Obi's Pure Power Plant - Back To My Roots

Obi, your nutes are per gallon, correct?

Correct.

I continue to get a bit of nute burn at 100%. I'm going to start lowering the level of nutes and changing the NPK values a bit.

Other than a little nutrient adjustment to curb the tiny bit of nute burn things continue on autopilot.

The odor from the cabinet is very manageable. I'm running a single 8 inch carbon filter off the exhaust which is attached to a 6 inch, 450cfm inline fan.

The plants themselves have a mild fragrance. It is pleasant, though not as citrusy as some plants I've grown. It has a hashy spice scent mixed with cucumber (from the fresh, wet and green plant material) and a light, earthy pine tone to it. When dry it has a fuellike, pine-sol and pine smell. It is quite neutral overall though and mostly unremarkable.

I decided to cut a side branch off of one of the smaller plants for a sample. I have run out of meds and figured it would be interesting to see where we are at in the potency department. I didn't expect much as we are pretty early into the flower stage.

The main flower I had was the size of my thumbnail. I also had 4 or 5 little sugar leaves and a couple tiny buds from the branch. I simply scissored up the flower and leaves to make ready for the Arizer Extreme Q. I have a modded cyclone bowl that I use. It is about half height compared to the OEM and it gets much hotter. It's supposed to be for elbow packing but I dropped the flower right in this time.

The first little bowl vaped as you'd expect. It was pretty steamy for the first few pulls. Then I got a couple nice pulls of Terpenes and Cannabinoids. There wasn't a whole lot of flavor. What flavor there was to be had was found on the inhale right at the tail end of a draw. The effect was surprisingly nice. I had a very nice uplifting sensation radiating from my chest to my head. I felt a familiar eye pressure sensation and knew my eyes were heavy lidded. I felt relaxed and content.

After about 45 minutes I felt like I could manage another small bowl from the vape. I dropped another mixture of leaf and flower (roughly 0.30g of fresh, wet, green material) into the vape and made several pulls through the steam and Terps and goodies.

The second round hit me like a truck. I felt pretty good for about 90 seconds and then quickly realized I had overdone it. I reclined in my chair and reminded myself that no matter how bad this ride gets I'll be fine in the end. I had just read an article, not more that two weeks ago, about how to navigate your way through an overwhelming high. It touched on your standard stuff like stay calm, get comfortable, stay in familiar surroundings, listen to familiar music, hydrate, etc..

At about the time it took to finish that thought about the article this PPP shifted gears and slammed on the throttle. I started to experience everything in 3's. Like an echo or reverberation. Thoughts, movement and vision all happened in 3's. It was disorienting. I stayed reclined in my chair waiting for the plateau. I was still climbing and then the sweat hit. First on my forehead then as a light coating over my entire body. I was loosing control and succumbing to involuntary physical reactions to too much THC. I dashed to the bathroom and exited several minutes later with less stomach contents than when I entered.

The crescendo in the bathroom turned out to be the plateau. I cleaned myself up and made my way to bed. Still coming down but resting comfortably I grinned at the thought of how much potent bud I'll have in about 4 weeks. I know I'll gain tolerance but I like the idea that a little can go a long way. I'll give a better review after some more experience with these plants.

Whew!
/Obi

:hug: Hi :hug:

I can so relate to that one. had a bad one too just a few days ago. Literally feeling my blood pressure hitting 0 and then faint on the way to bed. I was out (not being able to move) for 6 hrs and then slowly it was going better.

The droopy looking leaves are fans that get smashed against the door/wall. It's pretty tight in there ;)

Late update
12/10/2016
Fed 4 Gallons
2ml CalMag, 3ml Micro, 1ml Grow and 5ml Bloom per gallon

Things look fine.

Update

A few pictures from this evening's check in.

About half of the plants are just beginning to mature.

/Obi

Wow. Things are changing fast in the cabinet. There is a sudden burst of color in the foliage. There is a fair amount of yellow, red and purple colors to be found on the fan leaves and some sugar leaves. I'm not sure what caused this to happen. It could be how they naturally finish, or a deficiency caused by the change in nutrient ratios, or a pH lockout even.

I get the sense that the plants are generally healthy. They are beginning to drink less water even though the RH has dropped to 40% to 50%. I tried to get some pics of the Trichomes. It's very difficult to do, lol. I see mostly clear and cloudy Trichs on the least mature plant. I want to push these plants to show a few amber Trichomes before harvest. I think another 7 to 10 days at least.

They are due for a feed or water within the next 24 hours. Considering where the plants are now I'm on the fence on whether to feed one more time or begin the flush now. I think I'll scope a few more leaves of various plants and see where we are at with a larger sample set.

They are getting thirsty.

/Obi

The cabinet temps have been cooler lately as well.

61F to 66F
RH 40% to 50%

Obi, wow!

I try to keep myself from checking trichomes on leaves. It's the trichomes on the buds themselves that I'm interested. In my case I chop as soon as amber shows up. If you're looking for stronger product you can get there with an enhanced decarb. I'm simply not interested in losing any of the THC I'll super-potentiate.

I'm an outlier. I done grow for the relaxing herb. I'm looking for zippy. But I learned somewhere way back there in the beginning that the trichomes on the leaves will turn sooner and it's the buds you want to watch.

I'd have to agree with your assessment. You look like another week to ten days, from my perspective. They're showing their autumn colors, getting close to the finish line. I like what you've done with them, and if I continue to play with a hempy I'll be sure to follow your excellent guidance. It's almost time for the reward. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom