Ilikebike's Pure Power Plant Soil Grow!

the way that things growin i would turn it into a mother plant, cause its growin nodes like crazy!!!! my opinion, i would let it grow nice and big and then just take a shit load of clones from it and go from there, but whatever you do im sure its gonna turn out somethin nice!!! :thumb:

thats not a bad idea, might just do that, depends on how good my cloning goes because i have never done it before and it is risky business, i have been watching and reading plenty about cloning plants so i think i will be alright i am going to build myself a clone box and take about 6-8 clones from the mother plant. thanks for the info!

thats not a bad idea, might just do that, depends on how good my cloning goes because i have never done it before and it is risky business, i have been watching and reading plenty about cloning plants so i think i will be alright i am going to build myself a clone box and take about 6-8 clones from the mother plant. thanks for the info!

Don't make cloning out to be something that is super hard. Since you are still a new grower you are gonna be extra careful and you dont want to cut your plant. I just Cloned today and it was pretty easy. Remember that your plants are quite resilient and they can take it. In some case they will enjoy the trim. Especially if that means more light penetrates into the inner node branches.

get yourself some Rockwool and clone Gel and you are good to go :thumb:

Hey sorry for the delayed response!! I have been busy and I didn't reply to all my subscribed threads. I have been busy with my plants. They just went into Flower!

To get into your question, Yes you can use rockwool and transplant into soil. Rockwool at first is hard to keep Ph'd so once you transplant it to a soil grow it will be just fine. I like using Rockwool for clones because

1: Its clean and doesnt make too much mess.
2: It retains more water so you have to water them less. Plus clones like it as moist as possible because they have no for of roots to soak it up yet.
3: Unlike using putting soil, you can see the underside of a rockwool cube so you dont have to second guess if your clones are rooted or not. they will poke out eventually.

When cloning, make sure you presoak your rockwool so you can have that ready by the time you decide to clone. Get some clone gel and also have that ready. After you are done, Keep your clones in a humidity dome.

i assume that i can make one of these "Humidity domes" with a piece of saran wrap and some rubberbands over some sort of container correct? also if i use rockwool do i have to set them inside of something with water so that the cuttings stay alive? im sorry if i am not wording this question to good if you cant understand it i will try to explain it in some other way. congrats on puttin ur girls into flower! very exciting!

Im making up some cannabuter right now, few more hours of simmering and ill strain it then fridge it and make some treats tommarwo!

Just presoak the rockwool and keep the container humid airing it out every few hours. Mist the rockwool once in awhile and don't mist the plant. after a few days you can room the lid or whatever you are using. No puddle of water is needed the Rockwool will stay wet for quite awhile if you just spray it once in awhile.

i have the peat pellets aswell and i've also seen some videos of some really good growers using peat pellets, one bein Jorge Cervantes.. i dont know i just think they would be alittle easier then the rockwool..thats just me though.. :tokin:

Updated pics!!!!
Plant #2
IMG_20111027_214842.jpg

Plant #1
IMG_20111027_214849.jpg

hey thanks for the comments, they really do look healthy, theres barley any dead leaves and almost no discoloring. We have been puttin them on a feeding schedule using shultz 10-15-10 plant food 1/4 strength to start off.

TOG- i am thinking another week or so, i am going to cut some clones off of the plant before i change the cycle too, i am gettin my propagation chamber put together in the mean time.

hey guys so i made my cloning/propagation chamber today,
its a 14 gallon Rubbermaid with a 4'' intake fan and a 4'' outake fan that both move 80CFM each. i have installed 2 18'' Florescent strip lights on top they are 15watts each.
The inside is wrapped with mylar and i have a clear piece of flexible plaistic to put over the clones once they are inside for a humidity dome, I am also going to leave a cup of pH'd water inside so they will stay humid, i will be misting them about twice a day. No stores around here sell rockwool soo i am going to put the plants into peat moss starting pods.
i plan on taking 6 clones, 3 off of each plant. Can i take 3 clones off of each of my plants at one time? or should i only take one a day? any pointers would be great thanks

Inside view of the chamber (clear thing is the humidity dome)
IMG_20111031_191856.jpg

Power strip, and outake fan
IMG_20111031_184514.jpg

Side View
IMG_20111031_184458.jpg

Materials used:

18 Gallon Rubbermaid tote | $8
Duck Tape | $1
HVAC Tape | $6
Foam Insulation (GreatStuff) | $3
(2) 18'' 15 watt Florescent strip lights | $8 (each)
Zip Ties | $1
Emergency Blanket (Mylar) | $1
(2) 4'' Inline Duct fans (@ 80 CFM/each) | $25 (each)
Clear Plastic Lid (Humidity Dome) | $4
6 Outlet Power strip | $4
----------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL | $95
The fans move alot of air so that is good. I think i may get a heating mat to put underneath the chamber to promote root growth. I just hope it stays humid enough in there because the fans are moving alot of air i hope they are not moving so much that it drys up. I am going to leave a cup of water in the chamber as i said before and plan on misting them up to 3 times a day. Is there anything else you could think of that i need to do?

PS: I read one article online that said you shouldn't give your plants any nutrients up to a week before you take clones because high levels of nitrogen in the branch could cause it to dry out, is there any truth to that?

also i plan on "scoring" the cut part of the clone to help induce root growth, is this a good idea? thanks for any of your help in advance! PEACE

Back
Top Bottom