Indoor Durban Poison Clones In Coco, First Time Cloning & Using Coco

Looking good my friend :high-five: they are growing well.

If you feel it's covering growth i'd go ahead and remove it. The training i'm doing lately has me removing a lot of healthy leaves covering potential new growth.
Ok I'll look them over, I'm wondering how long and if Louise would grow around the pot?

I don't know about this type of training, I think I'm burning the fuck out of my leaves splashing nutes on them all the time. Constantly wiping off excess with my fingers, sprayed with plain water a few times to give them a rinse. Should have just let them Christmas tree. Haha. Too much work.

Thelma

20190815_161126.jpg

Louise

20190815_164650.jpg

I wish I could flip Thelma now while Louise takes her sweet time going around the pot. My tent I'll be getting is a ways away at the moment.

Patience, must have patience.

And an FYI I finally purchased a ph pen, my tap water is 5.37, I tested the batch of nutrients I made yesterday which are at half strength the pH is 4.26.

4.26 seems quite low...but the plants don't seem to be showing what i would think they would be if pH was that low.
That's what I thought too, shouldn't I be around 5.7 at least? Maybe slower growth? These seem to be growing slow to me.

tough for sure to say but i've read different growing media require different pH (hydroponic vs. soil vs. whatever all the cool kids are doing these days!). i've never grown hydro but from what i know about soil things are good when pH is 6.2-6.7 for nutrient uptake. i've got a pH meter which needs calibration, but i'm running about 7.6 well water pH. once i add nutrients pH goes down to 7.2 according to my meter. it all makes a differnerence. these plants are fascinating...

Magnesium deficiency or nute burn?

Thelma

20190816_223907.jpg
20190816_223857.jpg
20190816_223749.jpg

Louise

20190816_223657.jpg
20190816_223638.jpg

I'm thinking maybe a combination of both? Definitely in the first picture of Thelma.

These are at the lower branches and higher ones, and both are trained low so they get splashed a lot.

Being fed half strength nutes, daily at 10% runoff 1500 ml feed fed at 500 ml per at 3 intervals.

Hoping I'm correct I took @Emilya homemade calmag recipe, added 1 teaspoon of molasses to it, then 1 teaspoon of molasses to 4L of nutes at half strength, I then added 1 teaspoon of the calmag recipe to the 4L, this ph'ed at 5.10, so it did bring my nutes ph up from 4.26. maybe I need some ph up to add to it to get it to 5.7?

20190817_143422.jpg

the more i look into the pH the more interesting plants become.
check this out, very recent research results...
i am going to get some buffer solution and calibrate my meter and find out exactly what is going on with my water and nutrient mixes.
Stunted growth, seems to be what I'm experiencing at the moment having such a low pH all this time. I'm finally over 5 so hopefully I'll see more growth in a shorter period of time. Thanks for that article!

Hey brother! Sorry i can not help regarding PH, i have not checked PH in my 6 years of growing with soil (i'm probably just fucking lucky with good tap water). I do think it would probably be important when growing in coco, however in saying that i never ph'd my feedings when i experimented with coco growing either and i did not have issues.
Those spots are looking like nute droplets / burns to me. I do feel adding your homemade calmag to your feedings can only do the plants well! :high-five:
Should have just let them Christmas tree. Haha. Too much work.
Haha i can agree. I always get myself into so much work as i want to train every single plant. Letting them go ol' natural is nice but once you have trained your plants it can be a bit boring going back to letting them do their own thing again.
Tough work now but you'll be happy you did it once you hit harvest.

Hey brother! Sorry i can not help regarding PH, i have not checked PH in my 6 years of growing with soil (i'm probably just fucking lucky with good tap water). I do think it would probably be important when growing in coco, however in saying that i never ph'd my feedings when i experimented with coco growing either and i did not have issues.
Those spots are looking like nute droplets / burns to me. I do feel adding your homemade calmag to your feedings can only do the plants well! :high-five:

Haha i can agree. I always get myself into so much work as i want to train every single plant. Letting them go ol' natural is nice but once you have trained your plants it can be a bit boring going back to letting them do their own thing again.
Tough work now but you'll be happy you did it once you hit harvest.
Yes I'm hoping for a successful harvest this time, especially since I'm doing the training I've never done before.

So it's been a busy week, I've neglected the girls for a few days in a row back to back after I started the feed with @Emilya homemade calmag+ that brought my ph up from 4.26 to 5.10 and they have responded with some growth and color! They do love the calmag+ and the upped ph!

First is Thelma, she definitely got bushier this week, quite noticeably! And she brought in a surprise from the last time she was out in the sun, I found it today as I finally fed them after a period of neglect.

20190824_160454.jpg

Thelma's little friend, I'm reluctant to pull it, see what it is in a week, it's liking the coco and nutrients at such a small state.

20190824_160506_HDR.jpg

Louise

20190824_160518.jpg

Also I had added the stand to get more air flow from a fan blowing underneath them that circulates the air up from the back wall, I find this creates a greater circulation all around the space.
Currently working on a DIY drain for the pan that'll drain into a small bucket so I'm not taking them off to drain the pan elsewhere.

Happy growing everyone!

So it's been a busy week, I've neglected the girls for a few days in a row back to back after I started the feed with @Emilya homemade calmag+ that brought my ph up from 4.26 to 5.10 and they have responded with some growth and color! They do love the calmag+ and the upped ph!

First is Thelma, she definitely got bushier this week, quite noticeably! And she brought in a surprise from the last time she was out in the sun, I found it today as I finally fed them after a period of neglect.

20190824_160454.jpg

Thelma's little friend, I'm reluctant to pull it, see what it is in a week, it's liking the coco and nutrients at such a small state.

20190824_160506_HDR.jpg

Louise

20190824_160518.jpg

Also I had added the stand to get more air flow from a fan blowing underneath them that circulates the air up from the back wall, I find this creates a greater circulation all around the space.
Currently working on a DIY drain for the pan that'll drain into a small bucket so I'm not taking them off to drain the pan elsewhere.

Happy growing everyone!
The girls are looking good

sounds like this train is on track...WOOT WOOT! that's a nice colour of green for Thelma and Louise
...and the train kept a rollin'

:theband:
Thanks, it's amazing how much different the growth is with a proper ph!

:morenutes:

Happy growing!

Due to the noticable growth I decided to release some restraints to allow them to stretch to the lights, I also lowered the lights about 6", they're about 18" above now. They still stretched a bit the last couple of days so tonight I pinned them down again to open them up and see how far they've come.

Thelma seems to be out growing her pot.

20190826_234030_HDR.jpg

Louise is a quarter ways around the pot now.

20190826_234039_HDR.jpg

Hopefully 2 or 3 more weeks to get Louise around the pot and see how the growth evens out.

Looking forward to the flip!

Back
Top Bottom