In The Lab

NNIICCEE...worth the wait, cant wait to see what you get from this great kit!!

Me either! Docs kit already inspired me to start doing my own homemade Organics for my other plants. Have to say once you get a compost tumbler your just itching to mix up soil lol.

NICE a compost tumbler!!

I was looking at those at the hardware store this week but decided to stick with the good ol wooden compost bin...

i love composting!!:)

include the right minerals in that compost and you've got something special.

Not making my own compost yet doc. The tumbler just works really well for mixing soil kind of a manual cement mixer. Eventually I'd love to make my own compost to help reduce household waste. I'm really interested in the worm farms I've seen online but not sure the wife would like that lol.

Like the idea of a cement mixer...(like the idea of the nymphs, also!) :icon_cool

Doc...when you mix up the soil in the mixer, do you then move the soil to the plastic cans and add the water at that time or do you add the water while it's still churning in the mixer?

If you do add everything into the mixer first, then do you do a good cleaning of the mixer after every use?

Like the idea of a cement mixer...(like the idea of the nymphs, also!) :icon_cool

Doc...when you mix up the soil in the mixer, do you then move the soil to the plastic cans and add the water at that time or do you add the water while it's still churning in the mixer?

If you do add everything into the mixer first, then do you do a good cleaning of the mixer after every use?

I dry mix in the mixer, and add worm castings at the very end, empty into plastic cans and then add water.

This single pure sativa was accidentally drenched with 1/2oz of transplant twice, 1/2oz of energy twice, and got a cationic drench (two doses in a row) during week 14 of flowering, as well as during week 8 per the directions. Bottom line, abused, overfed. I'm in a 5g smartpot, looking at probably 3oz of yield once I crop. Feeding straight water right now, any recommendations? I'm just looking for a bit more senescence before I chop, is that the wrong mindset?
pht41.jpg
pht31.jpg
pht11.jpg

This single pure sativa was accidentally drenched with 1/2oz of transplant twice, 1/2oz of energy twice, and got a cationic drench (two doses in a row) during week 14 of flowering, as well as during week 8 per the directions. Bottom line, abused, overfed. I'm in a 5g smartpot, looking at probably 3oz of yield once I crop. Feeding straight water right now, any recommendations? I'm just looking for a bit more senescence before I chop, is that the wrong mindset?
pht41.jpg
pht31.jpg
pht11.jpg

Well, it got pretty salty and crispy...too bad about the accidental overfeeding.

I'd let it go as long as you can and flush the crap out of it for a week. I think you might be surprised with the product.

Doc, A few questions please.
Do you top, trim or fim your girls?
Have you ever used Spin Out?
When should one flip to 12/12? When pots are rootbound?
Should we transplant, cut bounded roots at 90 degrees from small pot, dust with Roots, etc from the 1-3 gal, to final flowering pot 5, 7 or even 10 gal before we flip to 12/12, just as we flip or after we flip?

Thank you!

Should we transplant, cut bounded roots at 90 degrees from small pot, dust with Roots, etc from the 1-3 gal, to final flowering pot 5, 7 or even 10 gal before we flip to 12/12, just as we flip or after we flip?

Thank you!

Answers to all those questions with pictures can be found on this very thread!

I do not use spin out.

Thank you!
I gave my girl 1 week after transplant before flipping to get settled in but i was using glr so it wasnt a real shock to her.
Hope thats a lil help

include the right minerals in that compost and you've got something special.

Doc,

are you referring to adding some 6/5/3 mineral mix?

and add it during the composting for the critters to start munching on, or adding it when mixing the compost with some soil?

Got a lil baby w.o.s. obsession that just said "hi" to the world yesterday. Should it do well in hb boss? Its as close to a landrace that i have. Should i do anything special or just let her rip?
Thanks doc

Back
Top Bottom