Island Grow - 2015

As all seeds for this grow came from one bud, it would seem that there are at least three phenotypes for this strain. I have no idea what the strain is. If anyone recognizes any characteristics, please let me know. Not necessarily strain, anything… percentage of sativa, anything.
photo_1584.JPG

photo_3423.JPG
photo_4333.JPG

Two phenotypes seem to occur equally, as I have three of each. There was only one of the third phenotypes. Funny, the single took three weeks for it to get any growth other than the cotyledons.
3rd21.jpg
3rd8.jpg

all75.jpg

Since flowering started these plants showed a nitrogen and magnesium deficiency. It appeared to be getting bad. I treated and things are better. Some said best to leave it. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hey Stinker!:ciao:

Good looking bunch you've got there! Lots of Sativa goodness coming to you soon.

About the deficiencies and treatment, you know your girls best and if instinct said to feed them that's what one does. Just remember that from mid flowering you are going to get a natural nitrogen fade and from then on till harvest the plant will lose fan leaves as they yellow and die, but it's just a natural process

They look really good Stinker, keep on keeping on :thumb:

Hi Bapple,

Thank you for the kind words. Having these deficiencies' so early in flower scared me, I couldn't see the girls making it through at the rate they were losing leaves. Now that I supplemented, the yellow leaves are not shedding, they are able to follow the sun and moon.

Having an unknown strain is somewhat challenging. It would be nice to have an idea of how long flowers will take to mature?

I believe I read where you said your girls don't smell much unless touched; my girls are pungent, even with the trades. It's a great smell (pine, citrus and sweet), just don't want to advertise.

Your girls are looking fantastic.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Start of week 4. This is our first sun after two days of rain. The trichomes are starting to build up. The smell is incredible, almost too much. I say this now, will only smell stronger. I believe these are going to finish out nicely.
12683.jpg
21791.jpg
31809.jpg
41402.jpg
51150.jpg

Have a nice week.

wow what a beautiful garden! those are some really tight internodes! are you out lahaina way?

Thank you. No, I am on the other side. West Maui mountains, below the Iao Valley.

Start of week 5 picture update. Spent considerable time this morning looking for trouble, looking deeper for any caterpillars', borers, mold, rot etc... Glad to say I didn't find anything like that. I have had thrips throughout the grow; they have never gotten out of control.
10_12_8.jpg
10_12_7.jpg
10_12_6.jpg
10_12_51.jpg
10_12_41.jpg
10_12_31.jpg
10_12_21.jpg
10_12_11.jpg

Thinking these could finish sooner than I thought.

Happy Monday

you think? Im still on my first grow so i dont have much to add. But what characteristics make it kush?
I'm really a novice here. Sativa is loose... the flower formation is more stretched out, not dense. These buds while big, and stacking up have very little space between internodes... they are 5+ inches around, tight and young. Calyxes are huge. The first that flowered showed as a sativa to me. Now, I think she just ran fast and got ahead of herself. Flowers are tight. Look at this cola, not more than 3 weeks in flower.
10_12_8.jpg
These are big fat dense colas building. All now look to me to be Indica dominant.
I'm just liking the grow experience. Really got tired of running out and then getting the lesser colas.

Hey Blazing, the truth is I really don't know anything for sure. Mostly, I went off of pictures and the info I can get searching. These buds look to me to have the characteristics of Indica/kush dominant I see in others pictures. That and I know sativa are slow to mature. These are moving along nicely. Colas are like hand grenades in size and dense. If anyone knows, I would be interested as well.
10_13_4.jpg
10_13_2.jpg

Hey Blazing, the truth is I really don't know anything for sure. Mostly, I went off of pictures and the info I can get searching. These buds look to me to have the characteristics of Indica/kush dominant I see in others pictures. That and I know sativa are slow to mature. These are moving along nicely. Colas are like hand grenades in size and dense. If anyone knows, I would be interested as well.
]

Might be a hybrid....

Back
Top Bottom