Josh 4.75

Not grow related, but today I garnered an "official" birth certificate, passed through the hoops to get marriage licences, yeah, that's plural, and have all the rings en route. "Stupid is as stupid does". Still, I'm ex-tactic.

Edit..Sounds bad there. One girl, one guy. Multiple rings (for her). Mucho, mucho pesos for me.

Nothing really photo worthy tonight. I did take the six most developed clones out of the cloner. They are currently in veg.

I started getting together all my 2 Liters. I also converted some "virgin" bottles. I thought I had around 20 that I can't find. I may do some more experimenting with the 3.5 gallon trash cans.

I had some approximately 1.5 Liter bottles that I turned into Hempy pots and transplanted the BC God Bud, Blue Blood, and Purple Kush future baby mamas. I have to say, them little ladies are really taking off. I'm thinking two more weeks and I'll be able to take the first clones from them.

In a bit I'm going to work on the 5 gallon Hempy HGK mother plant. She's 6' total height now and haven't had clones taken from her in nearly a month. She is simply too big for me to house. She has to be trimmed way, way, waaaaaaay down before she sees 12/12. I need to take her down so much that I'm going to do it in phases. I have a screen. I'd love to doing a huge single plant scrog. Never done the technique, but I think she'd blow our minds.

Should be around six weeks until I get my tax return. That means LEDs for me. I think I'll wait until then and make sure I'm confident with the new nutes before throwing her in. Besides, the tent is going to be maxed out until then.

Keep 'em green. :peace:

As my 2L bottle count increases I'm starting understand why you've been looking at the 3.5gal hempys. And I only have to water mine every 3 days lol.

Sounds like our Blue Bloods are close. I just transplanted mine into a 2L yesterday. I'm also predicting clones in a few weeks. I'm debating whether to top her or not. Kind of scared to seems how it's my only Blue blood and the medicine is so important. We'll see what I decide in the next week here.

Keep up the great work! You've inspired me. I can now say I'm a 2L bottle junky :)

I'm debating whether to top her or not. Kind of scared to seems how it's my only Blue blood and the medicine is so important. We'll see what I decide in the next week here.

I'm super excited about the Blue Blood. 10% CBD! Mine, along with all the new moms...I'm going to cut the tops off for clones. After about a week from that I am going to LST them.

I didn't look at the flowering tent last night. I was so pissed after work I didn't want to pass those vibes onto the gals.

I have nine HGK clones going into the flowering tent. I'm so glad that I stuck it out instead of tossing them. I could set all of them now, but I'm waiting for a bit longer roots. I like having the roots in the reservoir when they are set.

I have to water the flowering gals tonight. I also need to do some rearranging. It's a bit of a pain having only one main light and plants from a few inches to close to three feet in height. The younger plants are suffering from the distance. Today I got two more milk crates for stands. Hopefully I can come up with a better orientation. I'll snap some pics when the lights come on.

:420:

I'm super excited about the Blue Blood. 10% CBD! Mine, along with all the new moms...I'm going to cut the tops off for clones. After about a week from that I am going to LST them. I didn't look at the flowering tent last night. I was so pissed after work I didn't want to pass those vibes onto the gals. I have nine HGK clones going into the flowering tent. I'm so glad that I stuck it out instead of tossing them. I could set all of them now, but I'm waiting for a bit longer roots. I like having the roots in the reservoir when they are set. I have to water the flowering gals tonight. I also need to do some rearranging. It's a bit of a pain having only one main light and plants from a few inches to close to three feet in height. The younger plants are suffering from the distance. Today I got two more milk crates for stands. Hopefully I can come up with a better orientation. I'll snap some pics when the lights come on. :420:

I'm really excited for the blue blood also. I feel think its a great candidate to sample high CBD strains because it still has more THC than CBD so at least ill still feel high lol.

I feel your pain trying to play plant Tetris under one light. I have so man different sized plants it's really becoming a struggle to keep them even but I figure it's better to have a perpetual than a perfectly even canopy.

I have so man different sized plants it's really becoming a struggle to keep them even but I figure it's better to have a perpetual than a perfectly even canopy.

Agreed.

So, bad news first. Apparently I am having a nute issue. From what I see, I'm thinking it's lock out. It's only effecting the largest of the older plants. Those were the ones that started out flowering under my former brand, then switched to Botanicare. There's absolutely no possible way that it's deficiency. So, tonight I watered all the plants, minus the newest clones, with PHed water and 75 mg of Clearex/5 gallons of water. Tomorrow they will get an additional dose.

Here come the pics:

grow_2191.jpg
grow_220.jpg
grow_2211.jpg
grow_222.jpg
grow_223.jpg
grow_224.jpg
grow_225.jpg
grow_226.jpg
grow_227.jpg
grow_228.jpg
grow_229.jpg
grow_230.jpg
grow_231.jpg
grow_232.jpg
grow_2331.jpg
grow_234.jpg
grow_2351.jpg
grow_236.jpg
grow_237.jpg
grow_2381.jpg
grow_2391.jpg
grow_240.jpg
grow_241.jpg
grow_242.jpg
grow_243.jpg
grow_244.jpg
grow_245.jpg
grow_246.jpg
grow_247.jpg
grow_248.jpg
grow_249.jpg
grow_250.jpg
grow_251.jpg
grow_252.jpg
grow_253.jpg
grow_254.jpg
grow_255.jpg
grow_256.jpg
grow_258.jpg
grow_2571.jpg

I checked out all your grows...Your pretty good...I have a couple of tips for you if you if would like to try them...your milk crate idea works great use planks of wood to make shelves.. trim your plants up a little before you put them in flowering at least six inches of naked stem from dirt to the bottom of plant.. gives you no reason to use your little cfls for side lighting...and I tried leds they are not worth it.. if that's a 600 watt light buy a 1000 watt light...there is a new style hood and bulb that you need a digital ballast and its a double ended bulb... the spectrum of light is triple then a normal 1000 watt set up but they are pricey.. please use bigger pots I use 9 inch white square pots.. they save space and never root bound. go with a six inch if like...check into it...buy one of the pots and try one plant if it does better...if it doesn't.. you wasted four bucks on a pot lol...keep up the great work every looks great...more plants more lights... hps is best...

srt8nuts, thank you for stopping by. :welcome:

I'm currently running a 600 watt SunMaster HPS bulb off of a digi ballast and large cool tube/reflector combo. Looking back, I should have went 1K watt. I did this all over time, pay check to pay check. The CFL's and corner fluorescents are to compensate for the lack of penetration. This is the first time I haven't used a defoliation regimen. I'm still evolving as a grower.

I have really bad heat issues in the summer and average a $500/month power bill year long. I need to reduce those, that's my reasoning for switching to LEDs.

The straight from cloner to 2 Liter Hempy Pot method has been established for around 35 years. I'm just following someone else's idea. 89 days in flowering has been my longest in a 2 Liter, a vary Sativa heavy A Train pheno. Not with those, nor at any other time have I ever had a root bound flowering plant using this method. Remember, 99% of the time I put them in the flowering tent minutes after they have been taking out of the cloning machine-zero to little vegetative cycle. The Hempy pots have an internal reservoir. Not quite like DWC, but that's the closest example I can think of. I've never heard of a DWC grown plant becoming root bound.

Given my height and small veg tent size restrictions, this is the best way I know how to do this. Yeah, I'd love to veg plants for a long time and grow indoor trees and pull lbs from a single plant. Just not currently feasible. My camera really doesn't do any of this justice. Those two taller plants in the flowering tent were actually veged for around 2 1/2 weeks and are currently close to 4' total height. I make sure to take some root ball pics in around three weeks time.

I want to thank you again for checking out my journal. Stay tuned, I'll be doing a chop in around three weeks and in around a months time be starting three more new-to-me strains.

:thanks:

Added: Concerning the 2 Liter Hempy Pots, the two that were held in veg should yield around 30-ish grams dried each. The other ones should be around 20 grams +/-. Holy Grail Kush is not considered a heavy yielder. My point is that 9 2 Liters/square foot X 20 grams dried (average) = a content Mr. Josh.

I know it's a pain and more work than I need to exert towards the final goal. Still, this is top shelf hydro albeit in a very simple system. If I weren't trying to do this perpetually, the individual plants would be drastically larger or at least more "identical".

led technology is getting better and better
lots of good led's out there

Agreed wholeheartedly. I spoke, er tried to, a forum sponsor that manufactures LEDs. I will not mention the company name as they are a current sponsor. My personal opinion based solely on private correspondence is that they are shady. So, I was looking at Advanced. Heck, been looking at them for over a year. Can't remember the model of the top of my head...XML...something like that. The bigger one with the 10 watt Crees. For that same price I can get triple the coverage using another sponsor, Top LED's 5 watt individual diode Mars II.

I'm going LED and that's all there is to it. As always $$$ is a factor. I don't sell this stuff. The only profit I'm making is savings, long term savings.

I'm getting married in less than a week. I'm praying that in the next year we can afford to move into a nicer/larger home. Not if, but when that happens I'm going to put on my big boy Under-Roos and go a little bigger, but more proper. I really want to have four different elevated drain to waste tables. You'll see. You and your little dog.:clown::rocker:

:Namaste:

Added: I do so much research sometimes it's difficult to find those specific files in my brain. The Advanced LED that I was looking at is, I think, but the larger model Cronichemphog has. bigirishdood grows first class medicine using Top LED and it's a fraction of the price. Not saying anything about our sponsors as I've not had first hand experience with either. But there are instances when sense > $.

Back
Top Bottom