focus to fattening up the current flower sights.

Wow lots of good info there guys!

Hi Henman- Just checking in-she sure has a lot of buds- bet she smells wonderful. :goodjob:

Hm, it seems like it's a controversial topic, defoliation. Maybe it all boils down to vary from grow to grow and strain to strain. Maybe even just personal preference. Since it's my first ever grow and only one plant it's hard to make any comparisons with an equally trained, non defoliated plant. Maybe some day in the future!

Wow lots of good info there guys!

Hi Henman- Just checking in-she sure has a lot of buds- bet she smells wonderful. :goodjob:

Yes she's budding like crazy :D Pistils flying everywhere! And oh yes I wish you could smell it! It's not overwhelmingly strong yet, but the entire walk-in closet is smelling, especially the day after watering her ;)
My and my partners clothes are going to smell sooo nice after this :D: Luckily, there was a pretty big vent already installed in the closet, so the smell doesn't leak into the rest of the apartment.

So, a tiny tiny update goes here. She's starting to swell up now, as the calyxes is getting visible through the pistils!

BUT it seems I have a hermie on my hands, after all :rollingeyes:
The bastard sack is getting pinched off later this evening

Sorry to see that pop up. I'd definitely get rid of it asap and keep out a close eye for more.
The buds look beautiful though!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom