Obi's Pure Power Plant - Back To My Roots

Update
Watered 4 gallons RO at 5.7pH
No Nutrients

I've never had the time to do a good flush at the end of a grow. I'm curious to see how a good one will affect the end product's taste.

I'm going to guess we are a good 10 to 20 days from harvest yet. The flowers are not growing in size as much as they are packing on an internal density that is satisfying. A couple branches are beginning to sway a little heavier in the breeze.

Even the solo cup is doing well. It only got watered when the others did. This is a hearty plant. Clearly pot size matters.

Sitting here cleaning some glass.

We're getting closer to the finish line. Five days until Trichome check.

/Obi

I have 5 gallon buckets which are cut down to about 3.5 gallon. That size fits well in my space and provides decent root space for a 16 to 20 week grow.

Update
Day: 91
Stage: Flower
Veg Days: 31
Transition days: 10 at 12/12
Flower Days: 50
Light: 12/12 4000k 8-Bulb T5
Temps: 63F-70F / 17C-21C
RH: 47%-55%

Notes: Breeder states this strain typically flowers in 8-10 weeks (56-70 days)

I think I might give them their final drink tomorrow. I will get pics then. The plants are dropping large fan leaves at a fairly rapid pace. The defoliation is familiar to me at this stage of flower. I may be hastening the defoil by flushing a week too early this time. We'll see.

/Obi

I have 5 gallon buckets which are cut down to about 3.5 gallon. That size fits well in my space and provides decent root space for a 16 to 20 week grow.

I had some 6" schedule 40 PVC fall into my world. The footprint is much smaller and this is a real benefit for the space challenged. Cut various lengths (1-2 foot range). Used marine sealant to put a bottom on them. Drilled a hole and filled 'em with plants. They've really been working out well for me.

IMAG21863.jpg

A little defoliation this evening. The plants are looking a little shaggy as they finish up.

I'm trying to hold off harvest until at least this weekend. We have mostly cloudy with a few clear Trichomes right now. Things can change fast in a week.

/Obi

I chopped up the solo cup plant the other day and am going to vape it before heading out to meet some friends and see a local band.

The rest gets chopped this weekend. I need to get my next set of plants into their big girl buckets and under their big girl light.

/Obi

Update
Day: 100
Stage: Harvest
Veg Days: 31
Transition days: 10 at 12/12
Flower Days: 59
Light: off
Temps: 63F-70F / 17C-21C
RH: 47%-55%

Harvest day today. I need the space for the next grow. Trichome check: Mostly cloudy, a few clear and a random amber here and there.

A couple plants could have gone another week, however I have not seen any real change in growth for several days now. Water uptake has been decreased, fan leaves yellow, purple and orange. One plant had a fair amount of foxtailing beginning. They just seemed ready.

Here is a quick pick of me starting some bud piles. There's some frosty trim, some side branch buds to play with right away, and the main cola and beefy side branch pile.

I'm going to run the trim through my bubble bags using dry ice. Right now is the perfect time to work out in the garage with the outside temps hovering around -10F/-23C. It's colder outside than it is in my kitchen freezer, lol.

Over all I feel like I had too many plants in the cabinet this time. I think it hurt my yield. There were quite a few side branches that look like they could have produced much better had they not been crowded.

I'm going to let this haul dry for a few days and then jar it up. I will check in then with some additional info and thoughts.

/Obi

Here is a sneak peek at the next grow: AK-48 from Nirvana. I have a much more manageable number of plants going. I just transplanted and am hoping they recover quickly.

Cheers,
/Obi

The PPP harvest is drying a bit fast. We are on day 3 and nearly over dry already. My last grow I cut the plants off at their base and hung the whole plant to dry (after trimming). That resulted in a 5 or 6 day dry time. I'll have to see if I can slow things down when drying individual branches next time. I'm paranoid about encouraging mold though.

I'm putting the buds into jars tonight with some B62's. I think the crispy buds will rehydrate to an acceptable level in a day or so.

I've been building a tolerance to this strain whilst this journal winds down. I think this will lend to a better vape/smoke report to wrap this journal up with. Less novelty. More rounded experience.

Stay tuned.
/Obi

The B62's breathed a little life back into the buds. I purchased a small, cheep crock-pot cooker and tried making some canna oil this evening.

1.0 cup coconut oil
1.0 tbs soy lecithin
8.0 grams buds chopped
0.5 gram grade B bubble hash
0.5 gram grade D bubble hash

Mixed together and cooked at 235F for 2.5 hours. Strained and cooled.

A body in motion tends to stay in motion. A body at rest tends to stay at rest.

I feel that perfectly sums up the effect of Pure Power Plant for me.

I would grow Pure Power Plant again.

The phenotype variety between the 8 plants was pretty consistent. Plant size and structure are mainly uniform and reliable. PPP had @ 200-250% stretch during transition and early flower. It responds well to and recovers rapidly from topping, super cropping and LST. I think if not managed well indoors it could grow quite tall. Flowers are a medium density with a nice coating of Trichomes. Appeal is nice with a variety of light green nugs and darker nugs with accidental hues of purple. Flower to leaf ratio is good and trimming difficulty is average.

I harvested on the early side of peak ripeness. Trichomes were mostly cloudy with a hint of amber here and there. It dried a little quickly in my cabinet and I jarred it up with Boveda 62's.

Back
Top Bottom