LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

A warning to everyone. If you tried this like me at week 7 of ten and loved he result do not think even more is better. Much like ferts or water, there is too much.
I back built mine at 5 weeks and a second time at 8. Ended up with fox tail monstrosities. They looked weird, and now that they are dry I have found the two really foxtailed plants to have the most airy undesireable nugs. So recommend you stick to one back build and do it late so you don't ruin plants like this
image11226.jpeg

It looks big, but it is all air. Will take a pic of the sad looking nugs tonight.

Yes. However the other times I back built at 6-7 out of ten weeks, last time at about 4 then again at about 7. Too much I guess. Chocolope did the same thing with extra foxtail and airy buds. Other strains were all fine. Perhaps it is strain dependant.

I might have been a bit late with this (start of week 6 will be running them for 9 weeks with a 10-14 day flush) but just done it with my clones I am flowering while vegging using the GLR, means I have to move my baby buds about a bit but its worth it to get an early sample while vegging. I have a couple of pics and will take more in a couple of weeks.
IMG_060030.jpg
IMG_059929.jpg
Hey mate I'm new on heare and learning. Curious how you have stunted your plant so much and how you have it starting to bud in veg stait. Very Interesting cheers mate.

Sent from my SM-G920I using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A warning to everyone. If you tried this like me at week 7 of ten and loved he result do not think even more is better. Much like ferts or water, there is too much.
I back built mine at 5 weeks and a second time at 8. Ended up with fox tail monstrosities. They looked weird, and now that they are dry I have found the two really foxtailed plants to have the most airy undesireable nugs. So recommend you stick to one back build and do it late so you don't ruin plants like this
It looks big, but it is all air. Will take a pic of the sad looking nugs tonight.

That isn't actually fox tailing it's a phenotype of haze plants happens time to time. Your is are actually more dense than a lot of the ones I have run into.

Old thread, but thanks LA and other contributors! Great reading

I joined all the others here and gently cut the tops of my Raspberry Diesel at the 46th day of flower, which was yesterday. Maybe a bit late?, but as this Raspberry Diesel pheno goes for about 70 days or so, I will hopefully be able to harvest large & dense buds shortly.

Not to hijack the old thread, but I`m thinking of adding a 400W MH bulb (in addition to 600HPS) for the last three weeks. It seems like lots of people claim that this gives denser nugs (extra UVB light?). Anyone with experience here?

Old thread, but thanks LA and other contributors! Great reading

I joined all the others here and gently cut the tops of my Raspberry Diesel at the 46th day of flower, which was yesterday. Maybe a bit late?, but as this Raspberry Diesel pheno goes for about 70 days or so, I will hopefully be able to harvest large & dense buds shortly.

Not to hijack the old thread, but I`m thinking of adding a 400W MH bulb (in addition to 600HPS) for the last three weeks. It seems like lots of people claim that this gives denser nugs (extra UVB light?). Anyone with experience here?
Mh is more blue for veg dont use late into flower

Autoflower420

HI LA, thanks for the tip. I saw it 2 weeks ago and snipped tips on 6 of my top colas, leaving the other ones alone. The weight and density of the BB buds is definitely noticeable- I would say up to 30% more weight/ density in treated buds.
I am growing a bagseed. In week 7 atm, unsure how long left, trichs still clear, lots of white hairs left.
thanks again for the technique, it's class!
420-magazine-mobile1073861946.jpg

Back
Top Bottom