Kerala x Skunk & NL x Skunk - Indoors - End of 2014

I'm really really really impressed with this light so far! Sooooo bright, and running so cool! I can run my grow light and my microwave and my A/C at the same time again! So little power, yet it's a powerplant of a light. It seems really sturdy, and of very good quality. There's no rattling, no sparks, no smoke, no bad vibes whatsoever coming from this. I knew there wouldn't be, of course, lol.

The girls are lifting their leaves, looking perky! For this time of day, after a good watering (no nutes today, maybe the day after tomorrow), that's remarkable. :)

And, as I'm one to always worry about discretion in shipping, I will say here and now that this shipped nice and discreetly. It has, with Chinese characters above (I really want to learn to read and write Chinese), lettering "MH-300-100LED" on a sticker on the side, but that could be interpreted as a model number for just about anything. Return address is an address in California, simply a "return company only."

EDIT: I've got the light currently at about 22" from the top of the pots.

I just smoked a small bowl, am pretty ripped. Opened my closet door, and couldn't help but lose track of time as I stared at my girls. Everything is green now. Trippy as hell. I'm in love.

AMF,

I built my remote system because I knew I would be doing that all the time, and I figured it was easier to just give my grow space their own computer monitor that I can stare at from my office. Ya, the same one with a veg space built into the credenza. cough cough.

Here is to a happy grow...

Aki

thanks for the measurements. when the light goes off can you take exact measurements for me? I misplaced my ruler lol. I tried using sunglasses and I still see green after being in the light.

That green is awesome, and may be worth forsaking a remote monitoring! :rofl:

I do love the idea of remote monitoring. I'm thinking of hooking up a webcam to my computer, simply through the wall between my grow closet and my PC. ;)

I'll check it, b.real. Gimme a sec, I'm not sure when exactly they're going off, but I'll kill em for a minute. BRB.

370mm*164mm. +/-1mm (cheap stainless 30cm ruler)

I just smoked a small bowl, am pretty ripped. Opened my closet door, and couldn't help but lose track of time as I stared at my girls. Everything is green now. Trippy as hell. I'm in love.

Congratulations on your LED light panel!

I wanted to remind everyone who is growing with either Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium or LED light panels to use proper eye protection to preserve your vision. I am using the pair of HydroFarm Active Eye Growroom Glasses that are made to colour correct High Pressure Sodium lighting and the colours are very close but slightly on the blue scale. At least invest in a pair of Professional UV Safety Glasses commonly available to protect your eyes against Ultra Violet damage. Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium and LED lights all can produce a large amount of light in the Ultra Violet spectrum that is beneficial to cannabis plants but that can damage eyes and skin, I am not sure if some of you who grow under Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium have noticed that exposed skin will develop a tan like effect from exposure. I intend to try to keep my eyesight as sharp and as clear as possible and will not expose my eyes to further damage from Ultra Violet radiation from grow light sources. It is a small investment for grow equipment to safeguard my eyes from possible exposure to hazards that can be avoided. I also enjoy the colour correction that the HydroFarm Active Eye Growroom Glasses provide.

I am using a pair of Active Eye Growroom Glasses when I am in my grow areas, the Active Eye Growroom Glasses are meant to filter High Pressure Sodium spectrum and do a great job almost colour correcting the light coming from the LED light panels. You can see there is a lot of blue light in the full spectrum lighting that Lush Lighting uses in their LED light panels. I have read other people have purchased shade #5 welding glasses to wear when in LED lighten grow areas.

Active Eye Growroom Glasses

"Active Eye Growroom Lenses with Interchangable Bonus Lenses!

See better, grow better.

Active Eye Growroom Lenses reduce the red/orange glare from sodium grow lamps so you can see your plants in a more natural light. It's easier to identify pests and disease problems without having to turn off your grow lights.

Includes a bonus set of gray lenses for outdoor use.

• Daylight vision
• UV/IR protection
• Anti-glare"

I really hate putting glasses on before going in the grow area, but maybe I should start wearing them.

I like those, KingJohnC, but I wear Rx glasses. I've got some polarized glasses called Cocoons (marketed mainly towards fishermen and shooters) that I won a while back from an outdoor thingamabob magazine or whatnot, and they fit over Rx glasses. They work pretty good, but still leave me blinking a little while walking away from my closet. If I could find Active Eye glasses in over-Rx, I'd scoop 'em up.

I certainly don't want to harm my vision any worse than it is already (there just HAD TO BE an eclipse that one day in 92, and I just HAD TO stare at the sun and watch it, lol). While I used to do some welding, I've never owned a hood. Y'all are just slowly shaking your heads now, I know. But I truly do value what's left of my eyes. I'll keep safety in mind. ;) Thanks for sharing.

The Active Eye Growroom Glasses will fit over a pair of prescription glasses.

Active Eye Growroom Glasses

Ah, well kick ass. Will keep them in mind, when I get paid (meager pay, lol) again. In the meantime, I'll keep using my Cocoons, but will limit my visual exposure. Temps are great in the closet right now. I think I can easily keep closet door shut, which is how it should be.

On a side note, I've got an ounce of dry fan leaves I'm not sure what to do with, and about 11g of already-run-once popcorns and shake that I want to run for oil again. Any idea what to do with teh fan leaves, or are they just good for compost?

I've made cannabutter out of trim and was disappointed, but my dad unknowingly had some of the brownies and was acting a bit giddy :laughtwo:

So excited, can barely type! I want to send a shout out to c526, without whom this wouldn't be possible.

My pleasure to help.

I really think in your space,this light is a perfect size,cant wait to see what you can produce with it.

KingJohnC

thanks for the info on the eyeware,its something I take for granted,and I shouldnt

It really does fit perfectly, and has excellent coverage, almost no matter its height. Girls are very happy today. :) I am too. :)

AMK - looking really nice. Girls definitely look happy.

Those flat plate discs you were using at their bases, I found with mine too that there were inherent dangers of mutilations and amputations. So I cut the discs in half, cut a V-notch in the centre of each half and just slid the discs up close from the side. Still get custom coverage and easy to move in and out. (If that didn't make sense, I can get you a photo.)

Thank you very much, too old! :)

I think I know what you mean, but feel free to share a pic. ;)

I basically had cut a 5-6mm channel from edge to center, then about a 1cm hole in center. I'm not sure I'm going to use them, as they seem to have enough light, they got in the way of watering, and I may even be putting adding some perlite (or perlite-rich soil) back onto the tops of the pots (not sure on that yet, running low on perlite) But I might use them if they're safer and easier.

No problem, AMK. I started using them when my mentor had me growing with rockwool. After a couple of weeks, algae started to form on the top of the wool near the trunks. He was using some witches brew to try to control it, and it wasn't working. By using the semi-discs, it eliminated the light necessary for growth. Within three days all the algae was gone. (Side note: was watering by pump and spaghetti lines on a timer, so the discs just sat on top of the water lines.)

So basically, if you just carried on with your channel and cut them in half, you would have it. Same thing only different. I started by using the lid from a dairy product container, but found it hard to hold (fat fingers), and went to the corrugated plastic, the kind that looks like cardboard. Being thicker, it was easier to handle for me.

Ahh, okay. I was trying it out, to reflect more of my CFL light onto the plants, instead of being absorbed by the soil.

I'm beginning to see the first signs of side branches, on both the front KxS#1, and the front NLxS. I'm thinking of topping, but I'm not sure I want a lot of branches, yet. I may want to start a couple more plants in there, and get something perpetual going. I've also looked into lollipopping, and I like the idea, just removing low branches and cloning them. I could just let em grow as they are. I think I mentioned something about intending to just let 'em grow, but can't remember. I'm open to trying things. Already been expecting mostly singular vertical growth, from going 12/12 from seed (that might be a false assumption), but there's space for either more plants, or more branches in there, and I'd like to maximize the use of available space, while also keeping airflow in mind.

Anywho, here are the latest pics, grabbed about 20 minutes ago. :) It's a little difficult to photograph in there without flash, because on my camera, it's almost a complete washout of pink, lol.

SAM_1711.JPG
SAM_1712.JPG
SAM_17081.JPG
SAM_1707.JPG
SAM_1705.JPG

EDIT2: I also forgot to mention, I raised the light about 2 inches today, to have it about 24" up. Those yo-yo's (that the right name?) really rock!

looking very good. I suggest hanging the light 14" away so you can get the most out of it.

Back
Top Bottom