Island Grow - 2015

I noticed the last three plants that I re-potted up' were looking burnt after watering. I just realized what is going on; when re-potting the first half of these ladies, I was using the soil from the males. I didn’t have but the one male when I repotted the last three, I used fresh fox farms ocean. Will this hot soil have a negative effect on flowering? It burned the bottom fan leaves pretty good.

I moved things around a bit for sun exposure. Everything is looking good. From flowering for a week to pre-flower. I think they will all be flowering by the end of the week. I see sativa???
DSC022966.JPG
DSC022978.JPG
DSC022988.JPG
DSC022998.JPG
DSC023008.JPG

Man, you are so blessed to be able to grow outdoors. I am in PR and is almost impossible to grow outdoors. I have a small farm in Colombia and we are planning to move there in the near future but still I would be afraid to grow outdoors. Will have to stick with my DWC process secretly.

btw, they look awesome.

I noticed the last three plants that I re-potted up' were looking burnt after watering. I just realized what is going on; when re-potting the first half of these ladies, I was using the soil from the males. I didn't have but the one male when I repotted the last three, I used fresh fox farms ocean. Will this hot soil have a negative effect on flowering? It burned the bottom fan leaves pretty good.

I will take this as a learning experience: Potting up, using fresh FFO, soil was not a good idea, plants are stunted in comparison to others. Also, the flowering almost stopped & pre-flowering is drawn out, these last plants are not yet "in flower". Live and learn.

Since potting up, I water roughly every 3 days, depending on rain. I fill a bucket with a bit over 4 gallons water, add a generous pour of big bloom, then add tiger bloom (now at 6/7 tsp for 4 gal). I let this sit at least two days. Adding the bb & tb seems to keeps the mosquito's away. Just before watering, I dissolve 4 tbs of molasses in warm water and add this to the mix. I am currently giving 2 litres of the water/nute mix to each lady at every watering.

Flower nutrients and/or boosters appear to be old news when searching through threads. Either that, or just not discussed as much. Are there good safe nutrients and/or boosters that I should consider during flower? I would like to maximize the potential without sacrificing taste or harm from additives.

Thanks. Have a great weekend.

Here is a photo update. What do you think?
Flowers are either in their 1st or 2nd week. Can anyone give me an idea of sativa%? I'm trying to get an idea of how long these will go. I'm enjoying the grow, it is satisfying!
DSC0230710.JPG
DSC023129.JPG
DSC023139.JPG
DSC023159.JPG
DSC023169.JPG
DSC023177.JPG

Another male showed today. The good news is, so did the first female.

DSC022585.JPG

When I started these I was worried that they would not veg long enough and be small. Now, I find myself wishing they were shorter. These guys really stretch at initial flower.

Maybe that's just the sativa streak in them, growing really tall, and stretching like crazy.
I know I've read your whloe journal, but i dont recall if you topped your plants? or used LST? This could help with stretching, Although, I dont know to what extent, since you're growing outdoor, and they look to be sativa dominate.

Maybe that's just the sativa streak in them, growing really tall, and stretching like crazy.
I know I've read your whloe journal, but i dont recall if you topped your plants? or used LST? This could help with stretching, Although, I dont know to what extent, since you're growing outdoor, and they look to be sativa dominate.

Most have been topped, all have been tied down(LST), and most still are to some extent.

Hello,
Everything is looking good, these girls are eating themselves up for some nutrient('s)s that I can't seem to give. Otherwise healthy??? See yellow leaves. Flowers are forming nice, lots of trichomes for 2 weeks. My camera doesn't show.

Have a great weekend everyone.
DSC023264.JPG
DSC023255.JPG
DSC023227.JPG
DSC023215.JPG

You should be able to see the line/spectra in most pics. Take care.

first pic looks like mag issue
the others look like nitrogen

I treated with Epsom salts and a 1tsp per gal of big bloom 2 days ago. I hope it helps.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom