Indoor - Acapulco Gold - Carnival - Sugar Punch - Kit Soil - Cheap LED

When Harvesting do you:

• Chop when the desired % of amber trichomes is observed

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Chop when the maximum bud size appears to be achieved.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chop based on experience that informs you of maximum quality regardless of yield.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Chop based on many factors such as water usage, senescence, pistil color, tri color, etc.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Chop based on desperation or opportuniity.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks GT. Ill visit Bucks'.

Doc thanks for letting me in on your experiment.

She was ready for a drench. I wasnt clear on the measure for energy. I used 15mls. So it was 15E, 15T, 10Tea. I used close to 2gals of tap that was bubbled (10hrs) with a little castings. This 7 gal pot requires close to 2gals when it is dry. I drenched her letting the excess drain away. I did a few chores and when i came back it seemed like they had responded. Subtle and possibly imaginary but really not surprising.

Doc what about foliar? Just keep going with 1x week brix until just before (<3days)? Its been 6 days since they were foliar fed.

Thanks GT. Ill visit Bucks'.

Doc thanks for letting me in on your experiment.

She was ready for a drench. I wasnt clear on the measure for energy. I used 15mls. So it was 15E, 15T, 10Tea. I used close to 2gals of tap that was bubbled (10hrs) with a little castings. This 7 gal pot requires close to 2gals when it is dry. I drenched her letting the excess drain away. I did a few chores and when i came back it seemed like they had responded. Subtle and possibly imaginary but really not surprising.

Doc what about foliar? Just keep going with 1x week brix until just before (<3days)? Its been 6 days since they were foliar fed.

Definitely keep up with Brix spraying. That alone will make a huge difference, especially in first run soil. But this last drench will also put them into another gear and I think you'll be surprised with how strong the product is, compared to a very mild, subtle flavor. It just looks like that kind of plant to me....I'm sure looking forward to your first contact with your very own High Brix weed.

I don't think you'll ever have had better, and YOU grew it. That's pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Von, were those the plants you used the same pot, removed stem, dug hole and dropped a clone in?
I am trying this on several plants, if thats what you're doing. I removed stump at soil level, leaving roots understurbed. I added EWC, some Recharge, some Roots!, watered with transplant water. Will upcan to these pots, and others when my new seedlings are ready. :)
I anticipate great results

Von, were those the plants you used the same pot, removed stem, dug hole and dropped a clone in?
I am trying this on several plants, if thats what you're doing. I removed stump at soil level, leaving roots understurbed. I added EWC, some Recharge, some Roots!, watered with transplant water. Will upcan to these pots, and others when my new seedlings are ready. :)
I anticipate great results

Hey Zig,

Not the same plant. This plant used a mixture of about 50% once used and 50% cooked unused kit soil.

The plant you are referring to was jack h f7. I stuck 2 cuttings into the carved hole and they eventually grew huge. I did the same amendments that you describe. The plants made nice flowers that were well enjoyed. I am repeating the technique with a 'jackberry x mad scientist' looks super healthy. this was a seedling that was potted up into the carved out hole of a 7 gal. I notice there is a bit of lull at transplant/first 10 days. Then they settle in.

I used a serrated knife and cut out a cylinder of sten, soil and roots then filled it with some amendments, dusted the roots and watered it in.

Ya man, its new years again. I hope its a great one.

The original idea of carving a cavity into the just used soil came from GT. There was a post a while back where he detailed the practice. I pretty much imitated his example.

Zig is there a pic of the tier?

I will get one put up here in a.m. Its a smaller pot, once root bound, bottom removed, on top(1/2 inch) of a larger pot full of soil.

VonDank, sorry took awhile to locate small adapter for iPad to transfer memory card from camera...holidays :)
image16950.jpg

Here are my new seedlings with a couple in peat pots tiered to bigger pots. I have several large pot filled with HB kit soil..7's, 10, I think a 15gal softie...grew incredible buds.. Im planning on growing my smaller tiers into tops of these...:)
If you want more pics, just ask. :)

Wild.

Does the plant reside in the small cup through the whole grow?

I often wonder about soil volume and its relation to quality and quantity of bud. My heaviest girl grew in a 3gal fabric. The flowers were very nice. Not as frosty as my current 7 gal grow but very high quality.

Those huge buds on the Jack were 2 plants in a 7 gal. I understand that soil volume is related to biological activity but i wonder if smaller pots are cool if the soil is already teeming with microbes???

Thanks for the pics. Im interested in your future developments.

Wild.

Does the plant reside in the small cup through the whole grow?

I often wonder about soil volume and its relation to quality and quantity of bud. My heaviest girl grew in a 3gal fabric. The flowers were very nice. Not as frosty as my current 7 gal grow but very high quality.

Those huge buds on the Jack were 2 plants in a 7 gal. I understand that soil volume is related to biological activity but i wonder if smaller pots are cool if the soil is already teeming with microbes???

Thanks for the pics. Im interested in your future developments.

Yes..grows with cup...i cut the bottom of the peat and other small pots off ... The plant that was and still unknown, Doc thought it might be Trainwreck or derivative of it, was started in the small peat pots -im not using much more after this grow, was placed on maybe a 3 gal window sill planter, the rectangle ones.. Its 2 ft long by about 6" wide and about 5" tall. I had to feed, water it often due to small volume of soil. :) plant and buds were and are primo, IMO. Thats the smoke, theres 2 more plants I harvested, that was sweet! The smoke was sweet! Im very new at growing (1st yr) and compared to many others, started using weed later than earlier. I never experienced sweet smoke before. Thats Docs kit...
The tiers give you more vertical volume and space for roots to grow.
I will be starting a journal over next week or so. I have pictures in the 420mag gallery under my name that some were posted over past 6 months in various HB threads. Im growing some interesting strains. A few are made by me, a couple of them are unknowns.
Im learning, experimenting, and growing better plants than I ever imagined a yr ago thanks to Doc, The Fellowship of HB Growers and others. I was lucky to discover 420mag and docs threads and followers early.
- Lot of incredible growers here...youre included in that demographic. :)

Vondank, i think Doc said that, im paraphrasing, the kit grows great in any size, but 7 gal and up, it gets dialed in...
Plants, roots and hence buds get large...see Curso's grows.

More soil allows more roots, bigger root ball bigger plant and more flowers.

Mornin Ziggs....."more soil....more better". You prolly new i was going to chime in on this one eh!I won't go on and on about this but want to say what i know is true from my own grows over the yrs. and with Doc's gear. It's a real simple formula....the more soil your plants grow in ,the more resources it has to draw from as well as ....it's alot easier to maintain the correct balance of microbes and minerals throughout the entire grow. Alot of growers try it in small pots ....everything goes great until around mid flowering when their little pot just runs out of gas. You can try to get it back but it's not going to happen....the plant has simply sucked all the life out of the soil and is now relying on what you can force into the soil with lotions and potions. With Doc's gear a correct balance must be there ,that's why he likes big pots as well and recomends 7 gal. pots for his "kit" grows. For people that want to just use small pots then they should grow small plants. If a grower wants a decent yield and a problem free grow then it's really very easy with Doc's. gear.....just use bigger pots! Cheers Ziggs.:high-five:

Fellas, Ive been keeping a close eye on this lady especially after administering Doc's suggested experimental drench cocktail. It seemed like she was getting a little bit oilier each day. This morning when i checked her out I observed nanners popping out in about 20% of the buds. It's not so easy to see in these pics but I assure you there are many.

Should I cut her down? Pick them off? Let it go? I have no experience at all with the bananas

nanners_21.jpg
nanners_1.jpg
nanners7.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Fellas, Ive been keeping a close eye on this lady especially after administering Doc's suggested experimental drench cocktail. It seemed like she was getting a little bit oilier each day. This morning when i checked her out I observed nanners popping out in about 20% of the buds. It's not so easy to see in these pics but I assure you there are many.

Should I cut her down? Pick them off? Let it go? I have no experience at all with the bananas

nanners_21.jpg
nanners_1.jpg
nanners7.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Pluck one of them carefully, take it outside your room and smear it between your thumb and fingers. I'll bet there's no pollen.....I hope there's no pollen! My Champagne strain does this and I ignore them. I haven't seeded a crop yet. Willie Nelson also did this. Again, no seeds.

Thanks for your input Doc. I wasnt sure exactly what to look for inside the bananas. I used photos from this PDF for comparison.

Viewing the split banana under my 60x toy scope i did observe loads of pollen in at least one of parts i examined.

There are very few white (receptive?) pistils on the plant so im wondering how it could fertilize anything. Do you feel that the plant could still use more time? If so maybe just keep picking them off? Someparts of tbe plant have none at all while other parts have a light smattering.

Or has the time come to chop. Thanks

Maybe you Can isolate the he/she, get some pollen and bud, and seeds :)?
Win-win-win...

How soon before you were planning harvesting her?

I was thinking that Id post a pic of her tomorrow and get everyones thoughts.
Guessing that she'd be good to go by Jan 4 or 5.

I smoked a lil budlet like 2 weeks ago and it had potency. There is so much juicy frosty bud on this lady that i cant imagine much harm could occur in one week.

Stompromper from RIU posted this:

"Nanners are common in late flower with some strains and all most unavoidable. I've had them with some of the best genetics including Serious AK47, Sannies Sugar Punch, NYCD. and right now with G13 Labs Pineapple express.. RARELY do they cause seeds. "

Thanks for your input Doc. I wasnt sure exactly what to look for inside the bananas. I used photos from this PDF for comparison.

Viewing the split banana under my 60x toy scope i did observe loads of pollen in at least one of parts i examined.

There are very few white (receptive?) pistils on the plant so im wondering how it could fertilize anything. Do you feel that the plant could still use more time? If so maybe just keep picking them off? Someparts of tbe plant have none at all while other parts have a light smattering.

Or has the time come to chop. Thanks

Like the guy said, "rarely do they cause seeds." That's my experience with these types of strains too.

I'd give it a week, going by looks only. Should be epic good bud.

Back
Top Bottom