InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Happy 420 to all you good folks!
:party:

Thank you for clarification of the rules,
Har! The game was called on day 1 when you didn't fold it, so it's all on your now. :)
Oh Mrs. Shed!!
IKR? As Nick's hormone monster would say, "what are you gonna do?"
Congrats on another great harvest Shed Happy 420 to all!
Thanks, and to you and all your Hybrids. :)
That’s the only smoke report I’ve ever heard from his crew. Lmao CL
That's all I get from my family for sure! Sometimes I get better info from the friends.
Happy 420 Sensei and Crew! CL
Thanks Captain, back atcha!
Happiest of happy 420s to you and all of your followers,Sheddy!!!
:ciao: Thank you VG. I hope you're feeling better!

She’s about 4’2”0 high

Little way to go yet….

Nick

93CCF6D1-3311-4D26-A112-3A52CCCD57D7.jpeg

Damn I couldn't find my thread in my sub list because it has slipped all the way to page 4! :eek:

Just so you know I'm still around, here's a quick Tuesday update, starting with the old favorite before-and-after photo of the Candida mother:

As soon as I have a chance to buy more soil I'll transplant one of the split clones and have a new mother plant.

In other news, I've got some powdery mildew on the Amnesia Lemon Kush 1.1 clone, so I thought I'd see what the minimum effective dose is for citric acid spray. I've heard some folks say they think that lemon juice or citric acid washing after harvest (or for PM in flower) diminishes some of the smell of the buds, so I want to find if a lower concentration will work on PM.

I went with 2.5g in a 1000ml spray bottle solution (0.25%) rather than my normal 1% solution. Here is the PM I'm fighting, and I let it go much longer than usual to get a good test going. It wipes off at this point so I know it's alive:

I add RAW brand yucca extract to my sprays as a surfactant. In a gallon I use just over 1/8th tsp, but for 1000ml I used a pinch. :)

It works really well as you can see by all the beading on the surface:

We'll see how it goes after a couple of days.

Hmmm...what else do I have stored up to show you? Oh yeah, the weekend of the 15th I made CBG oil in a jar in the oven. I ground up and decarbed what turned out to be 29g of Le Creme CBG and put in a mason jar with 8oz of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).

I cover it with tin foil in case I tip it but I punch a small hole in the top to let it breathe:

Normally I do the Magical Butter Machine at 160ºF but my new stove starts at 175º so that's where I did this: 8 hours each Saturday and Sunday (stirring at least once an hour), with an overnight cool in between. My oven seems to run not as hot as listed so it probably was 160º after all!

When it was done I strained it and mixed it with 1 Tbs of liquid sunflower lecithin and put it in the fridge to homogenize overnight, and then I made capsules.

I don't have anything of note to report on what their effect is other than that 1 capsule (estimated at 10mg CBG) before bed did not help me sleep, nor did 10mg CBG and 10mg of CBD. I'll test higher strength doses over the weekend and report back with my findings.

That's it for me, and sorry to have spent so much time away. Just seems to be how life is breaking these days. :(

:peace:

Quote:
A Happy but not to late 420 to you my friend
Thanks sb! I hope it was a good one.

Sorry you are so busy and unable to hang with us that much. You are missed! Bye bye Candida mom, bye bye pm. Keep us posted with the weaker solution of citric acid. I wonder if the CBG has a cumulative effect.

You returned in proper "Shed The Merciless" form, chopping a plant down! :Rasta:

Damn I couldn't find my thread in my sub list because it has slipped all the way to page 4! :eek:

Just so you know I'm still around, here's a quick Tuesday update, starting with the old favorite before-and-after photo of the Candida mother:

As soon as I have a chance to buy more soil I'll transplant one of the split clones and have a new mother plant.

In other news, I've got some powdery mildew on the Amnesia Lemon Kush 1.1 clone, so I thought I'd see what the minimum effective dose is for citric acid spray. I've heard some folks say they think that lemon juice or citric acid washing after harvest (or for PM in flower) diminishes some of the smell of the buds, so I want to find if a lower concentration will work on PM.

I went with 2.5g in a 1000ml spray bottle solution (0.25%) rather than my normal 1% solution. Here is the PM I'm fighting, and I let it go much longer than usual to get a good test going. It wipes off at this point so I know it's alive:

I add RAW brand yucca extract to my sprays as a surfactant. In a gallon I use just over 1/8th tsp, but for 1000ml I used a pinch. :)

It works really well as you can see by all the beading on the surface:

We'll see how it goes after a couple of days.

Hmmm...what else do I have stored up to show you? Oh yeah, the weekend of the 15th I made CBG oil in a jar in the oven. I ground up and decarbed what turned out to be 29g of Le Creme CBG and put in a mason jar with 8oz of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).

I cover it with tin foil in case I tip it but I punch a small hole in the top to let it breathe:

Normally I do the Magical Butter Machine at 160ºF but my new stove starts at 175º so that's where I did this: 8 hours each Saturday and Sunday (stirring at least once an hour), with an overnight cool in between. My oven seems to run not as hot as listed so it probably was 160º after all!

When it was done I strained it and mixed it with 1 Tbs of liquid sunflower lecithin and put it in the fridge to homogenize overnight, and then I made capsules.

I don't have anything of note to report on what their effect is other than that 1 capsule (estimated at 10mg CBG) before bed did not help me sleep, nor did 10mg CBG and 10mg of CBD. I'll test higher strength doses over the weekend and report back with my findings.

That's it for me, and sorry to have spent so much time away. Just seems to be how life is breaking these days. :(

:peace:

Quote:

Thanks sb! I hope it was a good one.
cool

The doc in the following video says most people take too little cbd to be a therapeutic dose which i think he says is 60-120 mg's a day

We’ve made quite a lot of oil mostly the same way the last couple of weeks.

There have been some riffs and variations on this.

Steep trim/keif and popcorn in 95% (we upped to 99.8%) iso propyl for either 48 hours or 10 minutes. Various degrees of mashing.

Strain through cheesecloth a couple of times.

Rice cooker, its a cheapo $12 one single temp so about 100c set to run outside on a long extension cord. Check regularly. Strain again through cheesecloth. Reheat another 40-45 minutes. Strain through coffee paper. Spark test.

Place in a glass jar for 24 hours lid ajar in a non ac place without direct sunlight to let any last alcohol evaporate off. Ambient is 30+ degrees celsius in the shade 24/7.

Then it was mixed 1 part with 3 parts cold first press organic coconut oil. It just needed 2-3 stirs to fully mix. They combined really well.

I took orally about 2ml. It was absolutely lovely. Tingle on the tongue like a fine drink, then a lovely complex vegetable and flowery taste. Like a nice wine. Terps I guess. Very pleasant. The strain is a more indica dominant but I got a nice useful sativa chatty high but then sleep, and wow. I slept 7 hours straight. Never happens. Woke up just before my alarm as normal and feeling fresh. Like a warm massage before bed. CBD level is described as “low”

Dunno if those numbers are helpful to you Shed? Input weed has been lab tested to 16.4% THC <0.2% CBD and <2.0% We probably got 10% yield in ml to grams in.

70g which I inferred 40-45g - I chose 42.0g which conveniently allows 60% strength per ml for the oil then when mixed with the coconut oil it comes down again. 15%?

Its a Gemmacert test if anyone has opinions on that?

Nick

The doc in the following video says most people take too little cbd to be a therapeutic dose which i think he says is 60-120 mg's a day
Thanks Azi! I remember seeing that in your thread a while back. Once I'm done testing out the CBG to see if it has any effect at higher doses (weekend nights only!) I'll try bumping the CBD up and see if I can determine when I notice a difference.

CBD I have plenty of, but the CBG plant was not a big producer.
Steep trim/keif and popcorn in 95% (we upped to 99.8%) iso propyl for either 48 hours or 10 minutes. Various degrees of mashing.
As I mentioned in your thread, I don't recommend isopropyl alcohol for any kind of cannabis extract. @medmanmike used similar methods to cook off the iso and end up with test results showing residual amount well above state approved standards.* I personally recommend using 190 proof ethanol (not 200 proof since it often contains methanol to boost the proof number), and using a distiller to recapture most of it during the cook-off to save money.

*For example, the state of Michigan allows 500ppm iso for smoked extract and 5000ppm for ingested. Medmanmike had his tested at 17,782ppm after cooking off. That's over 3x higher than the ingestion max and over 30x higher than the smoking max.
.Its a Gemmacert test if anyone has opinions on that?
I'm not familiar with it, but if you have your shatter tested using the industry-standard gas chromatography–mass spectrometry and it ends up matching what you get from the Gemmacert test then it's probably legit.
70g which I inferred 40-45g - I chose 42.0g which conveniently allows 60% strength per ml for the oil then when mixed with the coconut oil it comes down again. 15%?
Without testing it's really difficult to back into a number for your shatter just based on the original THC content test.
hey shed thats quite an impressive before & after photo , i can see a difference
Well spotted TU! :thumb:
hope the spay works againts the PM
Thanks! I gave them another spray this morning and tomorrow I'll try the rub-it-off test.

As I mentioned in your thread, I don't recommend isopropyl alcohol for any kind of cannabis extract. @medmanmike used similar methods to cook off the iso and end up with test results showing residual amount well above state approved standards.* I personally recommend using 190 proof ethanol (not 200 proof since it often contains methanol to boost the proof number), and using a distiller to recapture much during the cook-off to save money.

*For example, the state of Michigan allows 500ppm iso for smoked extract and 5000ppm for ingested. Medmanmike had his tested at 17,782ppm after cooking off. That's over 3x higher than the ingestion max and over 30x higher than the smoking max.
Wow, that's a concern!

As I mentioned in your thread, I don't recommend isopropyl alcohol for any kind of cannabis extract. @medmanmike used similar methods to cook off the iso and end up with test results showing residual amount well above state approved standards.* I personally recommend using 190 proof ethanol (not 200 proof since it often contains methanol to boost the proof number), and using a distiller to recapture most of it during the cook-off to save money.
Yep sorry forgot you’d written that 😅

But also I’m mistaken in what we used. It wasn’t iso. Here’s a picture of the second batch onwards. The first was a small batch.

It was 99.8% Ethyl Alcohol, pictured. That’s better right?

Nick

8F4E7F90-F2B1-43EC-A870-5A586FFE6710.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom