Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow Using Remo Nutrients By Tokin Roll

Good morning 420 Magazine.

Thank you for stopping by @StoneOtter

Little bit of an update on my two @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy.

Both of my PGC are different and from what I understand there are two pheno's. One purple which is also the stronger of the two and a green one that is a little less attractive and potency.

Purple Ghost Candy in my tent 3x3 has slightly different node spacing and the branches are solid and not pliable. This one started out growing fast, but slowed down going into flower transition. This one is taking about a half gallon a day, where the other one in the 2x4 is taking a little less than a gallon a day. This one has been a lighter green the whole grow; where as the other one is a dark truer green.

Where as the Purple Ghost Candy in my tent 2x4 the branches are still workable for training. This one started out on the wimpy side, but when I started the transit to flower she has sped up and hasn't look backed. I am still giving her light training even in flowering stage.

Here are some current images.

That's all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @InTheShed @MochaBud @Ke0ncp and @bluter

I had to make a command decision the other day, by changing the tents. I put the larger of the @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy in the 3x3 tent and placed the other in the 2x4 tent. The PGC with the pliable branches or the bigger of the two will have a little more room in the larger tent.

They both are starting to show signs of pre-flower, so the show will be starting soon. PGC in the small tent is taking about 1/2 gallon of solution a day. I think the bigger of the two is taking about 3/4 a gallon a day. so they are pushing right along with no signs of any problems in the near future.

That's all folk's.

Tok.. :bong:

Thank you for stopping by @StoneOtter and @Ke0ncp

I believe there are two different phenotypes. PGC has a purple one and a green one and I think I have one of each growing. The two girls are very different from each other. One has strong hard branches and the other still has pliable branches. They are both the same age and grown together the same exact way. I moved the strong one to my 3x3 tent because it has more head room for growth.

I was checking on them a little while ago and noticed that the cal-mag foliage spray is doing its job. When I started treating the smaller one of the two she was a pale green and she was being fed the same. So, I decided to use Blue Planet powder cal-mag because it has a high nitrogen level. I think I have three or four different cal-mag additive to select from some liquid, some powder, but all different.

Tok..

P.S. One way or the other I have a purple one.

Time for another up day.

Both @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy are doing great and maybe a little to great. Since I started giving them a foliage spray of cal-mag they both now have a rich and healthy green color. I am using 5ml per gallon for my spray if you are wondering. I decided to go with @Blue Planet Nutrients cal-mag power which is high than most with nitrogen, but it worked well.

Both PGC are in preflower and starting to build some buds. If anyone else out there that like to scrog the Purple Ghost Candy would be a perfect plant with her internode spacing. If no one else does it I may do it next winter season.

Busy day today so short update with many images.

Sorry to arrive so late Tokin, but I had a great time catching up.

Those are two beefy girls you've got going! :yummy:

Wowzers! Your PGC ladies are looking really good.

Thanks for the scrog info, I just started my PGC grow and am going to scrog them. I had read a ton of info on scroging when I decided that’s what I was going to do with them. But typical me that information has all found its way to another storage location other than my brain…..

From what I am seeing it would be good to net them about 7-10 days after flip and just keep tucking :)

Thank you for stopping by @Grand Daddy Black and @Ke0ncp

Sorry to arrive so late Tokin, but I had a great time catching up.
It's called fashionable late, but in time for the show.
I did not train them as well as I should have, been busy with wife's care.

Thanks for the scrog info, I just started my PGC grow and am going to scrog them. I had read a ton of info on scroging when I decided that’s what I was going to do with them. But typical me that information has all found its way to another storage location other than my brain…..

From what I am seeing it would be good to net them about 7-10 days after flip and just keep tucking :)
Will you be growing in soil or water?
What size net were you thinking?

I make my own so I can have 3 inch spacing. I will move to the side to may training under the net easier, but will not stretch like the ones you can buy. I am currently doing a 48" scrog in my other journal with @SeedsMan Banana Jealousy.

I normally lay my net down about three weeks (of 8 week veg) before I go into flower so I can use the stretch period to hopefully finish filling the net. This way the plant is already laying down. She will still grow well in veg under the net.

Be sure to tag me when you start so I can follow along.

Tok..

Will you be growing in soil or water?
What size net were you thinking?
I am doing a SIP using pro-mix HP

I have a 4x4 net that has 3” holes that I am going to split between the 2 plants. I’m not decided yet how I am going to split the net between them, I am thinking into rectangles but only have access to the front of my tent so it might be tough for the back of the net. @InTheShed had mention splitting it to make 2 triangles. So that the middle of each side of the net is a little more accessible.

Today's update will be on @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy.

Both of my PGC are doing well, maybe a little to well. They are growing like weeds, I wonder why? :rofl:

The PGC in my 3x3 was getting to close to the light, so I tilted it on a 45 degrees angle and she doesn't seem to mind to much. One thing to consider when growing PGC is she a beast and training is a must. I could of done a better job at training but my personal life takes presidents and my wife is back in the hospital again. Enough on that.

Currently both PGC are on week 1 of @Remo Nutrients flowering schedule and they seem to enjoy it with no real problems to speak of. My grows can get boring because not much ever happens, and when it does it is address immediately.

My two @ViparSpectra XS1500PRO and XS-2000 LED's is doing a really great job at providing what my ladies want.

That's all folk's.

Got to clean the house and go see my wife.

Back
Top Bottom