Holy Grail Kush From Seed: Stacked Rubbermade Container Grow

Hey chib your grow space looks nice from the top pic there.Are you able to lower those lights it seems from that view they are kinda high?
that hgk is full of resin :yummy:

Thanks man,

Of course! They are actually quite close.

About 4' away or so from both plants :p

And I know right? It's looking way better than the original commercial smoke that it came from !

are your Compact Florescent Lights really 4 feet away? with Compact Florescent Lights you want to place them close to your plants, just to the point you can not feel any heat from them, try placing your Compact Florescent Lights 5-6 inches from your plants.

are your Compact Florescent Lights really 4 feet away? with Compact Florescent Lights you want to place them close to your plants, just to the point you can not feel any heat from them, try placing your Compact Florescent Lights 5-6 inches from your plants.

I don't know why I always do that to myself..

I meant to put inches, not feet! Haha

Rockstar updates, Week 3?

bo9x.jpg

0hho.jpg

jpbo.jpg

Gimped piece of shit... lol

Now, I know a lot of people advice to not cut the fan leafs during veg.

I on the other hand decided to try things my own way and they seem to be fine, No noticeable shock was caused to my plant.
I probably wont be doing this again after doing a lot of research on the topic, but oh well.

I did it because of the awkwardness of my cab, the lights from the top will not hit the middle leafs no matter where I place the lights.
Some leafs under the fan leafs were actually drooping from lack of light, so nobody can tell me that light penetrates those gargantuan fan leafs to the bottom, If it does it's surely not enough light.

My argument is that growing indoors is nowhere near natural, So trimming to allow more light could prove a good thing.
Direct sunlight is able to penetrate around the plant where as our CFL's are only able to penetrate a couples of inches.

Trimming fan leafs on an outdoor plant = no,
Trimming fan leafs in regular indoor grow = no
Trimming in a confined space to allow more light to bottom structure = maybe good ?

I know all plants react completely differently to defoliation but these Kush strains seem to not give two shits about it.

You can see how much bushier she is already. The bottom has really picked up.

24xf.jpg

tn0u.jpg

laea.jpg

At this point all that defol would do is make a different structure , it is young enough it will just grow how you train it , it is when you are ready to flip it makes a huge different as you will need a suitable amount of fans to produce product. At this point no worries it is all bonzai action you might create a monster out of it but give it extra veg time to ensure it gets over any tiny bit of shock before flower to ensure it puts energy in to flower not repairs. The smaller leaves on the branches will take over the job of supplying bud sites with energy and food when it gets later in to its maturity. Happy bonzai and welcome to growing my friend , looks great! (Still working my way down your journal ;) )

Rockstar updates, Week 3?

bo9x.jpg

0hho.jpg

jpbo.jpg

Gimped piece of shit... lol
lol I know this breeder! I mean if it is Medman Rockstar I mean.... BTW it is a lil gimped but it is healthy it is giving you the "High fives" meaning it is growing in happiness atm.

Hey man thanks a lot for checking my grow out :)

I feel it goes a bit unnoticed in comparison to other ones here, probably because my plant got to such a bad state I guess people just lost hope or something.

Who is the breeder of the rockstar? I would love to know as that was probably my favorite weed in a long time. Such a delicious taste followed by a punch to the face high lasting hours. I'm looking really forward to seeing her turn into a mature girl.
I think the problem was the miracle grow, enough of that crap for me!

And hey, Thanks a lot man!

I've tried my best to make this work out with what I've got and never gave up, I guess It helps when you really enjoy what you're doing though. It just gets easier and easier from here out, From failure to solution which is always an asset to have for the next journey.
I've said it before though, the HGK is a true warrior, I don't know if many other plants could have taken the beating she did.

More pictures from today and last night.

Supercropped the Chemo because she was getting way to fucking tall. Developing 2x the speed my HGK was/is, perfect example of a plant that's taken a beating and one that's lived an easy life haha. She just got her full dose of nutes yesterday, impressed how much as she was kicking for such a light dosage I was giving her.

Also realized that I've been 2xing my nutes because the damn guy at the hydro shop pointed me to the wrong section in the recipes :s oh well doesn't look like they seem to care :p

HGK - Anyone have a rough estimate on how much longer for it? I'm guessing 4-5 weeks.

wmeg.jpg

5dnu.jpg

gjel.jpg

81vi.jpg

f3ps.jpg

s0xp.jpg

Chemo - should be finishing around same time as HGK

kp4u.jpg

uw41.jpg

1pvy.jpg

w2pe.jpg

Family <3 = Full cab
zj7l.jpg

:high-five::goodjob:
I dont know on your HGK since Ive never grown it or many other kinds:hmmmm: but you can just keep watching for the pistils to slow down or stop new growth of them and then turn color,Then they will almost shrivel or retreat down to calyx's that begin to swell with resin weight in the last couple weeks.People use a scope to judge trichromes going from clear heads to cloudy which some people like at this stage which could be a high thc time,then those trichs/thc will degrade showing amber color , on some/many strains, and begin converting to cbn giving the couch lock feel. And from looking at the chemo now I do not feel it finishing as soon as HGK... Nice supercrop there too keeping canopy level but I wouldnt do it again near that spot since it heals strong and will probably snap :allgood:

-Rockstar looks good and is position for Fluxing
You can find out about that here Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal
-HGK in 2 weeks huh, looks very tastey but still going good,I wonder if your flower time was extended from her bumps in the road.I have pulled early for space and just the need. Its your call and by the looks will be killer whenever you harvest
-Im begining to want to try and grow hempy style :cheer:

Yeah I think I extended it by a couple weeks for sure by all the stress she's been through.

I'm probably going to yield like a half ounce, there really isn't much too her but she sure is caked in THC.

The Hempy method is fantastic and I'll be doing it again, I love how easy it is to work with and it produces some fantastic results...

If I did I would probably try your nutrient line and the perlite with something added to hold a little more moisture for me like maybe vermiculite because I cant be responsible for near daily waterings:peace:

I've just read a lot of posts with people preferring 100% perlite opposed to 75% and anything else. You could go 3 days without watering if you're using 1 gallons at max. 2 days is preferred though, even with 75% 25% verm you'll still need to water frequently.

Also heard that verm likes to collect at the bottom and sort of separates itself from the perlite, if you're looking for something that'll hold more moisture you should perhaps try 50% perlite and 50% coco.

I've just read a lot of posts with people preferring 100% perlite opposed to 75% and anything else. You could go 3 days without watering if you're using 1 gallons at max. 2 days is preferred though, even with 75% 25% verm you'll still need to water frequently.

Also heard that verm likes to collect at the bottom and sort of separates itself from the perlite, if you're looking for something that'll hold more moisture you should perhaps try 50% perlite and 50% coco.

Thanks for the suggestions man The only time I tried hempy was with a clone in a 2L pop bottle with only perlite and used the Gen Organics nutes I use in my soil,it didnt last long enough to start flower.Its was tipped over just before I was leaving for a few days so I just put her in soil then and never tried hempy style again.

Back
Top Bottom