Island Grow - 2015

From this on 8.8
photo_1579.jpg
to this today. 22 Days
DSC022616.JPG
So far; 1 confirmed lady
DSC022627.JPG
and 2 males.. deceased. This is a later start by about a week.
DSC022607.JPG
With this one, it took forever for anything to grow beyond the cotyledons. This plant seems to have a strong sativa streak. Working with limited camera, camera display is not functional. Shooting blind.

Looking good for roughly 22 days.

Is it true that for outdoor, the longer to show, the more likely it’s female? It really has been a long time since I grew anything. Is outdoor growing becoming a thing of the past?

Thanks

Another male today. That makes it 3 females and 3 males. Another week and we should have these sorted, I hope! Funny, the nicest, most full
DSC022637.JPG
are turning out male, Nice roots.

Howdy, I feel funny even posting as I don't have many followers and was/am unsure how to make this interesting. So far, I have four confirmed females; all are healthy and appear to have developed well for less than a month of vegetation. I was working with 12 starts that were started at the same time roughly. Two more were started roughly 14 days later (50/50 odds) was looking to get 7 females, staying legal in my state.
I have the four female, they are showing nice structure, I am potting up as I see sex and moisture in pots allow for transplanting. Of the five left, three should be female by structure alone, I think. It seems strange to have 5 not showing.

I have a question. Can someone recommend a Neem mix/recipe. I would like to strongly treat during the first stages of flower, hoping it will work as a preventative and ward off whatever. Should I maybe ask this question in another section? Thank you...

Thanks
DSC022667.JPG
DSC022676.JPG

Yeah, keep posting Stinker. Very interesting to see someone get back into growing to give a newb like me some inspiration. I'm growing outdoors in Oregon for the first time and have two nice plants I hope to get to harvest without the dreaded bud rot. Peace and waves.

Count me as a follower who is unsure how.

They do look pretty nice. I wish I could grow outdoors and also in dirt. I have to do so indoors and don't have much time so I selected DWC so I can do this process fast because I do need them for pain and all I have been using is tramadol and I hate pills. Is the only thing the VA hospital gives you for pain.

Perhaps in the future once I have about a six months supply, I will do dirt growing because is much easier. Keep up with the good work, they look awesome.

maybe some membrane stuck on it get a spray bottle wet it once in awhile and let the plant push its way through it
long days of summer in our hemisphere is going down it will still veg for awhile they are babies you can put em under 12/12 they will still
veg a bit before bloom
welcome to journaling on 420 mag :thumb:
lots people to help here and they don't mind helping good grow to ya

Ended up having a couple like this with these seeds. Once it gets past this hiccup, they take off. The first one, I know longer know what plant it was. The other, a later start.. is very unique. Hope she knows what she is.

I had two more females show this am, making it six confirmed. I just cant believe that these two don't show anything yet
DSC022697.JPG
, I brought them in and used a loupe, nothing. Can anyone say what this is?
DSC022707.JPG
I need a better camera. Mixing some neem today. Any suggestions for mixing by the litre? Group shot, re-tied the un-topped.
DSC022687.JPG
Funny, we used to bend and tie plants like crazy, now its LST. You can see top tied on left with blue tape. The two with blue tape in front are the newly id'd females, the four in back were previously confirmed. Of the first four, three have started to flower, the other I need to search to find the few pistils. Hi neighbors!
DSC022716.JPG
/
DSC022727.JPG

I appreciate everyone's input. Have a great day

As of this morning, I have 8 females,
DSC022748.JPG
1 of these could be a herm, It had what looked to be crab-claw like growth, now pistols as well. The male parts are not defining and seem to be less (never fully developed). Might have turned full female. Will watch close? This is the last one.
DSC0227510.JPG
biggest and most full of all.. looks like male growth is starting all over. I hope everything finalizes here soon. I want to keep it legal here, first grow and don't want problems. Will have thinned to seven by Friday.

Those are coming along nice, good training, I'd say sativa looking also.

I'm along for the journey, good luck!

Aloha!

Hello Stinkers dad? :ciao::welcome:

Good looking bunch you've got there, as you say you have to thin things down to seven by tomorrow - I would ditch all dubious and or uncooperative specimens and keep the girls that have shown sex without drama.

My growing conditions are not quite Hawaii but pretty close, so looking forward to watching your girls get their grow on in all that sunshine.

Good luck:cheer:

Good omen this morning; woke to see a praying mantis happily looking for food.
DSC022779.JPG
Hard to see, I need but don't want to buy a camera.
DSC022809.JPG

As of this morning, I have 8 females,
DSC022748.JPG
1 of these could be a herm, It had what looked to be crab-claw like growth, now pistols as well. The male parts are not defining and seem to be less (never fully developed). Might have turned full female. Will watch close? This is the last one.
DSC0227510.JPG
biggest and most full of all.. looks like male growth is starting all over. I hope everything finalizes here soon. I want to keep it legal here, first grow and don't want problems. Will have thinned to seven by Friday.

This Beach ball decided to be male after all.

Good Morning,
Everything is sorted and looking good.
DSC022919.JPG
The original bag, that held the bag-seed weed, sure seemed to be, or is just remembered as Indica dominant. Now, I don't know.
DSC022939.JPG
DSC0229010.JPG
As the seed came from outdoor Molokai grown, I wasn't expecting a Sativa dom. This looks pretty straight up sativa with flower form, stretch and leaves. ??
DSC022888.JPG

I really like strong sativa. Problem may be that I need to go out of the country in Mid Dec. for a month, and these need to finish before I go. Sativa can run long here. Opinions are appreciated.

Thank you. Have a great weekend.

Back
Top Bottom