Keffkas Seedsman Comparative: Purple Ghost Candy

Are there any azalea gardeners here? My wife wants me to rescue this plant but I think it may have petal blight and may be too far gone

IMG_8493.jpeg

IMG_8491.jpeg

IMG_8492.jpeg

@Gee64 @StoneOtter @Azimuth @Melville Hobbes
@Trala

See post I’ve replied to

Are there any azalea gardeners here? My wife wants me to rescue this plant but I think it may have petal blight and may be too far gone

IMG_8493.jpeg

IMG_8491.jpeg

IMG_8492.jpeg
Yes - apply some sequestered Iron and don't use tapwater on ericaceous plants
A mulch of pine needles will help keep the pH lower

Yes - apply some sequestered Iron and don't use tapwater on ericaceous plants
A mulch of pine needles will help keep the pH lower

Yes what? Yes it’s petal blight or yes it can be saved? (This reads really curt, I don’t mean it to be)

I’ve got pine trees so I’ll grab up some needles, quarantine em then mulch the plant. This is the first I’ve heard of no tap water but I’ve definitely been watering from the tap, I’ll switch over to RO

Here’s a few more shots:

IMG_8497.jpeg
IMG_8496.jpeg
IMG_8498.jpeg

I’m almost positive it’s Ovulinia Petal Blight. My only hesitation on the diagnosis is, there are no watery spots on the petals, and the affected flowers don’t feel wet or slimy. Much the opposite in fact, dried out in the discolored areas

I have azalea's growing but out in the yeard and they manage themselves. Sorrry I got nothing.. :(

They’re from a grocery store and are in a small 6 inch plastic pot. I’m trying to decide whether they’re worth working on or not. If they are I may transplant to a fabric or take them outside

So my plan of action is to take these three to four newer branches. I will take the cuttings, dip them in aloe for the fungicide in case it is blight. This will save me the ridiculous cost of a new plant, and give us a second bush, while letting me toy around with the first plant and figure out what’s going on

IMG_8499.jpeg

So my plan of action is to take these three to four newer branches. I will take the cuttings, dip them in aloe for the fungicide in case it is blight. This will save me the ridiculous cost of a new plant, and give us a second bush, while letting me toy around with the first plant and figure out what’s going on

IMG_8499.jpeg
Perfect!

IMG_8493.jpeg

IMG_8491.jpeg

IMG_8492.jpeg
Well I’d cut them right back and plant them in your garden. Azaleas don’t like being controlled in a pot. They do better with their feet in the soil in the freedom of a garden bed.

IMG_8499.jpeg
Sounds like a plan.

Easy tiger - I mean yes, I grow azalea
Once those flowers fail [they will, you may as well cut them off now] , clip them back to the next pair of leaves, like topping
Rhododendra do not like to be pot bound so a big hole of manure will get most flowers
pH 5.0-5.5 duck shit seems to work best
I grow Acer from seed too, grows in the same mix

I've got azaleas, they do loose there blooms and regrow them throughout their seasons. You're supposed to fertilize them once really well at the beginning of spring. They love full sun and they don't require a bunch of water. They like acidic alkaline soil
They're in the same area as the spruce trees

Now that I can no longer get the entire garden in one frame I will trim up the excess and growths I won’t flower out. Had to add another 2 fans to the room due to the density. Flip +11

IMG_8504.jpeg
IMG_8505.jpeg
IMG_8506.jpeg
IMG_8507.jpeg

I've got azaleas, they do loose there blooms and regrow them throughout their seasons. You're supposed to fertilize them once really well at the beginning of spring. They love full sun and they don't require a bunch of water. They like acidic alkaline soil
They're in the same area as the spruce trees
'acidic alkaline soil'
that don't make sense to me Sis

Calcium is flowing well and everyone is super healthy, the leaves are taking on their shiny satin appearance from balanced fertility

IMG_8515.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom