today's work . . :cheesygrinsmiley:
My buddy and i are using thecapn's technique for germinating seeds

fastest and most successful way to germinate seeds - blogs - 420 magazine ®
100_8689.jpg

i was switching batteries and the date got mess up
100_8686.jpg

100_8706.jpg

100_8694.jpg

i touched the ziplock bag and i thought it might of been getting to hot.i was worried about cooking them so i doubled the bottom tray/one on top of another.

kjc do you put your seed in a dark place to germinate?

kjc, my friend and i want to says thank you for all the help and the time you have invested in us and our grow. . :Namaste:
:bongrip:

KingJohnC said:
When I germinate seeds I place them under a light on 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. You are welcome!

ISEARCH56 said:
KJC is that's because of your mix ? (peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, earth worm castings, glacial rock dust, gypsum, mycorrhizae )

Do you even use the paper towel?
KJC Can I use your method of germinating seeds with rockwool?

KingJohnC said:
I use a matchbox lines with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_001.JPG

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_003.JPG

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

I do not use paper towel to germinate seeds. My current soiless mixture is peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

ISEARCH56 said:
THANK YOU I WILL GIVE THE Rapid Rooter A TRY I HAVE SOME BAG SEEDS THAT I WANT TO LEARN WITH. . :cheesygrinsmiley:
AFTER I PUT Linda MY OLDEST TO FLOWER !@#$% I THINK I MIGHT BE OVER THINKING IT. I DO WANT TO PUT A SCroG screen on Linda.

KJC THANK YOU

KingJohnC said:
I am glad I could help you!

ISEARCH56 said:
100_8719.JPG
100_8720.JPG
100_8721.JPG
100_8722.JPG
100_8725.JPG
100_8735.JPG
100_8736.JPG

SOME OF THE SEEDS POPPED IN 24 HR'S. . :cheesygrinsmiley:
KJC I'M FLIPPING TO 12/12.
RIGHT NOW MY LIGHTS ARE ON FROM 9pm -3pm.
I WANT TO PUT Linda IN A LIGHT CYCLE FROM 10pm - 10am.
DO I LET THE NIGHT GO BY AND @10am PUT Linda TO SLEEP?

TO START THE FLOWERING PROCESS?

KingJohnC said:
Yes at 10am place your plant into darkness for 12 hours.

THANK YOU KJC . . . . :Namaste:

ISEARCH56 said:
AT 10am I PUT Linda TO FLOWER UNDER 1,000 WHAT? . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

100_8740.JPG
100_8741.JPG
100_8743.JPG
100_8742.JPG
100_8745.JPG
100_8744.JPG
100_87461.JPG
100_8747.JPG

THANK YOU KJC . . . . . :Namaste:

KingJohnC said:
When using a SCroG screen usually you allow the screen to fill 60% before flowering. In your case I would continue to train the tops through your SCroG screen to fill it.

ISEARCH56 said:
I COULD OF MADE THE SCroG screen SMALLER BUT I JUST GOT EXCITED.:cheesygrinsmiley:
NEXT TIME . . :laugh:

When you say, I would continue to train the tops through your SCroG screen to fill it.
What do you mean?

KingJohnC said:
Ideally you should have 1 top that will turn into a cola per square. You should train the tops so that they are spaced out 1 per square.

ISEARCH56 said:

OK, THANK YOU
I HAVE ALMOST ALL OF THE BRANCHES TIED DOWN.
SHOULD I UNTIE THEM?
I HAVE Linda ON TOP OF PIECE OF WOOD THAT'S LIKE 2" THICK
100_8740.JPG

SHOULD I REMOVE THE WOOD AND JUST USE THE BLACK TRAY FOR THE RUN OFF?

KingJohnC said:
I would prop up your plant with cut 2"x4" wood so that the tops come through your screen.

:rollit:

ISEARCH56 said:
POST BY KJC

By genetics trading I mean trading seeds/cuttings/clones/cannabis. Yes you can use all 3 of the products I listed with Jungle Juice but not all at the same time. Liquid KoolBloom and KoolBloom Dry are potassium and phosphate flowering supplements. Liquid KoolBloom is used from the time you switch to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness until the last few weeks where KoolBloom Dry is used instead. Snow Storm Ultra is used as a foliar feed at 1 millilitre per litre/quart from the time you switch to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness until the last 2 weeks of flower. You can see how well all 3 are working in my KingJohnC's and Labexperiment's Brainstorm Haze Grow Journal. Yes you can take another cutting from your plant if you wish to, depending how many cuttings you take you may be able to switch to flowering right away or need to give your plant additional time to recover. If you take many cuttings you may want to give your plant 7-10 days to recover before flowering your plant.

Questions & Answers - Shipping Seeds/Cannabis Through The Mail Isn't Allowed

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC said:
Thank you kindly!

ISEARCH56 said:
KJC PLEASE EXCUSE ME FOR THE LAST PM. I'M TRYING TO POST SOME OF OUR CONVERSATIONS IN MY JOURNAL. . . . :Namaste:

KingJohnC said:
Thank you for the preview!

ISEARCH56 said:
GREEN MORNING KJC

I JUST BOUGHT THIS !_!
100_8939_KJC_ALL_NEW.JPG

KJC-1.JPG

THIS IS THE BACK OF ^^ THE LA CROSSE
KJC-2.JPG

KJC_ALL_4_NEW1.JPG

KJC-3.JPG

KJC WHY DON'T ALL THE THERMOMETERS HAVE THE SAME NUMBERS?
DOES IT MATEER?
DOES IT MEAN THAT THERE NOT ACCURATE?

IS THERE A WAY TO CALIBRATE THEM TO ALL BEEN THE SAME NUMBER?

OR JUST LEAVE ALL THE THERMOMETERS IN THE SAME ROOM FOR 24 HOURS SO THAT THEY'LL HAVE THE SAME NUMBER?
KJC_ALL_4_NEW.JPG

KingJohnC said:
Some thermometers and hygrometers have a 2% accuracy and others have a 5% accuracy. I would trust the numbers from the new Eco Plus Digital Thermometer and sensors. You could try leaving all of the Digital Thermometers in the same area to see if their readings may converge. I do not believe there is any way to calibrate the Digital Thermometers.

ISEARCH56 said:
GREEN GREETINGS KJC

I'm Trying to figure out Linda's feeding in flower. I use the " NON PH PERFECT NUTRIENT from Advanced Nutrients"

This chart is 1 gallon for (Plus Program Bloom-Moderately Light Feeding )

KJC_FEEDING_CHART.JPG

I can choose
Plus Program Bloom-Light Feeding
Plus Program Bloom-Moderately Light Feeding
Plus Program Bloom-Medium feeding
Plus Program Bloom-Moderately Heavy Feeding
Plus Program Bloom-Heavy Feeding

I chose Moderately Light Feeding for the first feeding.
KJC What do You Think?
ps. I haven't feed Linda yet. Please Help

I got her on 12/12 from 10pm - 10am

Thank You KJC You've been CARRYING ME AND MY GROW

:thanks: . . . . . . . . . . KJC

KingJohnC said:
Start with the Plus Program Bloom-Moderately Light Feeding and watch your plant for signs of nutrient burns as yellow and brown tips on the fan leaves.

ISEARCH56 said:
Thank You KJC

KingJohnC said:
I am glad I could help you!

ISEARCH56 said:
I GET THIS INFORMATION FROM:

Heady's Redemption x 6 with T5 Veg & JD Lighting 600w E Ballast x 2

Saturn 6 38"x 29" x 7 $99.95 or Saturn 8 42" x 29" x 9 $129.95
Saturn_8.jpg

0071189.JPG

018395.JPG

KJC PLEASE CHECK THIS HOOD OUT

Hydro Crunch Hydroponic 6" Cool Tube Reflector W/XL Wing
by Hydro Crunch Hydroponic

I'M STARTING TO THINK THAT MY FRIEND SHOULD BUY The Hydro Crunch Hydroponic 6"?

KJC YOUR ADVISE TO ME WAS,
My choice for a cooltube reflector would be this one
The Apollo Horticulture GLRCTAC 6" Air Cool Tube Grow Light Deluxe Glass Cylinder with Hood Reflector

61HxjWCaVjL_SL1500_.jpg

THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTION I NOW HAVE 2. . . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

I left my thoughts on my thread instead of here Heady. LOL
I vote on the cool tube one. Like you said, the footprints point and I like that it wouldn't be as heavy because you don't have as much glass. Not to mention cleaning the glass....
Anyway, just my thoughts.
:Namaste:

My preference for the 2 reflectors would be the cooltube.

You can attach a carbon filter and draw air in through the intake side of your cooltubes and exhaust through your inline fan and out through your roof. Have a look at how I have my equipment hooked up in my KingJohnC 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC said:
Greetings ISEARCH56

Please give your friend my regards.

This is the reflector I would use with a 1000 watt light, the design of the other reflectors would tend to cut off the light at the sides and ends.

Sun System Reflectors 904520 Magnum XXXL 6" Air-Cooled Reflector
41PzWomK0RL.jpg
[/URL]

ISEARCH56 said:
MY FRIEND THINKS THAT SPENDING MONEY IS THE WAY TO GO. I TELL HIM TO BY A HOOD THAT WILL BE GOOD FOR HIS 5'X5' TENT AND TO NOT BUY A HOOD THAT'S BEST USED IN A ROOM AND NOT A TENT.

KingJohnC said:
Tell your friend to purchase the Hydro Crunch Hydroponic 6" Cool Tube Reflector W/XL Wing.

:thanks: . . . . KJC + REPS . . :passitleft: . . FOR MAKING THE TIME TO HELP MY FRIEND, MYSELF AND MY GROW . . . . :Namaste:

ISEARCH56 said:
GREEN MORNING KJC

The Capn Tea recipe:

*In a 5 gallon bucket of RO or distilled water:

5ml / gal aquashield
2 cups ancient forest
1 teaspoon great white
1 tablespoon grandma's molasses

KJC Is this the ingredient in The Capn Tea recipe?

Ancient Forest .5 CF Humus Soil Amendment
by General Hydroponics
KingJohnC said:
Yes that is the correct product for the tea recipe.

ISEARCH56 said:
GREAT GREEN GREETINGS TO AL @ :420:

MY OLD LADY SAW THIS AC :circle-of-love: THOUGHT THAT WEED CAN USE THIS (DIY) AC @ :420:

This five gallon cooling system developed by DesertSun02 on YouTube blows air over a frozen 1 gallon milk jug to create 5 hours of surprisingly cold air.

I WASN'T ABLE TO UPLOAD THE VIDEO/ I HAVEN'T LEARN HOW TO YET . . . . :cheesygrinsmiley:
SO HERE'S THE LINK
:bong:

Homemade Air Conditioner DIY - The "5 Gallon Bucket" Air Cooler! DIY- can be solar powered! - YouTube

5-gallon-bucket-air-conditioner-parts-components-574x288AC.jpg

5-gallon-bucket-air-conditioner-holes-drilled1-574x318AC.jpg

Materials Needed

5 gallon bucket with lid
Pail Liner for insulation (try a styrofoam "minnow bucket" or a stiff plastic one)
2″ PVC pipe cut into short segments
Small fan with a removable base or one that won't get in the way like this one.

Tools Needed

2 1/4″ and 2 1/8″ hole saws (we use DeWalt — they make both 2-1/4 and 2-1/8)
Drill
Box cutter or exacto knife to cut lid
Instructions

Drill 2-1/4″ holes in the bucket (3)
Drill 2-1/8″ holes in the liner behind (3)
Cut a larger hole in the lid, measured to fit your small fan.
Attach PVC segments to holes. If your liner holes are too big, you'll have to glue them in.
Fill with loose ice or a frozen gallon jug.
Rest fan in the hole you cut in the lid and turn it on.

KingJohnC said:
While this is cooling this is not air conditioning, air conditioning also removed humidity from the air. To insert the video into your grow journal copy the link from the youtube address bar, use the Insert Video icon that looks like a piece of film second from the right side above the post window and paste your link into the open window.

ISEARCH56 said:
DO U THINK IT'S WORTH EVEN POSTING?
SINCE IT DOES NOT REMOVE THE HUMIDITY.

KingJohnC said:
The video may be of some us to people

[video=youtube;HxSLbpAwibg]
[/video]

ISEARCH56 said:
THANK YOU KJC !_!

KingJohnC said:
You are welcome!

ISEARCH56 said:

I forgot to ask you if what I'm going to do is ok.
Mix 1 gallon with the feeding chart says for the Plus Program Bloom-Moderately Light Feeding and feed "Linda the whole gallon.
Right?

KingJohnC said:
You will only need to water as needed, I water my 5 gallon size pots with 1 gallon of nutrient mixture.

ISEARCH56 said:

Cool I just did that, I put 1 gallon+ the nutes
KJC do you use plain ph adjusted water every other time?
Feed, water, feed, water?
I have Linda in a 13 gallon trash bin. In the veg. stage I have fed Linda 2 gallons of a "hot nute mix" that I had diluted. With 2 gallons I get a little run off.

KJC do you think I can feed 2 gallons of the Plus Program Bloom-Moderately Light Feeding?

Green Morning KJC
I thought I had sent this reply the some day. . . . I would (log on and check the "User CP" to see if I had any Notifications, I had none. I was going to ask you about a Humidifier that doesn't have a light on it.

Reps . . :passitleft: . . To The Person That Thought About The AUTO-SAVE.

KingJohnC said:
I use nutrients every time I water unless I am flushing. With 13 gallons of a soil mixture I believe you can water with 2 gallons of nutrient mixture. You can use a piece of aluminum foil tape to cover the light on the humidifier.

Duck HVAC Metal Repair Aluminum Foil Tape

ISEARCH56 said:

Nice that's what I did for "THE BOX" . . :cheesygrinsmiley:
100_60951.JPG

KJC do you use nutrients you water in veg. or in flower or both?
I feed "Linda" with 1 gallon on 4-3-14 and the soil is a little dry, KJC do you think that I can water/feed more than one time in a week without any nute burn?

Greed morning KJC
I did it again I thought I had sent this reply.

KingJohnC said:
I use nutrient in vegetative growth and in flowering to enhance the rate of growth and meet the demands of the plants. I believe with 13 gallons of soil you could water with 2 gallons of a nutrient mixture. The rate that your plants can uptake nutrients depends on the size of the plant and the root mass, with the size of your plant I do not believe you should have nutrient burn with feeding the Plus Program Bloom-Moderately Light Feeding but monitor the tips of the leaves for any yellowing or browning as this is a sign of nutrient burn. The rate that your plant uses nutrients and water and requires watering again is an individual thing. If you believe the soil is dry and requires watering again you should stick your finger 2" into the soil and feel how moist it is, you can also use an inexpensive moisture meter to check how moist the soil is deeper in the soil.

ISEARCH56 said:
KJC IF YOU HAVE TIME, LET ME KNOW WITCH ONE YOU WOULD GET FOR YOURSELF.
KJC WHAT DOES YOUR HUMIDIFIER LOOKS LIKE?

Lasko 11289-Gallon Evaporative Recirculating Humidifier
by Lasko

THE ROOM IS ABOUT 12'X 13' AND I HAVE $125.00 TO INVEST. . :cheesygrinsmiley:
KJC DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GET A HUMIDIFIER WITH A FILTER?

Honeywell QuietCare 3-Gallon UV Tower Humidifier, HCM-300T
by Honeywell

Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier, HCM-350
by Honeywell

Honeywell QuietCare 9-Gallon Output Console Humidifier with Air Washing Technology, HCM-6009
by Honeywell

Optimus U-31005 2.0 Gallon Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
by Optimus

Crane Drop Shape Cool Mist Humidifier
by Crane

Vornado Evap3 Whole Room Evaporative Humidifier
by Vornado

KingJohnC said:
This is the same cool mist humidifier that we used in the Brainstorm Haze grow. I would recommend the Honeywell QuietCare 3-Gallon UV Tower Humidifier, HCM-300T. The only 2 things is due to the low humidity it required filling every day and the second is it has a light that must be covered.

ISEARCH56 said:
KJC THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME !_!

KingJohnC said:
You are welcome!

ISEARCH56 said:
Thank You KJC
I saw the Honeywell QuietCare 3-Gallon UV Tower Humidifier, HCM-300T humidifier in the Brainstorm Haze Journal, I just wasn't sure if it was the same.
I like it, I don't mind the filling every day part or the little light. . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

KJC can you please suggest a humidifier that can go for 2-4 days without been refilled.
My friend is often away for 3-5 days at a time for his JOB.
I'm trying to help him setup his first grow.

KingJohnC said:
Tell your friend to purchase the Hydro Crunch Hydroponic 6" Cool Tube Reflector W/XL Wing.

We ordered 2 . . . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

KJC :high-five:+ REPS . . . . :passitleft: . . . . FOR HELPING ME, HELP MY FRIEND

I'll post pics when WE set it up.

KingJohnC said:
The only type of humidifier that I am aware of that can be left for extended periods of time is a whole home humidifier attached to a furnace. The rate that the reservoir empties is dependent on the relative humidity in the home and how often it must run to maintain an acceptable humidity level.

ISEARCH56 said:
KJC what do you think about this humidifier for my friend it has a (6 gallon water holding capacity). My Buddy has a 5'x5' Gorilla Tent + a 10'x10' room.
We was thinking that if we get a humidifier with a bigger reservoir and put it on a timer that maybe my Buddy can manage 2-3 days away.

Essick Air Console Style Whole House Evaporative Humidifier - White

KingJohnC said:
The Essick Air Console Style Whole House Evaporative Humidifier does seem like it would humidify his growing areas well, with the larger size 6 gallon tank he could probably fill it with a 5 gallon pail. Your friend would need to run the humidifier to find out how long it could run and humidify the air between refills, a timer may not even be needed.

GREEN EVENING KINGJOHNC AND TO ALL @ . . . . . :420:

KJC Your Welcome

I WANT TO HELP ANY AND EVERY :420: MEMBER THAT I CAN. . :cheesygrinsmiley:

I want to show other members like ME that aren't Journal savvy, that by using the Private Messaging Feature/Option they can get help.
I sent Mr. Jimmy6000 a Private Message and now I have a New Friend/Teacher.

Some Times it's a little discouraging when you post a question and it doesn't get answered for days if your a lucky member . . :laugh: . . :laugh:

TO NEW MEMBERS DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE THE PRIVATE MESSAGE, THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN IS THAT YOUR PM DON'T GET A REPLY AND SO WHAT IT HAPPENS. THAT MEMBER DID THE RIGHT THING BY NOT REPLYING TO MY PM BECAUSE, THEY DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO SHARE AT LEAST THAT'S THE WAY I TOOK IT/LOOKED AT IT FROM WHERE I'M @:roorrip:

ISEARCH56 said:
Green Morning Mr. Jimmy6000

I'm going to try TheCapn's cloning technique for the first. I'm a noobie this will be my second TIME cloning. The first time I broke a branch by accident/not paying attention. I my 10 cutting out of that branch. I gave the cuttings 24 hours of complete darkness.
I have 5 clones out of the 10 cuttings do to my neglect. . :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mr. Jimmy6000 my question is: Do you or did you give your cuttings a period 24 of complete darkness when you used TheCapn's technique?

Mr. Jimmy6000 THANK YOU FOR YOU TIME

MY GREENNESS REGARDS . . . . :Namaste:

ISEARCH56

MY FIRST GROW WITH "CROUTONS"
ISEARCH's Broken Branch - Now Growing In Croutons 2014

Back
Top Bottom