In The Lab

That's a possibility!

Early CD leads to smaller, very tight buds.
Proper CD leads to slightly smaller, extremely tight and resinous buds.
late CD seems to create hairier buds....

The trouble could very well be nitrogen fixation. I'm actually toying with the idea of Cat Drench in veg once...in order to establish nitrogen fixation BEFORE bloom.

Could a living mulch of clover be of value here? Just an idea that popped into my head as I read this.

Could a living mulch of clover be of value here? Just an idea that popped into my head as I read this.

Yes...it's definitely something that should be tried and worked with. However, we're purposely playing growth energy against reproductive energy with the Cat Drench/GE sequence. It works as intended, but some strains kinda lose steam afterwards and take a while to re-green. The buds continue to do very well despite this occasional problem, but I'd like to be able to eliminate it altogether.

Transplant has actually been recently re-formulated to reduce sodium so it might help mitigate the problem.

While the living mulch may very well stop the "fade" it would also make the back and forth aspect of the drenches less effective.

Hey Doc or anyone else, just got my kit (superfast shipping!) and have a question regarding water. I'm on a well, ppm of about 160, PH 7.8. I also have a small RO system which reads 0 PPM on my meter. What do you people think is the better water to use? Straight RO? RO with cal mag added? Well water? I read pretty much all of DOC's threads so I know I can stop fussing over PH at least (or get kicked in the nads). If nobody responds I think I'm going with RO with just a smidge of GH cal mag added. Thanks everyone for such a cool forum! :cool027

victo, maybe try 1/2 RO 1/2 well or 1/3 RO, 2/3 well? it will give you approx 100 ppm :)
the kit soil will buffer or balance the pH . I don't own a pH meter anymore. I gave it to friend who needed it last year when I started growing with Docs Kit and HB ;) This is the same friend that loves the new designer strains, Levis' and Fruit of the Loom :rofl:

he's seen what we are doing here, sampled in awe ;) what I grow, and yet still does what he does.:hmmmm: :green_heart:

Hey Doc or anyone else, just got my kit (superfast shipping!) and have a question regarding water. I'm on a well, ppm of about 160, PH 7.8. I also have a small RO system which reads 0 PPM on my meter. What do you people think is the better water to use? Straight RO? RO with cal mag added? Well water? I read pretty much all of DOC's threads so I know I can stop fussing over PH at least (or get kicked in the nads). If nobody responds I think I'm going with RO with just a smidge of GH cal mag added. Thanks everyone for such a cool forum! :cool027

Alternate well with RO, or dilute the well with RO and you're pretty much perfect. I'm not a fan of adding Calmag, but some do it and things come out OK.

Just want to pipe up about chlorine and chloramine ...

Chlorine will evaporate from your water in a day or two - chloramine not so much. That's kind of the whole point of chloramine - it stays in the water and keeps it safe from bacteria. We like our bacteria, so we don' like chloramine.

Here's a decent rundown on the stuff ...

https://www.natureswayresources.com/DocsPdfs/chloramine.pdf

Thanks for the ideas guys. I think I'll try a mix at about 50/50 RO and well water and see how the plants respond. Tomorrow I'll head to the local nursery for the promix and worm castings and start the soil cooking. I'm thinking I'll do a journal for this grow. I've got a grow going now (one auto thats almost done and 3 phenos 7 days into flower) but it's been a little rough on my GF and I. We were cocky going in since we both have decent green thumbs but we got our butts handed to us lol. Lots of newbie mistakes, nute burn, over watering etc. Hoping the hi brix is the ticket for us, we grow all our veggies and flowers strictly organic, not sure why we didn't do that with our cannabis grow.

It's been really fun learning from all the excellent growers around here, also made a local buddy and we bounce ideas off each other as well. We are going to keep our tent running this summer but also do a couple plants outside, we have our state medicinal card which allows up to 10 oz. Should be a fun summer! Thanks again.

Doc, I have a quick question if you are willing to humor me :cheesygrinsmiley:

It says that RO water is needed for the Foliar Sprays, is that a must? I have no problems buying jugs of RO water from my Hydro store, just curious if I could get away with my Tap Water... PPM is 146 and PH is 8.0.

Doc, I have a quick question if you are willing to humor me :cheesygrinsmiley:

It says that RO water is needed for the Foliar Sprays, is that a must? I have no problems buying jugs of RO water from my Hydro store, just curious if I could get away with my Tap Water... PPM is 146 and PH is 8.0.

Or distilled water from ... anywhere (like $0.99 / gal.)?

Just want to pipe up about chlorine and chloramine ...

Chlorine will evaporate from your water in a day or two - chloramine not so much. That's kind of the whole point of chloramine - it stays in the water and keeps it safe from bacteria. We like our bacteria, so we don' like chloramine.

Here's a decent rundown on the stuff ...

https://www.natureswayresources.com/DocsPdfs/chloramine.pdf

One gal water with chloramines + 2 drops of BSM. Sit at least 10 minutes to neutralize the chloramines. Scientifically proven. You can substitute a pinch of compost instead of BSM. It just requires a bit of organic matter to work.

Back
Top Bottom