Obi's Pure Power Plant - Back To My Roots

Wow! Thick!
Do you usually see 3 branches after your trimming or do the numbers vary depending on the accuracy of your cuts?
I top at various branches to split them into 2, but have not had much luck with fancier cuts.

This was a total accident. I usually cut a whole node off, too. I just wanted to try a smaller snip this time to see what I get.

Just a quick post. I fed the plants this evening. 4 gallons.
4ml micro, grow, bloom per gallon
2ml calmag per gallon

I'm a little surprised at their uptake this week.

Quick update. I swapped out 4 blue (6500k) for 4 red (3000k) lightsabers in the T5 today in preparation for the 12/12 flip on 11/01. Plants are about the height I like before flip. I took a quick measurement to calculate how much these PPP's stretch for future grows.

Here are a couple random pics from this evening.

I run the light about 4 inches from the tops. When they touch I raise it another 4. Check out the pics from 10/24. You can see the light in its lowered position.

Good Lord, what beautiful plants. How do you choose? :laughtwo: I may be up against the same thing with my Carnival clones. There's only so much space, even if I keep adding more. Lol!

I'd love to follow along Obi. I'm using the same nutes with so little experience it concerns me, so it'd be reassuring to watch you progress. My clone's only been in her pot 5 days now. I'm far enough behind you to be able to really benefit from your cutting the path. Already I thinking I want to veg her a little longer. Your plants are an inspiration. Such a lovely shade of green.

Thank you Tead, for the heads up on this journal. :hug:

Welcome SweetSue I'm glad you stopped by :) Your journals are always bustling and bursting with friends and information. If I can help in any way let me know. I'll do my best.

I use RO water so I add CalMag to the GH Trio. I always add the nutrients to the water in the following order: CalMag->Micro->Grow->Bloom mixing well between each addition.

Update: Flipped to 12/12 today. Swapped out the remaining blue bulbs. Measured for future reference. Plants range in height from 13.5 to 15.0 inches. I plan to keep the current veg nutrient routine going for a couple weeks while they stretch during their transition to flower.

I'm getting excited for January 2017.

/Obi

Update: fed today:
2ml CalMag
4ml Micro
3ml Grow
4ml Bloom

I am noticing a kiss of nute burn on a few leaves. A sliver of brown on the tips. I decided to cut the Grow by 25% (1ml) this time. Other than that no real news to report.

Weed Gnome. I think he's been lowering my light when I'm not looking. I have to raise the light every other day.

Rather than raise the light tonight I decided to tie down a couple of the taller plants. Let's see how it goes.

The canopy is looking a bit more level now.

/Obi

Alright. I can't help taking pictures of these girls. You're just gonna have to suffer through it with me :)

More bud sites are popping up. Fuzznutter, I agree with you. I'm really happy with the LST results. Less than 24 hours later the bent tops are facing the light again and looking great. At first I thought the wire tiedowns I made slipped but a quick look around and all is good. They are holding and the canopy is nice and even.

Grow on.
/Obi

Back
Top Bottom