How to - Rosin Tech

Some white widow rosin I made :cheesygrinsmiley: working on getting better with the yields... I went over board per usual and went and bought a 20 ton press for a custom rosin press setup. Ill post some pics when I get her up and running.\

I'd like to see what youve come up with. I'm considering a diy shop press and just using a hotplate to heat up some plates to put the product between.

The only pre-built items available seem like cheap chinese stuff that is marked up like 50000%

Yeah I bought one of the 5 x 5 Chinese setups for almost 500 bucks. Take it from me they are crap... I mean they work but you will be hard pressed to get 500 bs of pressure out of it. I'm actually gonna go buy a milling machine for the plates. I have been working on possibly selling universal plates that work well and aren't a rediculous price like everyone elses stuff.

Wait, why not put the weed between 90 micron mesh, then put the parchment paper around that, then press? No weed particles in your rosin. For better flavor, you can use much lower temps and a press or more pressure.

You can even get copper slabs, 2x4s and a hang crank to press with lots of pressure. Heat the copper up with a propane torch to like 200 degrees or maybe more depending on how much pressure you can generate.

LEDRF,

Have you experimented with the process much?

I have the old screw press in one of the posts here. I have played with it off and on when I had extra meds. Three of us even had what turned out to be a three day binge making and smoking some.

My best luck has been with kief. I have had poor luck with some plants and others have had little trim. What little kief I made I have mostly smoked. So, I have not done much in the last few months.

Pleas tell us what you know.

canyon

Thank you Brother P :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Much Respect To All

So I have a 12 Ton Rosin Press and just have three part question.

1. How to minimize or remove contaminates or plant matter from Rosin collected?

2. How would i get a Dark Oily Sticky Product to An Amber/Shatter consistency by heating a surface & pressing ?
3. (How Long To Complete Process)

Tools Used: 12 Ton Manual Press From Nug Smasher

Back
Top Bottom