How Long Til A Bud Forms After Putting It Into The Flowering Stage?

Oldmeduser, thats great that you got to see part of this great state.

As far as growing up here its dang if you do and dang if you don't in the interior.

I started the big one on april 16th and put them into flowering 10 days after the longest day of the year up here which is pretty much 23 hours of daylight, lol.

I was thinking my next grow will start on Feb 1st and let them veg til May 1st then have a dark shed outside that I can roll them out for the sunshine and back in for the dark period to let them flower in the summer.

Even now theres 16 hours of daylight but its to chilly for the plants to keep growing. The leaves on the trees will start to turn yellow in about two weeks. Supposed to be in the upper 30s at night for a couple of days later in the week, so on to a new closet, lol. ( my heat bill could break me if I don't kick myself into gear, grins.)

I'd like to have a shed on wheels. 10 x 10 or so with rubber wheels off a small farm implement. Get the plants all vegged up in my shop like you plan then outside in bigger pots to root in good from mid June for a couple weeks then start the 12/12 1st of July. Occasional early frost but under cover with my double-headed Mr. Heater going there wouldn't be a problem. We'll be 15 hours at the end of the month then downhill fast from there. :)

I'm starting an auto breeding program with some crosses I've made to winnow out the true autos and breed more seeds. Lots of old dugouts around to plant all you want. I have a large borrow pit on my 7.5 acres but don't want to get caught with a couple hundred plants growing around it. lol 80 x 50 x 4 yds deep

Now I'm starting to think about checking out houses for sale in Stewart. Sick of this place and about ready to go. Mom keeps bugging me to head out to the Okanagan and stay with her. 88 now and could use some help around the house. The wife wants to stay here so might just go to BC. Can't work full time but might be able find part time sales work in one of the many hydro stores in the area.. That is a job I'd like. Talking to people all day about growing pot. Set up grow rooms on the side for a few extra bux. An old man's dreams. :)

L8r

0022445.JPG
0081548.JPG
0032342.JPG
O.K. an update. The weather turned shitty real quick and the garage was out of the question for the moment so I have this room that I don't use much and lined a little alcove with foil and MOVED the plant. Dang that was hard on me, tied her up like a christmas tree and dolleyd her 75 feet over bumps and up 3 steps into the house and then to her new home. Buy the time I got her that top flower was leaning almost in half,ACKKKK. Gave her some water and threw a 500 watt halogen light at her about an hour ago, will shut it down at her bedtime at 8pm. Don't think I will do any more to her for a couple of days and then I will spread the branchs so they can get most of the light she is supposed to get. That was tramatic.
0071708.JPG

rockskipper: You're getting valuable experience this time around. Next time, you'll know what to get done sooner, and avoid some of the timing errors (like trying to move a mature plant indoors at a moment's notice!) She will be fine there until you get a proper indoor space constructed.

addendum: She will perk up nicely now that she's in a warm indoor space. Fairbanks is going downhill fast. First frost is not far away, although you may get an "Indian summer" before termination dust sets in for good.

Yep 32 degrees here on thursday they say, It was time, lol. ( the heater kept it around 65-70 but she knew something was going on.

And where are your friends when you need them ? lol. Called 3 people and all went to voice mail, so I did this move on my own.

Yep 32 degrees here on thursday they say, It was time, lol. ( the heater kept it around 65-70 but she knew something was going on.

And where are your friends when you need them ? lol. Called 3 people and all went to voice mail, so I did this move on my own.

There are 3 "friends" that aren't getting any! If they aren't willing to help with the crop, they aren't getting any of the fruit. Just as well, anyway. Your Lady is safer in the house, and the fewer people who know where you live and what you have inside, the safer you'll be.

She is not going to flourish with a halogen light, The spectrum is near useless for growing with. Bright as hell to you or me but to your plant it's dim at best. I used my my 500 to light up my plant in the shop when I sprayed her for bugs. The missed spots on the undersides of the leaves really stands out under that glare. Showed me what a crappy job I did the first spray. Took almost a quart to do the one plant but any spots missed may have mites that will keep the tribe alive. Triple what I used the first time. She had the top clipped and the same to all the side branches a month ago and has filled up the middle with a couple hundred bud sites since. Lot of leaves to treat.

NL5Girl-230815-011.JPG

L8r

Yea I hear you on that OldMed, it was just sorta of a heat and light blast from where they had been the last few days. Almost 3 inchs of rain and cool temps outside. I am going to set her up with some other lights but that is all I had at the moment and she seems to like it, lol.

My other lights are on the other one in the previous picture ( the smaller one which is getting huge now in my master bath/shower ) so I have to outfit this one with a new set.

O.K. update.

I hope you all can help me out on this, Is this a nanner?

It was a tramatic move for her and I would'nt be suprised.
0111113.JPG
0101282.JPG
0091392.JPG
0081560.JPG

Thanks for the help.

Looks like a single ball to me. Got yourself an intersex plant I believe. AKA hermie. That's a single male flower from what I'm seeing. Keep an eye on it and if it starts to split open carefully snip it out of there. They aren't full of dusty pollen that will puff out if you break it. Takes a day or so after they open before the pollen starts floating around.

Check carefully for more of them and if more pop up then, well, hermies gotta die. :rip:

L8r

Waste not, want not. I don't see any reason to terminate hermies as long as they are making trics. Just isolate them from the rest of the grow with some kind of large clear plastic (a garment bag, perhaps?) and bring the hermie to harvest. That will be your private stash. I'd pluck and toss the naners into the shake bin with anything else you trim that has trics.

Like OldMedUser said, keep an eye on it and snip naners out before they open. I don't see any trics on your Lady, yet, but it is worth trying to keep her going, after all the hard work you put into her.

Totally correct AKG

I meant to add that it depends on things like, if it's the only plant then pick male flowers off to reduce chances of pollination or you end up with lower yields and a lot of useless seeds. Then it will develop OK and you'll get some decent bud off it. Don't worry about smoking intersex pot as it won't cause you to change your sexual preferences. :;):

Keeping a hermie with a room full of flowering girls is courting disaster tho. It's so easy to miss a ball here and there and mess everybody up so it has to be removed at least. If a space far removed is available to flower it out then by all means do that.

I was falling asleep at the wheel last night and wasn't on top of my game. :)

L8r

Yea, shes by herself and have no intention of killing her off til the bitter end, lol.

I kinda knew that I was going to stress her out on the move, but was kinda suprised as to how fast a plant can go hermie. ( 3 days ? That wasnt there when I moved her )

And the tricks are just starting to show under the 30x loupe.

I'm just going to clip it and see what happens.

Thanks.

Many pot strains go herm naturally and with all the cross breeding the genes are in most strains. It's the luck of the draw most of the time if they go herm on you. If it was stress that made plants go hermie then all mine sureley would be herms. I treat my plants like rented mules. :)

Sometimes they stop making balls after a short time or just pop some out and that's it. A guy gave me about 100 afghani kush seeds that came from a grow at a friend's of his. I grew out about 30 and only 5 were real herms with lots of balls popping up all over. Another 7 or 8 that tossed a ball here and there and the rest were norms. I took the 3 nicest males upstairs and when the girls were at 5 weeks dusted some buds on each with a mix of the 3 boys output. All but 2 of the girls threw 'nanners at about 7 weeks so I just kept the seeds from the 2 good ones. Never had a herm from any of those beans and got about 75% females but I use little tricks like extra N and crap when very young to encourage females. Doesn't really have the buzz I like or medicinal qualities but grew huge colas and lots of resin.

I make crosses out of everything. :)

L8r

They can pop up almost anywhere. I saw a pic of one that was growing at the petiole, right where the fingers for the leaf branch out from.

I've had 2 male plants pop out female flowers in the last couple years. What's up with that? lol

L8r

An update on my harvest. I did 5 successive harvests off my 3 original Ladies, which took about a week. By the time I got to the lowest buds, the plants looked very tired, and clearly had had enough, so I trimmed all the branches off above the second crotch, replanted the bare stems into 6 gallon bins with fresh soil and a healthy dose of mychorrizal inoculant, and put them to veg. I'm already seeing tiny points of green emerging from the stems and old nodes.

My dried yield from three 30" plants was almost 2 full ozs, from tiny buds to 1-1/2" COLAs. I sorted them according to their final destination, the best buds for the smoking members, the tiny buds for edibles, and the sugar-leaf trim for oil and tinctures. So everyone is getting what they want. Once cured, they should be really really smooth and sweet, since my "beta-testers" said the smoke was great with just a few days drying and freezer-curing.

Oh, and I got well over 5 oz of leaf trim. The male I terminated early on gave me a whole lot of trics after 2 months brewing in a vodka tincture! Still naturally evaporating that jar to concentrate it some for pain relief.

This was my first grow, with cheap equipment under 23 Watt cfls, and a lot of abuse from a newbie! LOL!

The new star of my second generation is named Medusa for her unruly growth pattern, and massive number of leaves and preflowers. I'm experimenting with bigger, but fewer plants via a variety of tie-down methods. Whichever method comes to harvest first, will be what I use for the third harvest.

This is Medusa
Medusa_right_Profile.JPG

The next two are 1st Lady and her sister after harvest, just put under veg.
1st_Lady_in_reveg.JPG

Sister_in_reveg.JPG

They can pop up almost anywhere. I saw a pic of one that was growing at the petiole, right where the fingers for the leaf branch out from.

I've had 2 male plants pop out female flowers in the last couple years. What's up with that? lol

L8r

You have some seriously confused plants! :laughtwo:

You guys are to funny, lol,( good looking plants to both of you, hope I can get something off this.)

Found 4 more of those on the tips and clipped them off and now I'm left wondering if I did the right thing, lol.

Looking the plant over those were the only spots that they grew, ( the tips )

Hope I did'nt just kill the colas.

Back
Top Bottom