Lady Cannafan Indoor Garden Sponsored By ViparSpectra KS5000 LED - Multiple Strains

Altering daily light with unnatural length of light periods induces female cannabis plants produce pollen, how stable the seeds and gene lines can vary greatly. It is also part of discovery when you confirm success is or is not possible and strategist on other approaches!
I hear you. I was praying that all of those power outages wouldn't affect them, but I'm thinking it's part of the culprit, especially the ones that were hours long and even a full day. If someone kept switching a light on and off in front of me, I would get a headache too. LOL There was nothing I could do about it, but hope.
The stability of the seeds was a big question mark as well. I knew that going in. The Viparspectra lights did their job and I'm very happy with them.
I'll have enough bud to make oil, and the other things I need to do. I just won't be getting any 1 lb. harvests off the plants. 😝

That's for sure John. I took my chances when I started with most of the seeds.
Next run is going to be all seeds from Barneys Farm. I won't do as many plants either. The watering is highly stressful during the winter with having to bring it from outside, and unfreezing the snow first. 😝
Look for chunks of ice if you can. Much higher water yield than snow.

As for your harvest, I like to wait until the pistils/stigmas have all darkened and crinkled in before I even start checking trichomes.

How do your's look?

Look for chunks of ice if you can. Much higher water yield than snow.

As for your harvest, I like to wait until the pistils/stigmas have all darkened and crinkled in before I even start checking trichomes.

How do your's look?
Hi Azimuth
After the pistols/stigmas have darkened and crinkled in. Is that when the ladies will stop drinking water?
My two ladies are at that point in their lives and I think they are getting close.

Hi Azimuth
After the pistols/stigmas have darkened and crinkled in. Is that when the ladies will stop drinking water?
My two ladies are at that point in their lives and I think they are getting close.
Yep, that's another sign to watch for, or at least they slow their drinking markedly. :thumb:

Yep, that's another sign to watch for, or at least they slow their drinking markedly. :thumb:
Thank You, just got done scoping the trichomes a few amber here and there but still too many clear ones. They are still thirsty every third day.

Testing the unknown has its limits!
Heya KJ! Long time no see old friend!! Great to see you!
Lady C..... Your plants are looking great. I know you're kinda bummed about the seeds. But you never know..... might get a seed with a killer phenotype!! Happy Wednesday hun!! 😎✌️

I'm kinda thinking I better drop some seeds in to soak today.

I did some fan leaf trimming of one of the Peanut Butter Breath that I chopped down, and found several seriously tiny little nanner sacks that had powder tucked into the stem crevices.

We all know what that means......with those fans in the grow room, I'm sure all of the plants got hit.

As soon as lights are on this morning, I will go in with my jewelers headset and do some close inspecting of the remaining girls. I'm pretty sure what I will find.

Looking at the time frame for nanners to have come out and dropped pollen, I'm almost certain this was due to the stress of the lighting issue with outages.

So freaking disgusted....but it is what it is.
A fresh start is in order.

When I have grown unknown gene lines from gifted seeds and encountered unwanted female pollen sacks I use micro tip scissors and gently cut out the pollen sack cluster. Removing the pollen sacks allows the plant to continue focusing on producing tricomes and potency.

When I have grown unknown gene lines from gifted seeds and encountered unwanted female pollen sacks I use micro tip scissors and gently cut out the pollen sack cluster. Removing the pollen sacks allows the plant to continue focusing on producing tricomes and potency.
That's a good idea John. Had I known there were pollen sacks, I could have done that.
I have a new plan, based on what has happened.

Yep, there are other plants in there with seeds started.
So, after much anger...disgust....disappointment, I have come up with a new plan.

I will drop some Barneys' Seeds today or tomorrow to begin a new grow. In the meantime I am going to salvage what I can from several of the plants, and some of them I'm just going to let seed up. I think I said in the beginning I was going to make seeds, this just isn't how I was going to go about it.

Here's one of those tiny hidden open nanners, with fresh pollen hanging on. This thing was so freaking tiny!

Back
Top Bottom