Josh 4.75

Those big ones look like trees! The trunks are massive and 30grams would be a great pull using a 2L container. Especially with such a short veg time.

I had a plant that was almost 5' tall in 3gal soil and it didn't even come close to filling the container. Honestly I think the biggest advantage to larger containers isn't necessarily plant size but the amount of volume you have to buffer nutrients, ph, and excessive waterings. I think this is because to really fully utilize a 5gal container for example you would need to have the plant in it for 5months. Most likely vegging for 2mos and flowering for 3mos. Usually most indoor grows end up vegging for 1mo or less and flowering for 2mos. That calls for a 3gal pot but if your doing a hydro like a hempy bucket it would decrease the size of the pot needed. I'd wager you could veg a plant up to 6 weeks, flower for 8, and you still wouldn't be root bound. At least that's my opinion. Ill have a much better idea in a few mos. I have plants flowering in 2L, 1gal, 3gal, and 5gal.

When it comes to lights I think 600 vs 1000 is more of a personal preference. There's a lot of opinions out there that favor 600's because of how much closer they can get to the canopy. Personally I'd prefer 2 600's vs 1 1000 because then you can run multi spectrum with one using MH and the other using HPS.

I know zilch about LED's. I've read tons of info on them but it just doesn't stick lol.

I can't believe your power bill gets up to $500 per month. Is electrical just that expensive out there? Mine is usually $150 total. My grow costs about $50 per mo running 1kWh average. In the summer time ours can get up to $200. One way I reduced our costs was by exhausting into our house. I ran the 6in exhaust to a bathroom bent downstairs so we no longer have to run space heaters in the basement. Then in the summertime Ill exhaust outside again. I've also been systematically replacing our bulbs around the house with CFL's.

Keep up the great work bro!

srt8nuts, thank you for stopping by. :welcome:

I'm currently running a 600 watt SunMaster HPS bulb off of a digi ballast and large cool tube/reflector combo. Looking back, I should have went 1K watt. I did this all over time, pay check to pay check. The CFL's and corner fluorescents are to compensate for the lack of penetration. This is the first time I haven't used a defoliation regimen. I'm still evolving as a grower.

I have really bad heat issues in the summer and average a $500/month power bill year long. I need to reduce those, that's my reasoning for switching to LEDs.

The straight from cloner to 2 Liter Hempy Pot method has been established for around 35 years. I'm just following someone else's idea. 89 days in flowering has been my longest in a 2 Liter, a vary Sativa heavy A Train pheno. Not with those, nor at any other time have I ever had a root bound flowering plant using this method. Remember, 99% of the time I put them in the flowering tent minutes after they have been taking out of the cloning machine-zero to little vegetative cycle. The Hempy pots have an internal reservoir. Not quite like DWC, but that's the closest example I can think of. I've never heard of a DWC grown plant becoming root bound.

Given my height and small veg tent size restrictions, this is the best way I know how to do this. Yeah, I'd love to veg plants for a long time and grow indoor trees and pull lbs from a single plant. Just not currently feasible. My camera really doesn't do any of this justice. Those two taller plants in the flowering tent were actually veged for around 2 1/2 weeks and are currently close to 4' total height. I make sure to take some root ball pics in around three weeks time.

I want to thank you again for checking out my journal. Stay tuned, I'll be doing a chop in around three weeks and in around a months time be starting three more new-to-me strains.

:thanks:

I understand size constrictions. .and didn't read into it about the hempy pots didn't know they were hydro lol...those are pretty kick ass..(always stuck with soil).not knocking just giving props.. let me know what the strains they maybe I can give you a couple pointers if need be.. I have grown over 50 different in my time...I love variety... best strain so far is Apollo 13 followed by headband and third I ran out of my own medicine once a friend scored me a bag of this stuff he called apple crisp...never heard of it before but anyways I scored two seeds out of a pretty large bag popped one and saved one...then lost all clones in a power outage that happened while we were away for the weekend (I use an easy cloner 32)...

All plants currently flowering are Holy Grail Kush (Kosher Kush X The OG #18) This is only the second time I've ran the strain. It is my current favorite based on taste and effect, not its growing habits. My favorite to date to grow is Delicious Seed's Northern Light Blue.

I live in an area filled with hydroelectric dams, wind turbine farms, and the world's first nuclear reactor. I know electricity is more expensive in most other places. Our house has zero insulation. Most of the windows are single-paned, wooden sashed. The exterior doors are also non-insulated. Two air conditioners going in the summer and electric heaters in the winter. The house just doesn't hold the desired temperature.

I put super heavy visqueen and lath around the older windows, gone through at least a case and a half of caulk, and around 6 cans of spray foam. Helped marginally. I'm currently venting the grow under our bathroom. Even when the lights are on you don't want bare feet touching the floor. Just a POS house.

All plants currently flowering are Holy Grail Kush (Kosher Kush X The OG #18) This is only the second time I've ran the strain. It is my current favorite based on taste and effect, not its growing habits. My favorite to date to grow is Delicious Seed's Northern Light Blue. I live in an area filled with hydroelectric dams, wind turbine farms, and the world's first nuclear reactor. I know electricity is more expensive in most other places. Our house has zero insulation. Most of the windows are single-paned, wooden sashed. The exterior doors are also non-insulated. Two air conditioners going in the summer and electric heaters in the winter. The house just doesn't hold the desired temperature. I put super heavy visqueen and lath around the older windows, gone through at least a case and a half of caulk, and around 6 cans of spray foam. Helped marginally. I'm currently venting the grow under our bathroom. Even when the lights are on you don't want bare feet touching the floor. Just a POS house.

Man and I thought I had it bad. Guess we were lucky that the previous owner of ours installed windows, central AC, and a new furnace or we'd be in the same boat.

Our local rate is .066 per kWh. Not sure how that compares to your area. Our state actually exports energy from hydro electric dams that create a huge surplus.

Yeah, my state ships electricity to most of the western states. I can look out my window and see 300' tall wind turbines. A few years ago the college I work for took out the Machinist program in favor of Wind Turbine Technology. I don't know how much we pay per kilowatt hour. I look when the next bill comes.

I think the majority of the power bill is do to this house's inefficiency. Only me and the mrs. We don't use that much except for heating and cooling. 5 years ago I was paying $30/month on the other side of the state. That was with a wood working shop included.

The flushs seemed to work wonders. We'll see.

After the assault incident on Monday, I'm not feeling in the most sharing mood.

I'm trying to make the best Limonene Terpenes out of the lemons I was dealt. And yeah, the first HGK's will be coming down in two weeks time.

Most likely I'm not going to be very active until the upcoming chop. My apologies and all.

Keep 'em green.

:420:

I love this place too much.

Quick update: I had to defol. I used a light hand; puffing on the popcorn.

grow_274.jpg
grow_273.jpg
grow_272.jpg
grow_271.jpg
grow_2701.jpg
grow_2691.jpg
grow_268.jpg
grow_2671.jpg
grow_266.jpg
grow_2651.jpg
grow_2641.jpg
grow_263.jpg
grow_262.jpg
grow_261.jpg
grow_260.jpg
grow_2581.jpg
grow_2561.jpg
grow_258.jpg

68 is my closest head count.

Very nice, it looks like the buds are putting on some weight. Really impressive plants for growing in 2L, my favorite picture was the one with the Busch beer can, great picture, gleaming with glory - it really shows the size comparison, and how big the container compared to the buds. +Reps for another great lookin' round. :bravo:

The lighting happened to jive in those couple pics.

Honestly, I'm really disappointment about how the group shots turned out. Looks like twigs IMHO. That's why I attempted to use the 16 oz Busch can and the 5 gallon Wally World bucket for scale.

The "prettiest" pictures that I seem to capture turn out the worst and vice versa.

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom