Indoor - Acapulco Gold - Carnival - Sugar Punch - Kit Soil - Cheap LED

When Harvesting do you:

• Chop when the desired % of amber trichomes is observed

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Chop when the maximum bud size appears to be achieved.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chop based on experience that informs you of maximum quality regardless of yield.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Chop based on many factors such as water usage, senescence, pistil color, tri color, etc.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Chop based on desperation or opportuniity.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pluck one of them carefully, take it outside your room and smear it between your thumb and fingers. I'll bet there's no pollen.....I hope there's no pollen! My Champagne strain does this and I ignore them. I haven't seeded a crop yet. Willie Nelson also did this. Again, no seeds.

Thats really good to know, Doc, re WN..my 2 WN seeds are in and up! Any other unique experiences with the Willie?

This little lady was showing some questionable gender behavior during today's inspection. I observed a new set of nanners plumping up so I made the chop call. I believe she still had more to give as there were fresh pistils in a few spots and about 15% amber 35% clear 50% milky. These pics are right at chop. Later i washed them in SNS 311 with barely warm water and 3x rinsed them in cool tap water. 500gm was semi trim weight before wash.

sp_chop_5.jpg
sg_chop_4.jpg
sg_chop_2.jpg
SP_chop_3.jpg
SG_chop_1.jpg
SG_chop.jpg

This little lady was showing some questionable gender behavior during today's inspection. I observed a new set of nanners plumping up so I made the chop call. I believe she still had more to give as there were fresh pistils in a few spots and about 15% amber 35% clear 50% milky. These pics are right at chop. Later i washed them in SNS 311 with barely warm water and 3x rinsed them in cool tap water. 500gm was semi trim weight before wash.

sp_chop_5.jpg
sg_chop_4.jpg
sg_chop_2.jpg
SP_chop_3.jpg
SG_chop_1.jpg
SG_chop.jpg

Those look so damn good! I love weed that looks like that......

Please let me know if you got any seeds, not only in these plants, but in others that might be exposed to pollen. I've got a couple strains that toss nanners late in bloom, but they are sterile. No seeds yet. That is going to be legendary smoke....just look at it! Wow!

Yeah, you have to post those shots in Buckshot's eye-candy thread. That's gorgeous photography. :thumb:

And, of course, I'll be expecting to see it entered in NOTM. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you OSB.

I have oversize ventilation so odor control was no issue for me. it exudes a fruity sugary note that has a decent degree of penetrating pungency. It needs appropriate control but it's not a true stinker.

I was pleased with the yield. I would recommend SP for kit soil. It grew great, was a pleasure. The early take is a mild euphoric slightly racy start that unfolds into a relaxed, serene and restful body high. Smooth and tasty flavors.

Zig i hear that. Its a little more nuanced and tricky to determine the time frame when the flower is at peak perfection.

I noticed a while back when growing a Western Wind, a branch snapped accidentally 2-3 weeks before chop. I just let it sit in the veg room and dry out. Later when i 'found' it and sparked it up it was the best smoke out of a good harvest of very good bud. It was not washed. Maybe my timing and conditions were in perfect sync, not sure. It had the best feel, fragrance and nice power. Reminded me of best of the 70s.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom