InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I don't really have any information to back me up, but I'm wondering how much more it can mature after it releases from the anther inside the male flower while the flower continues to build pollen to make that initial burst when it opens up.
I didn't mean that the pollen from a burst sac could have gotten any more mature, just that it might not be as mature as the pollen from ones that take longer to open.
I do know, sadly from experience, that the initial bract that forms first before the rest of the bud can be pollinated, and can produce fertile seeds. I've grown a few.
I remember that @Van Stank used to pollinate those early pistils when he only wanted to make a few seeds to try without having to pollinate the flowers after flip. I think he probably waited for them to be fully out of the calyxes but it never occurred to me to ask about his timing!

Pollen news back here!

So, are you saying that plant is pollinated? It sure looks that way to me!
It does to me as well, but I was expecting it to get pollinated from pollen I could see!
You and Mel are in agreement then. Me? I'm just hopeful it's true because there may not be any white pistils left to pollinate when the pollen really does start to fly.
That’s odd…I’m not gonna search for it, but I’m pretty sure you gave me that suggestion a few years ago when I was growing outdoors at the farm…
Actually I think it was your idea!

I timed an outdoor male a few years back, and it was just 14 days
from spotting the first flowers to pollen dumping.
Best-case scenario, I guess, he was a healthy little guy...

Is that the one that was outside the window?
No, it was a little one the year before that 6 footer..
I chopped that big guy as soon as I saw first real flowers...

Just wanted to make sure I feature some of the sponsor's prizes from 2023 MOTY while we wait for some pollen, so let me kick it off with 420magazine's cool swag they send:

That mug is a great size and feels really nice in your hand, and there's a woman in my office who always appreciates the @Foods Alive hemp seeds! And there's no better way to gauge cola size than a 420 lighter. :thumb:

Next is the incredibly packaged and well-made Legacy Pro from @Airvape. It's so neat I did a whole unboxing thing:

That top plastic piece spins around the top as a gauge to see how high you are:

It comes with a box of accessories, like a charging cable, cleaning tools, and extra screens:

And then the piece itself:

It feels really solid in your hand with a leather(-like?), metal, and fabric skin for an excellent feel when holding or hitting it.

Speaking of hitting it, I've got a bit of a review from the missus, who says she really likes how quickly it gets to temperature and how adjustable the temps are. It boots up to 420ºF by default, but that was too hot on her lungs. After a few different tries she settled at 390º, and now it boots to that every time you turn it on.

It also charges wirelessly which is way cool!

It's heavier than a lot of other flower vapes out there so if you put it in your pocket or purse, you'll know it's there, but the power and effectiveness of the hits are better than any of the other flower vapes she's tried.

The wooden packing/dosing tool in the first pic is recommended (at extra cost) because filling and packing the bowl well is very important if you're going to carry it around vertically. Anything less than full and the ground flower can fall out of the bowl and scatter around the inside:

Also, this has happened on a couple of occasions:

Maybe my weed is too sticky! Dunno.
In spite of these little foibles, my wife is enjoying using it, as are the folks she shares it with. :welldone: @Airvape!

I'll post a few more in the next couple of days, but that's enough for now. Thanks for stopping by.

Quotes:

Funny that you mention Table Mountain, because about an hour before you posted that, we saw this come up on the television.

I'm actually thinking of flipping the Candida that remains in a solo cup to have a backup set of pistils just in case. :hmmmm:

And now it's 420, they have an amazing deal!!

Check out the website;)

Yeah. those healthy youngsters ...
Gotta learn to slow it down a bit.
IKR? Youth is wasted on the young!
And now it's 420, they have an amazing deal!!
Check out the website
Thanks for stopping by Airvape, and an amazing 4/20 deal sounds like a brilliant idea! :thumb:
The deals are here:

Shed and co, what was the consensus on what to do with dried and cured weed that has started growing mould on it? Did you decide that it was safe to use after decarb? I have a jar that has just started to turn.

Shed and co, what was the consensus on what to do with dried and cured weed that has started growing mould on it? Did you decide that it was safe to use after decarb? I have a jar that has just started to turn.
Toss it and live to grow another day! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom